User Tag List

First 78910 Last

MBTI
    INFX
    Enneagram
    4w3 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by bechimo View Post
    This is completely irrelevant to our discussion. It began with a simple question which you've avoided and when expressed why you're avoiding answering it, you give two different reasons of which neither is valid, relative to many possibilities premised on your own 'choice' premise.

Let's lay this out clearly and simply. You've oversimplified 'choice' and 'belief'. If one believes something, they may not have a choice to believe such because of both context and limitations in abilities. But they also might have a choice and an accurate belief, within the right context and considering their abilities.

Not everyone who wants to become president, becomes the president, regardless of their choices. There are thousands of politicians who haven't attained the position, even though they believe they should be the president and have made the right choices to work themselves to that level. Some can't because they can't handle stress where neuroticism isn't a choice. They also can't believe themselves out of neuroticism.
    I'm not sure I see how this has anything to do with what I said.

You did NOT ask a fair question, obviously. Fact.
    Even if we assume it IS a fair question, then I can answer the question how I want to.
    If you mean to "prove" by asking a question in which there is ONLY one correct answer that there is no such thing as choice, then I expect you to answer my question as well.
    I will repeat my question.
    Do you act like you don't have a choice?
    There is a very thin line that separates genius from madness and it is a red line that is razor sharp.
    Be careful what you expose yourself to because it could very well ruin you.

SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY...

Quote Originally Posted by Quick View Post
    You did NOT ask a fair question, obviously. Fact.
    Even if we assume it IS a fair question, then I can answer the question how I want to.
    How is the question unfair?

If you mean to "prove" by asking a question in which there is ONLY one correct answer that there is no such thing as choice, then I expect you to answer my question as well.
    I will repeat my question.
    Do you act like you don't have a choice?
    Nope, since you haven't answered my question, only ran around in tangents.

MBTI
    INFX
    Enneagram
    4w3 sp/sx

How is the question unfair?
    Because according to you (you can check me here if I am wrong) there is only one logical choice. I just happen to think that this assumes a moral decision rather than a logical one, which is that material hedonism is the correct worldview. I don't agree with this worldview.
    There is a very thin line that separates genius from madness and it is a red line that is razor sharp.

Because according to you (you can check me here if I am wrong) there is only one logical choice. I just happen to think that this assumes a moral decision rather than a logical one, which is that material hedonism is the correct worldview. I don't agree with this worldview.
    Wat? Nope. That's your inaccurate presumption, considering how an ethical multimillionaire can dedicate their lives and funds towards helping others since they have choice and belief, right?

MBTI
    INFX
    Enneagram
    4w3 sp/sx

Wat? Nope. That's your inaccurate presumption, considering how an ethical multimillionaire can dedicate their lives and funds towards helping others since they have choice and belief, right?
    So what would be a reason you would want to live in poverty?

SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY...

So what would be a reason you would want to live in poverty?
    You decide. Again, I rebroach the question. Make your choice.

MBTI
    INFX
    Enneagram
    4w3 sp/sx

You decide. Again, I rebroach the question. Make your choice.
    Alright, I guess we are at a stalemate because I can't decide. Now let's just drop it.

Alright, I guess we are at a stalemate because I can't decide. Now let's just drop it.
    What's the purpose of this post? If you genuinely wished to drop it, you wouldn't have responded.