User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

Quote Originally Posted by typologyenthusiast View Post
    Dislike : I would love to have more crowd. More thread is responded.
    I definitely agree with the idea that its good to get more traffick and participation on the site, I've always thought that, but then I like meeting new people and while I'm pretty down the middle in terms of introversion and extroversion when I'm in a good mood it errs on the side of extroversion. Not everyone is like that. Not everyone on this site is like that.

The dupe fests of the past, schemes and scams that were popular for a time among people using the site, its all taken its toil I reckon and there's definitely clusters of members who are nursing old, old grudges from years back that do not take a lot to reignite. I dont think that's just about who is still visiting the site, if only intermittently, or who owns the site or any of the other reasons that have been mentioned as explanations. Its probably nostalgia for a different time with a lot of different people.

I've seen the forum cycle through a bunch of different memberships and moods. Its something I think ALL forums go through but its interesting that more awareness of it doesnt seem to exist on a psychology/typology dedicated site. Its in microcosm the sort of "good old days" fantasy that I think you get on a grand scale offline, possibly over a longer time scale. I dont know, its just surmising and musing on my part really.

Although, I do think the people complaining about this dont see how they're playing a role in it, or maybe they do and want to run the forum into the ground because of a grudge, or to fulfill some sort of prophecy they have become convinced off, or dont give a shit and figure its not their problem. Just a bunch of thoughts and observations, could apply equally to any group, community, social scene or anything else as ready as a forum.

Which is a thing. When you're giving feedback on the forum maybe you have to be aware of whether you're reviewing the forum or reviewing the forum users and what's trending among them at the moment.

What I like about this forum is the Like function, the rep. function (although I know people have been abusing it like jerks, what can you do), User CP, PM function, individual wall posts function. The colour scheme and layout are not bad and I also appreciate the fact that its not jammed with ads, banner ads, other sorts of financialization or monetization.

What I dislike is probably the difficulty in posting pictures, gifs, stuff like that but it could be just a part of working on learning the functionality myself as it seems to work OK for other members who are more informed or familiar than I am. I kind of miss the arcade but I understand why its gone and I think its gone because those sorts of game functions have been on the wane online generally, or so I think, there were a bunch of really fun games on facebook at a time and they have vanished. The indie development of the same seems to have been eclipsed as how much of a money spinner it is has been recognised.
    Likes Veebee, highlander liked this post

I like the actual rep, like etc. functions but I dislike the way that a few members have discovered they can abuse the same things for their own amusement.

I think it could be interesting if you could toggle reps similar to the access to your personal wall posts, perhaps you could restrict it to members you have added to your friends list?

I'm just aware that its not supposed to be used as a means by which members can make unwanted contact with other members, facilitate passive aggressive posting, threaten members with sanction by moderators or bans etc.

Appreciate this could be a difficult matter to resolve and that the people abusing these features as they do could be doing it precisely in order to have those features excised from the forum, exercise some sort control freakery etc. Still, its one of those things, I know its not the features that are to blame but their abuse and its the behaviour rather than the feature that's got to stop. I've tried asking nicely but the member in question is in some sort of misery spiral so I doubt they're likely to respond as I'd hope.
    Likes Veebee liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    -
    Socionics
    - None

I like the quality of discussion, some of which is arguably very close to academic level.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I'm just aware that its not supposed to be used as a means by which members can make unwanted contact with other members, facilitate passive aggressive posting, threaten members with sanction by moderators or bans etc.

Appreciate this could be a difficult matter to resolve and that the people abusing these features as they do could be doing it precisely in order to have those features excised from the forum, exercise some sort control freakery etc. Still, its one of those things, I know its not the features that are to blame but their abuse and its the behaviour rather than the feature that's got to stop. I've tried asking nicely but the member in question is in some sort of misery spiral so I doubt they're likely to respond as I'd hope.
    Forum rules apply to non-public communications like reps, PMs, and discord DMs, too. If someone is contacting you privately in a way that violates rules or is unwelcome, do report it. At minimum you can ask that they stop contacting you, and that will be enforced provided you are willing to do the same.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    Infp
    Enneagram
    925 sx/sp
    Socionics
    🐼 Fi

Hahahaha.
    ✦ᏖᏒᎥᎮ ค ℓιɬɬℓɛ Ꮭıɠɧɬ ʄคŋɬคʂɬıƈ✦ -: ✦ :- ƒ O ᖇ G E ᗪ I ᑎ ƒ I ᖇ E ❋-: ✦ :-★ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ꜰᴇᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴇʟꜱ★
    * ・゚ ・゚ * ⊱9w1✶S✶2w1✶X✶5w6⊰ * ・゚ ・゚ *
    ✦Շђєяє คяє ๓σяє тнιηﻭѕ ιη нєανєη αη∂ єαятн Շђαη คяє ∂яєαмт σƒ ιη уσυя ρнιℓσѕσρну.✦

MBTI
    Infp
    Enneagram
    925 sx/sp
    Socionics
    🐼 Fi

How about you, @Veebee?
    ✦ᏖᏒᎥᎮ ค ℓιɬɬℓɛ Ꮭıɠɧɬ ʄคŋɬคʂɬıƈ✦ -: ✦ :- ƒ O ᖇ G E ᗪ I ᑎ ƒ I ᖇ E ❋-: ✦ :-★ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ꜰᴇᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴇʟꜱ★
    * ・゚ ・゚ * ⊱9w1✶S✶2w1✶X✶5w6⊰ * ・゚ ・゚ *
    ✦Շђєяє คяє ๓σяє тнιηﻭѕ ιη нєανєη αη∂ єαятн Շђαη คяє ∂яєαмт σƒ ιη уσυя ρнιℓσѕσρну.✦

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I like the actual rep, like etc. functions but I dislike the way that a few members have discovered they can abuse the same things for their own amusement.

I think it could be interesting if you could toggle reps similar to the access to your personal wall posts, perhaps you could restrict it to members you have added to your friends list?

My advice is take screenshots of everything they're doing, and make use of any block features available. That way the mods can't really ignore it if you have visual evidence. Otherwise it tends to become another case of he said/she said/they said
    you do realize that this is the captain?

Stop throwing rocks through people's windows and then whining when the homeowner wonders what the police might have to say about that kind of behavior.
    If you are working on something exciting that you really care about, you don't have to be pushed. The vision pulls you.

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Forum rules apply to non-public communications like reps, PMs, and discord DMs, too. If someone is contacting you privately in a way that violates rules or is unwelcome, do report it. At minimum you can ask that they stop contacting you, and that will be enforced provided you are willing to do the same.
    I asked them straight away.

Got another Rep. So, yeah, how it goes.

Edit: Changed PM to Rep, it was a typo.

Quote Originally Posted by asynartetic View Post
    My advice is take screenshots of everything they're doing, and make use of any block features available. That way the mods can't really ignore it if you have visual evidence. Otherwise it tends to become another case of he said/she said/they said
    That's a lot of work.

I do think that perhaps the lack of interesting discussion in the threads does result in forum drama filling the vacuum left by the lack of interesting discussion.

Though there's a kind of vicious circle because the people who'll create that vacuum by sounding off at anyone creating new threads, assuming every new poster is a dupe etc. then sustain the drama cycles that take their place and complain about the lack of decent discussion.

Anyway, its more to do with the membership than the forum, itself, so you know.

I'm not sure there's moderator solution either, well, not entirely, but I agree its worthwhile alerting them to what's occurring. Particularly when exploiting forum rules and moderation is part of the game.