User Tag List

123 Last

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    yupp

Default What mental illness(es) have you been dx with before finding the correct one?

I'm just curious. Also I want to show people who know they don't have a correct dx yet that it's possibly to find it, just may take awhile

first I got Depression
    then Bipolar NOS
    then depression and anxiety
    finally schizoaffective (which is probably correct though not 100% sure but the treatment for it works well)
    Likes awbro, Zhaylin liked this post

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    yupp

you know it's ok to reply to this thread, right?

A Bittersweet Symphony... The Cat's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    478 so/sx

Okay is such an unfortunately subjective term when it comes to how this sort of thing is perceived; so many complications seem to loom on the fringes of what if...

There's never a deficit of pitchforks these days... and torches are half off if you use your angry mob membership card.

The silence speaks volumes wouldnt you say?
    I am the Cat who walks by himself; and all places are alike to me...
    Likes awbro, prplchknz, Population: 1, Hexcoder liked this post

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn Silverfrond View Post
    Okay is such an unfortunately subjective term when it comes to how this sort of thing is perceived; so many complications seem to loom on the fringes of what if...

There's never a deficit of pitchforks these days... and torches are half off if you use your angry mob membership card.

The silence speaks volumes wouldnt you say?

A Bittersweet Symphony... The Cat's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    478 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    Yeah, it is indeed But at the very least as the chains of fear weaken and the iron bars of negative social stigmas rust, there's a thread for them to share their burdens, and hopefull ome freedom from it, or at the very least some respite with company. I'm sure this thread will be used to great effect. Perhaps it's merely waiting like a dormant seed. It's only the first day after all...
    I am the Cat who walks by himself; and all places are alike to me...
    Likes prplchknz liked this post

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn Silverfrond View Post
    Yeah, it is indeed But at the very least as the chains of fear weaken and the iron bars of negative social stigmas rust, there's a thread for them to share their burdens, and hopefull ome freedom from it, or at the very least some respite with company. I'm sure this thread will be used to great effect. Perhaps it's merely waiting like a dormant seed. It's only the first day after all...
    true. I just know that there are people here who've been trying to find a dx or have a dx but the treatment for it isn't working so it may not be correct and i wanted to give those people hope
    Likes The Cat, Luminous, Zhaylin liked this post

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    952 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI Si

Depression
    Major Depression (?)
    Bipolar
    Anxiety

In truth: (back then) severe sleep deprivation, mild anxiety and depression (today) HSP manifesting as anxiety. Medication helps, so I'm not complaining TOO much about the dx lol.

It's just a pet peeve.

I truthfully tell people that I lost 3 years trying to find the right medication cocktail and it was hell. But once I found what worked, it was worth it.
    Likes prplchknz, awbro, Chaotic Symphony liked this post

Tempbanned

When I entered the psyche ward my dominant diagnosis was depression. They even prescribed me an anti-depressant.
    When I did outpatient there, the therapist said I had bad untreated anxiety, which caused me depression because it made it difficult for me to cope with my every day life.
    When I saw a therapist on campus he felt I struggled with PTSD from my predator of the past.

So in the end I mainly have GAD and PTSD, with depression episodes due to the anxiety at times.
    Likes prplchknz, Zhaylin liked this post

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None

So do we just assume that EVERYONE has mental issues now?

I was once diagnosed as clinically depressed- I wasn't. I was in a very shitty situation and felt better once I got out of it. It appalls me that we are much quicker to diagnose and drug than we are to make the slight improvements to society which would make many people's lives so much better.

I suspect that I do have a complex or two, ( who doesn't?) but this thread is not about suspicions or self-diagnosis so I'll spare you.
    " Do something, even if it's wrong."

" I don't wanna have to but I will, if that's what I'm supposed to do
    We don't wanna set up for the kill, but that's what I'm 'bout to do."
    Likes Zhaylin liked this post

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Yuu View Post
    So do we just assume that EVERYONE has mental issues now?

I was once diagnosed as clinically depressed- I wasn't. I was in a very shitty situation and felt better once I got out of it. It appalls me that we are much quicker to diagnose and drug than we are to make the slight improvements to society which would make many people's lives so much better.
    no this thread doesn't assume one, where the fuck did i say everyone. i'm simply refering to the people who are struggling mentally if you're not then this thread does not apply to you.
    Likes Greed liked this post