• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

A Beautiful Lie

Mole

Permabanned
I am drowning in popular culture which knows that we are all gifted. In the flood of images I cling to the knowledge that only two percent are gifted.

Popular culture wants us to buy and feel good, so popular culture tells us beautiful lies, it tells us we are all gifted, when only two percent are.

This beautiful lie betrays those very few who are gifted. And this beautiful lie is the perfect expression of ressentiment, the bone marrow hatred of the gifted.

Jaguar

Where are you getting the 2% number and how are you defining gifted?

Mole

Permabanned
Where are you getting the 2% number and how are you defining gifted?

An IQ of above 130 is an indication of giftedness. And of course only 2% are above 130.

I emphasis the fact that popular culture says we are all gifted. What do they take us for?

And even more important the gifted are emotionally different.

As well, the gifted are OE, over excitable, or with a high response to stimulae both internal and external.

So we can say, 2% of Jaguars, and 2% of Moles, are gifted, and not all Jaguars, and not all Moles (hard as it is to believe) are gifted.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
An IQ of above 130 is an indication of giftedness. And of course only 2% are above 130.

I emphasis the fact that popular culture says we are all gifted. What do they take us for?

And even more important the gifted are emotionally different.

As well, the gifted are OE, over excitable, or with a high response to stimulae both internal and external.

So we can say, 2% of Jaguars, and 2% of Moles, are gifted, and not all Jaguars, and not all Moles (hard as it is to believe) are gifted.

My IQ is 3000, so I definitely qualify as gifted. I truly am speshul.

Polka

Pop cultures are a beautiful lie, thus why most resent it.
We're all born with our own gifts and talents. It's only through social mimicry and control that everyone should believe they are all sheeples that they should only oblige to those on in the top tier.
Anyhow, people follow their own mantras. And pop culture doesn't define individual strengths, although it does seek to define, control, and conform in sometimes socially beneficial and sometimes not in helpful ways.