• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Death, Emotion and Success

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Sooo we’ve gone from...,whatever the hell Mole was rabling about to an argument on life after death? I cannot imagine a greater waste of my time on this planet.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Death, Emotions and Success are grate if your job is to build tombstones or any job with somehow connection to graves. :D

Mole

Permabanned
The entrenched remain entrenched, left behind and soon to be forgotten.

The Western Enlightenment has given us the modern world, and the East is imitating us.

Just the other day China landed a Rover on the Moon, in imitation of the West. And imitation is the highest form of flattery.

Mole

Permabanned
Sooo we've gone from...,whatever the hell Mole was rabling about to an argument on life after death? I cannot imagine a greater waste of my time on this planet.

The literate individual is linear, sequential, and logical, and this is what we expect here, but willy-nilly, in this electronic media, we are no longer linear, sequential, and logical, everything is happening all at once, and the best we can do is to perceive patterns.

Fortunately, almost by accident, mbti teaches us to perceive patterns in personality.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
The Western Enlightenment has given us the modern world, and the East is imitating us.

Just the other day China landed a Rover on the Moon, in imitation of the West. And imitation is the highest form of flattery.

I think someone like yourself would realize that the world is round.

Oberon

Permabanned
MBTI Type
*NT*
I belong to a wealthy powerful institution where it is forbidden to talk about death or emotion.

My institution puts major sustained effort into success and in suppressing talk of death and emotion. If we were able to talk about death and emotion, we could double the effort we put into success.

How do you think we could do this?

You don't speak of death to speak of death. Death is ever present. You speaketh of death in silence even, since in death comes the no-sound. Emotion is like water, so nebulous, yet its affects so tangible (drowning). You are drowning all the time in your repressions, as you mentioned, you are seeking a solution, and therefore it is a problem. Therefore, even by not speaking of either, you are mentioning both, intricately, even debating their very tenants at the water hole, where you drink (emotion), and swallow (death). The solution to your problem is to conform. In so much, you speak of all three, the only thing you need is to step outside the box and notice more subtle forms of communication - such as burps and other bodily sounds, or no-sounds.

rav3n

And boom, now you head to racism and white supremacy.

Mole

Permabanned
You don't speak of death to speak of death. Death is ever present. You speaketh of death in silence even, since in death comes the no-sound. Emotion is like water, so nebulous, yet its affects so tangible (drowning). You are drowning all the time in your repressions, as you mentioned, you are seeking a solution, and therefore it is a problem. Therefore, even by not speaking of either, you are mentioning both, intricately, even debating their very tenants at the water hole, where you drink (emotion), and swallow (death). The solution to your problem is to conform. In so much, you speak of all three, the only thing you need is to step outside the box and notice more subtle forms of communication - such as burps and other bodily sounds, or no-sounds.
I am so far from you physically and psychologically, it makes no sense to tell me what to do.

Mole

Permabanned
And boom, now you head to racism and white supremacy.
And boom, you head towards character assassination.

In fact I support liberal democracy and human rights.

Meanwhile, the West is moving East, and the East is moving West.

For instance, China has just landed a Rover on the Moon, and President for Life of China, Xi, follows a Western text called "The History of the Communist Party" by Josef Stalin. While we are moving East and inwards with meditation.

rav3n

And boom, you head towards character assassination.

In fact I support liberal democracy and human rights.

Meanwhile, the West is moving East, and the East is moving West.

For instance, China has just landed a Rover on the Moon, and President for Life of China, Xi, follows a Western text called "The History of the Communist Party" by Josef Stalin. While we are moving East and inwards with meditation.
This wouldn't be the first time you were accused of racism and white supremacy and I'm not the first person who's done so on TypoC. Perhaps a more apt term would be xenophobic, to the nth degree.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A dozen or so posts were removed as off-topic, most nothing but petty bickering. Keep it between the lines, folks.

tommyc

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I belong to a wealthy powerful institution where it is forbidden to talk about death or emotion.

My institution puts major sustained effort into success and in suppressing talk of death and emotion. If we were able to talk about death and emotion, we could double the effort we put into success.

How do you think we could do this?

Material success is incompatible with existential musings on annhilation. They cannot co-exist. Cultures most comfortable with death are Eastern ones, who have little fixation on wealth. Eg Tibet, with its sky burials, where the deceased are left on mountainsides for the birds.