• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Perception of two groups

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm going to describe what I feel like when I'm around the following two groups of people. I want you to guess which two groups these are.

Group "A":

I feel relatively comfortable talking to these people. Conversation flows easily, and we can generally talk about anything and everything that comes to mind. When something is bothering me, they generally notice, and help me feel better about it. In return, I generally notice when something is wrong with them, and they appreciate my concern. If they happen to say something that I take personally, and then I get angry, say something spiteful, then turn around and apologize, they'll quickly forgive me and continue the conversation. Many of them are intelligent enough to understand the things I talk about, but even the ones that aren't as intelligent generally know what I need to hear, and can often tell exactly what I'm worried about. Many of them admit to having worried about the same things. They generally don't make me nervous or uncomfortable in the least, and often help me feel relaxed and at ease, especially if I know them well.

Group "B":

Most of these people make me feel a bit nervous and intimidated. I can usually talk about very basic things, but I'm so nervous that I don't sound as intelligent as normal. Also, they often accuse me of talking too much, or talking too fast, as if they were computers with very poor voice recognition software. If I try to discuss anything much deeper than the superficial, they seem to be repulsed. If they do anything that offends me, and I show signs of it, they get weirded out, and either threaten me, or go away from me in disgust. Most of the time if I'm discussing something, they get confused if I don't explictly and pedantically explain every step of where I'm going with something, and can't seem to pick up on the "flow." By the time I'm halfway through, they're bored. Some of them are more intelligent, but I have to careful only to discuss neutral topics with them, such as computing, because otherwise they'll feel nervous. A very few of them actually are perfectly nice, and my discomfort lessens the longer I know them, but there's always something about them that makes me a little tense.

What do you think these two groups are?

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Group "A": Friends, boyfriend/girlfriend/spouse, probably family.

Group "B": Other friends, probably family, co-workers.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was going to make up silly answers (like Democrat and Republican) but decided against it.

Do we get any choices to pick from? Is it a trick question? Are you referring to any MBTI type groups here?

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I'm going to guess that A is intuitives and B is sensors.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I was going to make up silly answers (like Democrat and Republican) but decided against it.

Do we get any choices to pick from? Is it a trick question? Are you referring to any MBTI type groups here?

Well, I don't really want to provide choices, because I don't want to bias people. I want to see if other people perceive these two groups the same way I do without being prompted.

It is not a trick question, I'm actually trying to find something out.

If I were referring to any MBTI types, I would have posted it in the "MBTI, Enneagram, and other personality matrices" section. This refers to two groups of people that exist in real life, but I suppose it is possible that Intuition was more common among the members of group A that I've encountered than among the members of group B.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Group "A": Friends, boyfriend/girlfriend/spouse, probably family.

Group "B": Other friends, probably family, co-workers.
My thoughts exactly (A=good friends, B=family/coworkers/aquaintances). Which group family would be in depends on your relationship with them I guess...for me it would be Group B anyway.

EDIT: or, group A could be opposite-sex, group B could be same-sex. Or vice-versa, I suppose.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If I were referring to any MBTI types, I would have posted it in the "MBTI, Enneagram, and other personality matrices" section. This refers to two groups of people that exist in real life, but I suppose it is possible that Intuition was more common among the members of group A that I've encountered than among the members of group B.

Oh, okay, cool -- thank you. :)

Aside from the answers that others have provided (Family vs Friends, etc.), I would say more generally that Group A is "People who you actually have stable relationships with" vs Group B being "People who are personally very insecure and whom you can't build relationships with at this time."

The individual maturity level of the Group A people is heaps above Group B. The Group B people are very self-absorbed in the sense that they're always thinking about everything in terms of how it impacts/threatens themselves instead of empathizing with how others might be viewing and experiencing things. Group A people don't seem worried about protecting themselves so much and can empathize much more easily with others.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Group A

INFP INTP INTJ INFJ ENFP ENTP ENTJ ENFJ

Group B

ESTJ ESFJ ESFP ESTP ISTJ ISFJ ISFP ISTP

BlackMita

I have a few random guesses…

A = people around your age or younger.
B = people significantly older than you.

A = people you are in company of during a similar activity, job, or position.
B = people you need to ‘step up to’ because of a difference in authority, or position.

A = intuitive perceivers
B = everybody else (?)

laughing dolphin

MBTI Type
INFJ
Hmmm... the way you've written this leads me to: group A consists of very close family and friends, people you appreciate, and group B...frankly, they don't seem to appreciate you much (perhaps), and certainly you don't seem to appreciate them and, in fact, you seem to disdain them.
Can't wait to find out how you distinguish them...

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
A=Very close friends and family.

B=People you know but aren't friends and family.

I put family in both categories, because I have member's in my family I can talk to about anything but then I'm intimidated by others. It depends on the situation. I could be wrong you could either be totally intimidated by you family or feel totally supported by them. Or you could be intimidated by close friends because you don't want them to think less of you, and everyone else you don't care enough about to censor yourself around.

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
a= people you like
b = people you can't

I WIN! :D

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
My wife is an INFJ, and the people she has most trouble being around are ESTJ and ISTJ. The people she has the easiest time getting along with are ENTP and ESTP.

So I guess
A = People who are easy going, enthusiastic and like to have fun, but also fairly stable and logical.

B = People who are responsible and tradition oriented, but put work at such a priority that they are insensitive to many of the people around them.

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
Group A - people you have become comfortable around over an extended period of time

Group B - people you feel threatened by (even if you aren't conciously aware of it)

heart

heart on fire
I would say that group A is people who are close to you and who care about you and group B are the opposite. Group A sound more emotionally intelligent than group B.

Not enough information to make anymore judgements about them.