User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    That's a lot of work.

I do think that perhaps the lack of interesting discussion in the threads does result in forum drama filling the vacuum left by the lack of interesting discussion.

Though there's a kind of vicious circle because the people who'll create that vacuum by sounding off at anyone creating new threads, assuming every new poster is a dupe etc. then sustain the drama cycles that take their place and complain about the lack of decent discussion.

Anyway, its more to do with the membership than the forum, itself, so you know.

I'm not sure there's moderator solution either, well, not entirely, but I agree its worthwhile alerting them to what's occurring. Particularly when exploiting forum rules and moderation is part of the game.
    It seems like there's been an uptick in interesting discussions lately though. So far the political subforum seems to have remained mostly civil, so that's been nice. Just hope it stays like that. I had to really dial back on my snark, I know I contributed a lot to the generally shitty tone in the past, but I don't really find myself taking things personally like I used to.

I don't really know a good solution because reporting people seems to be a hit-or-miss way of dealing with it. But hopefully you don't let those people drive you away from the forum, since it seems quite a few older members have been driven to leave in the last couple of years. I feel like shit if I had any part in that, but maybe some of them will come back eventually.
    Likes Veebee, SearchingforPeace liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
    How about you, @Veebee?
    I'm yet to form an opinion.

Dislikes: How long it takes to delete trolls and socks. Interforum drama. Histrionics.
    Likes Veebee liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I asked them straight away.

Got another Rep. So, yeah, how it goes.

Edit: Changed PM to Rep, it was a typo.
    Report the request and the rep. That is easy to prove, and to enforce.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes INTJMom liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Report the request and the rep. That is easy to prove, and to enforce.
    No, it is not. I don't have anything to hide so let's get the show on the road. In public. That way people who read this won't get suckered by Lark in the future.

I just reported his personal insult post that started the rep exchange between Lark and I on August 20th. (Funny how he left that part out.) After he came into the thread to insult me I repped him twice. The second one requesting that he stop quoting my posts. So far he has complied. But it's only been two days. If you want my reps posted here, I am happy to post my reps with the date and times. But let's be clear - this started with his entering a thread to make an off-topic, personal insult. Nothing else.

Some of us didn't leave the forum when the politics forum closed and to have to put up with Lark's insulting behavior all over again as soon as he gets back, is not something I plan on putting up with. Period. As someone mentioned, the reopening has been going smoothly. Except for Lark's insult. There is no benefit to anyone reading Lark posting to me or vice versa with the reopening of the politics forum. Put an end to it and implement a forced ignore if you can.

Edit: Btw, what do I dislike most about this forum? People not having the guts to tell it straight.
    See what others don't.
    Likes Tater liked this post

Saprophytic Aphrodite Peter Deadpan's Avatar

Ironic.
    Perpetual mood

"It is not the personality's task to tell the truth,
    but to seem to, try to, or try to seem to."

Philip Trussell

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    No, it is not. I don't have anything to hide so let's get the show on the road. In public. That way people who read this won't get suckered by Lark in the future.

I just reported his personal insult post that started the rep exchange between Lark and I on August 20th. (Funny how he left that part out.) After he came into the thread to insult me I repped him twice. The second one requesting that he stop quoting my posts. So far he has complied. But it's only been two days. If you want my reps posted here, I am happy to post my reps with the date and times. But let's be clear - this started with his entering a thread to make an off-topic, personal insult. Nothing else.

Some of us didn't leave the forum when the politics forum closed and to have to put up with Lark's insulting behavior all over again as soon as he gets back, is not something I plan on putting up with. Period. As someone mentioned, the reopening has been going smoothly. Except for Lark's insult. There is no benefit to anyone reading Lark posting to me or vice versa with the reopening of the politics forum. Put an end to it and implement a forced ignore if you can.

Edit: Btw, what do I dislike most about this forum? People not having the guts to tell it straight.
    If you would like a member not to interact with you here, tell them so. If they violate that, report it and we will handle it. Of course that requires that you also not interact with them.

One thing I dislike is members complaining while not availing themselves of the resources available.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    If you would like a member not to interact with you here, tell them so. If they violate that, report it and we will handle it. Of course that requires that you also not interact with them.

One thing I dislike is members complaining while not availing themselves of the resources available.
    I already did on 8-20-19, via rep. And had the truth been told in this thread rather than facts being conveniently left out, I wouldn't have said anything. I know of few people—if any—who are going to sit here and say nothing while someone lies through their teeth. I was tired of it.

Thanks.
    See what others don't.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    496 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII Fi

Favorite :
    Oasis , Noel Gallaghers High Flying Birds , Beady Eye and Liam Gallagher
    Cat
    Drawing
    Music
    Anime
    Alone
    Food
    Deep Relationships

Dislike :
    Too Loud Volume ( It is like , until make me uncomfortable to listen. But , I still like rock music which they are loud ).
    Too Dark and Light room
    People who disturbs my personal space
    People who disrespectful
    Arguing
    Too much flavoured foods like too spicy , too salty , too sweet , etc
    Immature person
    Insensitive person

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    No, it is not. I don't have anything to hide so let's get the show on the road. In public. That way people who read this won't get suckered by Lark in the future. I just reported his personal insult post that started the rep exchange between Lark and I on August 20th. (Funny how he left that part out.) After he came into the thread to insult me I repped him twice. The second one requesting that he stop quoting my posts. So far he has complied. But it's only been two days. If you want my reps posted here, I am happy to post my reps with the date and times. But let's be clear - this started with his entering a thread to make an off-topic, personal insult. Nothing else. Some of us didn't leave the forum when the politics forum closed and to have to put up with Lark's insulting behavior all over again as soon as he gets back, is not something I plan on putting up with. Period. As someone mentioned, the reopening has been going smoothly. Except for Lark's insult. There is no benefit to anyone reading Lark posting to me or vice versa with the reopening of the politics forum. Put an end to it and implement a forced ignore if you can. Edit: Btw, what do I dislike most about this forum? People not having the guts to tell it straight.
    Alternatively, you could grow a pair.