User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Quick View Post
    You're acting like I can't think for myself. I gave my answer, you questioned it, I explained, you tampered with the data, and now you are trying to act like what you said shows no bias.

But do you really want to know the real reason why I can't decide?
    Sure, explain why you can't decide.

MBTI
    INFX
    Enneagram
    4w3 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by bechimo View Post
    Sure, explain why you can't decide.
    Because hard times (war) teaches more than abondance (peace) does. So the question you are asking isn't the question you are asking, but is a shadow of the question. You are basically asking me this: Would you rather struggle and learn or have it easy? That is the way I see the question. You are assuming that wealth and deprivation are in a vacuum, but they are not. To assume I would choose comfort over learning something is the POV of materialistic hedonism.

Their gods are their belly.
    There is a very thin line that separates genius from madness and it is a red line that is razor sharp.
    Be careful what you expose yourself to because it could very well ruin you.

A Bittersweet Symphony... The Cat's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    478 sp/sx

I am the Cat who walks by himself; and all places are alike to me...

Pansexual

Non Binary/Gender Fluid
    Polyamorous

Bard/Rogue
    Chaotic Neutral
    Slytherin

4w3 7w6 8w9
    ESFP
    Sanguine/Full of Goo...Vision Goo.

Who knows what goes on in the mind of a cat?

Because hard times (war) teaches more than abondance (peace) does. So the question you are asking isn't the question you are asking, but is a shadow of the question. You are basically asking me this: Would you rather struggle and learn or have it easy? That is the way I see the question. You are assuming that wealth and deprivation are in a vacuum, but they are not. To assume I would choose comfort over learning something is the POV of materialistic hedonism.
    But that wasn't my question, only your interpretation of my question. Also, I didn't manipulate the data, only broached another possibility which you didn't consider but should have considered, premised on your conception of choice. And something else that you didn't consider. Since the multimillionaire earned their money through ethical means, there's no reference to how they began, perhaps coming from a war torn country, pre-equipped with knowledge and traveled the hard road to success.

My question was simple and should easily be answered so here it is again.

If given the choice between being poverty stricken or a multimillionaire who earned their money through ethical actions, which would you choose?

MBTI
    INFX
    Enneagram
    4w3 sp/sx

which you didn't consider
    Checkmate.
    There is a very thin line that separates genius from madness and it is a red line that is razor sharp.

Checkmate.
    In what manner?

MBTI
    INFX
    Enneagram
    4w3 sp/sx

In what manner?
    If you admit you said that it means at the VERY LEAST I was right and you don't think I can think for myself. And if you can't "prove" there wasn't an alternate perspective where I had actually considered what you were telling me, then I was right about you tampering with the evidence. That would also mean I was right about you being biased and right about you trying to influence the results of your own experiment which is evidence in itself that I was AT LEAST partially right that science is dead.

If you admit you said that it means at the VERY LEAST I was right and you don't think I can think for myself. And if you can't "prove" there wasn't an alternate perspective where I had actually considered what you were telling me, then I was right about you tampering with the evidence. That would also mean I was right about you being biased and right about you trying to influence the results of your own experiment which is evidence in itself that I was AT LEAST partially right that science is dead.
    This is completely irrelevant to our discussion. It began with a simple question which you've avoided and when expressed why you're avoiding answering it, you give two different reasons of which neither is valid, relative to many possibilities premised on your own 'choice' premise.

Let's lay this out clearly and simply. You've oversimplified 'choice' and 'belief'. If one believes something, they may not have a choice to believe such because of both context and limitations in abilities. But they also might have a choice and an accurate belief, within the right context and considering their abilities.

Not everyone who wants to become president, becomes the president, regardless of their choices. There are thousands of politicians who haven't attained the position, even though they believe they should be the president and have made the right choices to work themselves to that level. Some can't because they can't handle stress where neuroticism isn't a choice. They also can't believe themselves out of neuroticism.
    Likes The Cat liked this post

A Bittersweet Symphony... The Cat's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    478 sp/sx

Are you a serious person?

I am the Cat who walks by himself; and all places are alike to me...

Pansexual

Non Binary/Gender Fluid
    Polyamorous

Bard/Rogue
    Chaotic Neutral
    Slytherin

4w3 7w6 8w9
    ESFP
    Sanguine/Full of Goo...Vision Goo.

Who knows what goes on in the mind of a cat?

MBTI
    INTP

Increases. Though empathy can lead to sadism just as easily as kindness.
    Likes The Cat liked this post