User Tag List

Thread: A Beautiful Lie

Default A Beautiful Lie

I am drowning in popular culture which knows that we are all gifted. In the flood of images I cling to the knowledge that only two percent are gifted.

Popular culture wants us to buy and feel good, so popular culture tells us beautiful lies, it tells us we are all gifted, when only two percent are.

This beautiful lie betrays those very few who are gifted. And this beautiful lie is the perfect expression of ressentiment, the bone marrow hatred of the gifted.

Where are you getting the 2% number and how are you defining gifted?
    Toto, I have a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.
    Likes Polka liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Where are you getting the 2% number and how are you defining gifted?
    An IQ of above 130 is an indication of giftedness. And of course only 2% are above 130.

I emphasis the fact that popular culture says we are all gifted. What do they take us for?

And even more important the gifted are emotionally different.

As well, the gifted are OE, over excitable, or with a high response to stimulae both internal and external.

So we can say, 2% of Jaguars, and 2% of Moles, are gifted, and not all Jaguars, and not all Moles (hard as it is to believe) are gifted.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    An IQ of above 130 is an indication of giftedness. And of course only 2% are above 130.

I emphasis the fact that popular culture says we are all gifted. What do they take us for?

And even more important the gifted are emotionally different.

As well, the gifted are OE, over excitable, or with a high response to stimulae both internal and external.

So we can say, 2% of Jaguars, and 2% of Moles, are gifted, and not all Jaguars, and not all Moles (hard as it is to believe) are gifted.
    My IQ is 3000, so I definitely qualify as gifted. I truly am speshul.
    A path is made by walking on it.

-Zhuangzi

Pop cultures are a beautiful lie, thus why most resent it.
    We're all born with our own gifts and talents. It's only through social mimicry and control that everyone should believe they are all sheeples that they should only oblige to those on in the top tier.
    Anyhow, people follow their own mantras. And pop culture doesn't define individual strengths, although it does seek to define, control, and conform in sometimes socially beneficial and sometimes not in helpful ways.
    Likes Zhaylin liked this post