• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Justifying Neurosis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mole

Permabanned
The worst thing about Carl Jung was that in refusing to attend therapy with Dr Sigmund Freud he justified neurosis rather than understanding or curing it

And then Carl Jung built a church with himself as guru to elaborate and justify neurosis. This is like a medical doctor in favour of disease. It is absurd and evil.

But many of us prefer to justify our neurosis rather than attend therapy. And so we prefer Carl Jung to Dr Sigmund Freud.

Jaguar

"My dear Jung, promise me never to abandon the sexual theory. That is the most essential thing of all. You see, we must make a dogma of it, an unshakable bulwark."
- Sigmund Freud

Freud was a closed-minded twit. That's why Jung told him to take a hike.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Everyone has neurosis and most of them make perfect sense when you look at the cause. Even though this is true, it doesn't make it healthy.

However our already ineffective mental healthcare system is already so over burdened that they have to let some things go, and those few "things" are everything beloe severe psychosis. Or ya know, rich people who can just throw cash at them.

I have a few neurosis myself. They don't seem like much but I am quite sure one of them will be the death of me. I would LOVE someone to help me deal with it but that looks quite unlikely.

Mole

Permabanned
"My dear Jung, promise me never to abandon the sexual theory. That is the most essential thing of all. You see, we must make a dogma of it, an unshakable bulwark."
- Sigmund Freud

Freud was a closed-minded twit. That's why Jung told him to take a hike

This is the popular, New Age view. In fact Dr Sigmund Freud was sane, and Carl Jung was psychotic. This is why Jung discontinued his psychoanalysis with Freud.

Jung had a father fixation with Freud which Freud insisted on analysing but Jung was not prepared to give up. So rather than giving up his father fixation Jung ended his psychoanalysis with Freud, and transferred his father fixation to the Fuhrer during WW II.

Jung is popular with neurotics because he indulges their neurosis, rather than analysing, evaluating, and integrating their neurosis into their daily lives.

Everyone has neurosis and most of them make perfect sense when you look at the cause. Even though this is true, it doesn't make it healthy.

However our already ineffective mental healthcare system is already so over burdened that they have to let some things go, and those few "things" are everything beloe severe psychosis. Or ya know, rich people who can just throw cash at them.

I have a few neurosis myself. They don't seem like much but I am quite sure one of them will be the death of me. I would LOVE someone to help me deal with it but that looks quite unlikely.

When everything is hopeless, take the next step. My first step was to read the books by Wilhelm Reich, the psychoanalyst, leading to my next step of doing Reichian Therapy with Lara Amber of the Radix Institute, New Mexico, and to my surprise discovering my natural exuberance.

To discover Reichian Therapy in the USA, just click on Find a Practitioner | Radix

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can see why they would say that, as what is "normal" is defined by social standards rather than how the brain is functioning. No one goes through life without being altered in some way by it. Sometimes the symptoms of neurosis are just what is needed to overcome a life obstacle too. So you can't really say there is one way to proper functioning.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The worst thing about Carl Jung was that in refusing to attend therapy with Dr Sigmund Freud he justified neurosis rather than understanding or curing it

And then Carl Jung built a church with himself as guru to elaborate and justify neurosis. This is like a medical doctor in favour of disease. It is absurd and evil.

But many of us prefer to justify our neurosis rather than attend therapy. And so we prefer Carl Jung to Dr Sigmund Freud.
Do you attend therapy? I think many members here do go to therapy. Do you?

Mole

Permabanned

I have been fortunate enough to attend an Encounter Group at the University of New South Wales, Reichian Therapy with Lara Amber of the Radix Institute, Gestalt Therapy, Trance Therapy at the Australian National University, Improvisation, and a Clown workshop. And I meditate every day.

I have discovered I am exuberant with a high response to stimulae both internal and external.

I can see why they would say that, as what is "normal" is defined by social standards rather than how the brain is functioning. No one goes through life without being altered in some way by it. Sometimes the symptoms of neurosis are just what is needed to overcome a life obstacle too. So you can't really say there is one way to proper functioning.

Dr Sigmund Freud sought to turn hysterical misery into common unhappiness.

The charlatans, like Carl Jung, promise happiness.

Rather than a neurotic concern with me why not be concerned for yourself by clicking on - Find a Practitioner | Radix

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
This is the popular, New Age view. In fact Dr Sigmund Freud was sane, and Carl Jung was psychotic. This is why Jung discontinued his psychoanalysis with Freud.

Jung had a father fixation with Freud which Freud insisted on analysing but Jung was not prepared to give up. So rather than giving up his father fixation Jung ended his psychoanalysis with Freud, and transferred his father fixation to the Fuhrer during WW II.

Jung is popular with neurotics because he indulges their neurosis, rather than analysing, evaluating, and integrating their neurosis into their daily lives.

When everything is hopeless, take the next step. My first step was to read the books by Wilhelm Reich, the psychoanalyst, leading to my next step of doing Reichian Therapy with Lara Amber of the Radix Institute, New Mexico, and to my surprise discovering my natural exuberance.

To discover Reichian Therapy in the USA, just click on Find a Practitioner | Radix

I appreciate the advice but I don't think I trust anything by a student of Freud, especially one who SO strongly followed in his sexual obsession. I don't think being told that I am hysteric because of my gender will help much.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I appreciate the advice but I don't think I trust anything by a student of Freud, especially one who SO strongly followed in his sexual obsession. I don't think being told that I am hysteric because of my gender will help much.

But don't you want to stop your uterus from wandering around your body?

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
But don't you want to stop your uterus from wandering around your body?

Oh Lord, is that really a belief somewhere?

If it feels like wandering it knows where the door is. :D

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh Lord, is that really a belief somewhere?

If it feels like wandering it knows where the door is. :D

The term hysteria comes from the Greek word hysterika, meaning Uterus. In ancient Greece it was believed that a wandering and discontented Uterus was blamed for that dreaded female ailment of excessive emotion, hysteria. The disease's symptoms were believed to be dictated by where in the body the offending organ roamed. It was not religious belief but a social belief.

The ancient Greek physician Hippocrates was one of the first to identify this disorder. He noticed hysteria was common in women and thought it was caused by a displaced or "wandering uterus". Because there was very little understanding of women's biology the term "Hysteria" was used to describe most of the physical and emotional female illnesses.
web page template

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7

I was aware of the origin of the term "Hysteria" but not about the theory of a "wandering uterus." I wonder what Absurdites has to say about it.

As crazy as it sounds, the theory is not completely gone from today's society or even medical industry. I think we have all heard of how Drs. tend to ignore complaints from women while take those from men very seriously.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If my uterus wandered anywhere, I'd be sure to call an exorcist.

Mole

Permabanned

Both Freud and Einstein were both Jews and opened up new fields in psychology and astro-physics. Both made mistakes - Einstein by rejecting quantum mechanics "God doesn't play dice", and Freud by rejecting his own discovery of child sexual abuse.

Carl Jung on the other hand was Aryan.

'Hysteria' was a medical term of the day. It is no longer used as a medical term.

Mole

Permabanned
If my uterus wandered anywhere, I'd be sure to call an exorcist.

Jesus drove out demons because he believed, along with everyone else of the day, that demons cause physical and mental illness. So it made sense to heal by driving out demons. Today we call that exorcism, and because Jesus exorcised demons, the Vatican keeps a register of exorcists today.

So just as we can call Radix for a trained therapist, we can call the Vatican for a registered exorcist.

Mole

Permabanned
I was aware of the origin of the term "Hysteria" but not about the theory of a "wandering uterus." I wonder what Absurdites has to say about it.

As crazy as it sounds, the theory is not completely gone from today's society or even medical industry. I think we have all heard of how Drs. tend to ignore complaints from women while take those from men very seriously.

8 out of 10 suicides are men.

Women are stronger than men - female babies survive at a higher rate than male babies, women have a stronger immune system than men, and women live longer than men.

Jaguar

This is the popular, New Age view. This is the popular, New Age view. In fact Dr Sigmund Freud was sane, and Carl Jung was psychotic. This is why Jung discontinued his psychoanalysis with Freud. Jung had a father fixation with Freud which Freud insisted on analysing but Jung was not prepared to give up. So rather than giving up his father fixation Jung ended his psychoanalysis with Freud, and transferred his father fixation to the Fuhrer during WW II.

The "new age" view you are referring to was Jung's view, not mine. Clearly, you have not read Jung or your would know that's exactly why he broke off with Siggy. He made it perfectly clear in his writings over the years that the quote I posted was the straw that broke the camel's back with Freud. And who could blame him? Freud was obsessed with his sexual theory and Jung didn't agree with it. Worse still, wanting to make a dogma out of it so no one could dare challenge the theory. In my opinion, that made Freud a self-absorbed zealot.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Don't you have something more modern to be concerned about? Like maybe the fact that you've been privileged to attend therapy when many of us either can't afford $200/hour, or have been rejected from being treated because we didn't try to kill ourselves yet.

That's a living hell that you obviously don't understand.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My Dinner With Mole: Chapter 2981, Why Jung is the Devil Incarnate, MBTI is Destroying the World, and the Catholic Church Sucks

"the site's longest running serial!"

Status
Not open for further replies.