• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Gays & Relationships With Women

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
hey i have a gay question bc of all this prop 8 stuff in california.

when a gay couple is raising their adopted child... do they teach them to be gay?

bc if they teach them to be gay, aren't they saying its a choice? or at least, partially a choice?
No they don't teach them to be gay, where the hell did you hear that?!?!?

:doh:

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
breathe! haha

i have no idea. thats why im asking!

do u know gay couples with kids?
All the ones I have ever known *never* taught their kids to be gay.

And, dude, who the hell teaches their kids to be gay or straight??? :huh:

That is the most ludicrous thing, ever.

Sexual orientation is an *innate* thing, that means you are born with it. ;)

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
Sexual orientation is an *innate* thing, that means you are born with it. ;)

i don't really care enough about this to argue...

but yeah, i don't see why gay parents would want their adopted kids to get a gay education, seeing how they would not share their gay genes (from their perspective) so i don't really disagree with anything that affects me.

ENTJ Extraordinaire

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
9w1
GAY GENES?

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY THAT GAY BABIES ARE BORN IN SKINNIES OR SOMETHING ;)

lol
i'm joking.

however, i do find it a difficult concept to grasp, the idea of Genetic Sexuality...*sigh* it doesn't seem like a predetermined thing to me, but something you develop...i guess...BAH I DON'T KNOW! such a hard topic to decide on!

it guess it has to be a genetic thing, coz for the most part, it seems predetermined!

Kora

MBTI Type
ENTP
I wonder what's actually a 'gay education'.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
AP Gay Agenda And How To Turn Unsuspecting Straight People Gay

Kora

MBTI Type
ENTP
Hey, that makes me remember that I read once that some people believed muslims were preparing some kind of biological attack (antrax-like) that would make people gay.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hey, that makes me remember that I read once that some people believed muslims were preparing some kind of biological attack (antrax-like) that would make people gay.

Lol, you're right, I had totally forgotten about that!

however, i do find it a difficult concept to grasp, the idea of Genetic Sexuality...*sigh* it doesn't seem like a predetermined thing to me, but something you develop...i guess...BAH I DON'T KNOW! such a hard topic to decide on! it guess it has to be a genetic thing, coz for the most part, it seems predetermined!

As far as having homosexual feelings goes, that is definitely not a choice. (The social stigma is so enormous, still, in many ways that the feelings need to be intense to run counter to social norms or to leave one feeling so miserable when one does not express them.)

With issues like this, there is no yet proven genetic pathway, and it's probably a combination of genetics working together that then leave one open to some environment influences as well. Many people share the same social/family experiences homosexuals do growing up, but never end up experiencing a gay sexual preference.

Even with the "ex-gays," from the surveys done later with them, the preferences still exist; usually what they learn to do is control the behavior and expression of the preferences, but the preferences don't really seem to disappear or completely flip over. Some become celibate, which to me also shows the preferences have not changed but only the behavior. it's also hard to determine whether someone is "gay" or just "bi," in a situation where they seem to adjust well to a "straight" life.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP

They already have that, it's called a Barbara Streisand record.

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
ha ha, you mean, no "double buddy system" just to avoid the insinuation?

What about two buddies putting an empty seat between them at the cinema? How pathetic is that? As if the rest of us cinema-goers even care.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What about two buddies putting an empty seat between them at the cinema? How pathetic is that? As if the rest of us cinema-goers even care.

You should study instinctive male urinal etiquette, it's definitely along the same lines.

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
i have a childhood friend who i found out was gay about a year ago... it was interesting because he always had a lot of female friends, but it never seemed like he had a physical attraction to men. considering that, ive wondered if the only reason he decided to identify himself as gay was because his interaction with the females around him was never sexual in nature. apparently he has a boyfriend but i always wondered if that was how it started. :thinking:

Eldanen

Arcesso pulli gingerios!
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
i have a childhood friend who i found out was gay about a year ago... it was interesting because he always had a lot of female friends, but it never seemed like he had a physical attraction to men. considering that, ive wondered if the only reason he decided to identify himself as gay was because his interaction with the females around him was never sexual in nature. apparently he has a boyfriend but i always wondered if that was how it started. :thinking:

How would you tell if he had a physical attraction to men? With me it's kinda obvious in the way I smile at them, but it might not be so with some.

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
How would you tell if he had a physical attraction to men? With me it's kinda obvious in the way I smile at them, but it might not be so with some.

when we were growing up there was never any sort of awkwardness between him and any of his other male friends and myself. it was so long ago its hard to say for sure, but i remember him expressing physical attraction towards women on a few occasions... he was always a little fruity but if anything i considered him a lucky guy to have so many female friends. i just wondered if he had really been hiding a physical attraction towards men or if he psychologically created that due to his relation to females.