• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Describe your personality without referring to theory

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Whether or not this is my "personality",

I'm a person who is on the lookout for something big. Getting everything lined up so that I can take part in the real game.

I can live the day-to-day, but any indulging in the moment tends to end in some grand philosophical proclamation.

I'm constantly(-ish) trying to figure things out, with a mindset that the truth is simple, but generally overlooked.

I'm deeply conscious of others, and try to do best my them, with a dual mindset that my needs are no more important than others,
But at the same time with a reluctant sense of superiority in viewing myself as "better than most" but not "the best",

I'm anxious and expect bad news to be just around the corner, but with a faith that the ending will be a good one.

I'm just like anyone else, but different than most, and I have a dream that this will all become a dream...

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Inner world:
What makes you the most happy and most sad in life? What effects you the most with any response?

I don't know anymore, honestly. I've realized I embellish things emotionally, in either direction. This is a mostly internal process but it holds me back from living the life I should be living. I am very focused on that which is unsatisfying, mostly in love, career, and life progress, but also in other areas like health, attractiveness, and social situation (isolation). Lately I have found pleasure in hiking alone in the woods, although it is still very difficult (nearly impossible) for me to exist outside of my head in a way that is truly connected to the external world.

What is your inner world like when you are alone? What do you think about or do?
I think mostly about myself, honestly. I am preoccupied with discovering who I am, but in a way that is comparable to writing my own story, sometimes quite literally. I spend a fair amount of time thinking about disappointments of the past, sometimes with a longing, sometimes in a way that puts all the blame on me. I often envision my ideal future. I also imagine a lot of conversations or situations that never happen, or write in my head (I frequently construct blog posts that never manifest in reality). I basically think aloud in my head (as in I am imagining an audience in my head, as it seems to help me process my thoughts and feelings). Sometimes I am thinking of more intellectual subjects, turning concepts over in my head, and other times I am thinking about the future and what I might do to reshape it or recreate/find myself.

What do you hold as most important to you personally?
Love and a vision of the future I want. Growth, which I am easily seduced away from.

What kinds of things imprint on you the most strongly from childhood? Memories, emotions, experiences, details, moments of realization, anything...
I have an abnormally damaged memory, so specifics are near impossible. I don't remember my mom saying "I love you", although she may have. I don't remember vacations or physical affection. I remember being embarrassed of who I was and where I came from and not wanting others to know, and going to great lengths to hide that as I grew older (like stealing clothes to look less low class and not allowing friends inside my home). I remember being aware at a very young age that my cognitive makeup was odd and that I seemed to operate on a higher/different wavelength than others, and that I could see myself one day precariously balancing on the edge of insanity because of this weird level of... awareness? Analysis? Something like that.

What kinds of information do you most easily remember? Is it details about the concrete environments, social interactions, intellectual ideas, your innermost feelings and world?
I remember things that people say that give me insight into who they are on a deeper level, and I am able to string together disparate insights into a grander picture of their internal wounds and struggles. Sometimes I am able to remember for years what someone said word for word because of such an insight/impact. Sometimes it's what people don't say that leaves a mark. I remember obscure interesting facts which are oftentimes rather useless. I remember some moments when I was young and made an adult-level decision based on my inner moral compass.

What kinds of subjects or ideas fascinate you the most and hold your attention?
Personality theory, psychology, disease, mental illness, stories of great pain and endurance, random nerdy things (I'm obsessed with mushrooms and foraging right now), photography (especially of the human form or darker side of humanness, or even deformities/scars), design/aesthetics (am also obsessed with mid-century design), expressive writing, foodie stuff, strange travels, trees

Environment
How do you engage with the outside world? What do you do or think about when you are outside yourself?
I am rarely directly tethered to the external world. It is very difficult for me to get out of my head/feels. I am mostly disinterested in what is actually going on around me and only tune in when my attention is piqued or I decide to stir shit up. I can't answer the second question because I do not think I do that.

What kinds of environments give you energy and inspiration? Where do you like to spend your time?
The forest. But usually I just sit where I am not at my best and lament about not being at my best.

How do you relate to change or stability in the external world? Which do you prefer?
I prefer stability with frequent bouts of little or intimate change. Every time I return home, I am overcome with satisfaction when I walk through the door. Inevitably though, I succumb to cabin fever and have to leave yet again, even if only for an hour to do some window shopping or driving with music. I am bored to tears by the monotony of my job and crave less structure and more creative freedom and room to problem solve.

Relationships:
What are your general, social relationships like? Do you form many, few, are the bonds strong, weak? Do these make you generally happy or sad?
I form mostly relatively shallow human connections, although I do frequently reveal tidbits of my deeper bits, sometimes only to see how others react (like a sick game I play). I have many shallow connections, some valuable mid-level, and no truly intimate connections right now (that would require face-to-face interaction, which is completely missing). Ideally I would have a lover, and one good, very close friend whom I spend time with here and there. My social needs are low, my emotional needs higher, and my personal entertainment needs highest.

What are your most intimate relationships like? If you could describe an ideal intimate relationship, what would it be?
I want to melt into my partner. I want him to be an occasional holding place for what I carry around all the time. I want to be accepted for all of my hideousness and appreciated for the beauty that sometimes comes with that. I want to laugh, to make love, to fuck, to eat, to pass out on the couch, to watch movies, to drink, to caress, to sing, to be playful, to be mischevous, to drive in the rain, to hike, to challenge each other, to lie in bed in the dark and share, to eat again, to have sex again, to travel, to explore, to live, to create, to have sex again.

What do you require [edit: "require" is a poor word choice you can insert a synonym that works better] of other people when they interact with you? What lines do you consider deal-breakers when crossed?
I require people to not require too much of me.

Miscellaneous:
In what situations are you most flexible? In what situations are you the most rigid or inflexible? What kinds of things are you particular about and what kinds of things don't matter much?
I am flexible when people respect my inflexible boundaries. I am inflexible ethically. I don't do what I don't want to do. I don't really care what you want to do as long as it isn't heinous because that's your thing.

What other ways would you describe yourself?
I've tried on many hats but I think I try too hard to describe myself sometimes, so it doesn't really matter what I say.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Inner world:
What makes you the most happy and most sad in life? What effects you the most with any response?

What makes me happy is hmmm feeling at peace in life, having a good time in general and feeling good about myself as a person :D. Feeling sad hmmmm I feel sad when I feel lonely, bored with life, dead inside stuff like that.

What is your inner world like when you are alone? What do you think about or do?

Hmmmm my inner world is full of what I want for the future, how I feel at that moment, dreamy scapes :D and hmmmm it’s a comfy place. I also do a lot of thinking as well on carious things but my inner head scape is pretty diverse so its hard to pin down.

Kindness, being good, having a good time, exploring all manner of things and making the world a better place overall for both wider society and loved ones.

What kinds of things imprint on you the most strongly from childhood? Memories, emotions, experiences, details, moments of realization, anything...

I don’t have much memory as such I tend to prefer to look to the future but hmmm I do like a few shows I watched as a small child and I liked reading a lot of cute books but apart from that I don’t look to the past much. I also loved video games I used to play as a kid :D.

What kinds of information do you most easily remember? Is it details about the concrete environments, social interactions, intellectual ideas, your innermost feelings and world?

Hmmm I tend to remember mostly ideas and thoughts and feelings but I find it hard to answer this for some reason :D.

A lotta things lol :D. Typology, science, what if questions, books, video games, I like more fun and abstract stuff overall though I am open to many things.

Environment
How do you engage with the outside world? What do you do or think about when you are outside yourself?

I tend to engage with the outside world in as positive and as constructive as I can. I tend to see outside myself hmmm a world full of things to do like there’s so much good things out there.

What kinds of environments give you energy and inspiration? Where do you like to spend your time?

I get energy mostly from being with people I love and discussing fun ideas and having deep convos. I get energy wherever I go as long as I am having fun there :).

Relationships:
What are your general, social relationships like? Do you form many, few, are the bonds strong, weak? Do these make you generally happy or sad?

I tend to prefer to hmmm mixed really I like to have a fair few solid friends but a few very intimate friendships and the bonds are pretty strong :D. They make me very happy generally.

What are your most intimate relationships like? If you could describe an ideal intimate relationship, what would it be?

My ideal relationship is a playmate fun relationship like we would be playmates and just enjoy life together. We would also have to have a intectuall connection like we have to be on the same wavelength mentally and stuff.

What do you require [edit: "require" is a poor word choice you can insert a synonym that works better] of other people when they interact with you? What lines do you consider deal-breakers when crossed?

I am pretty easy going but a deal breaker you really have to push me to deal break like abusing me or someone I love, being extremely cruel and hurtful and that’s the only real things that I will consider that person dead to me and even then I can forgive if they show genuine desire to change their ways. I don’t really expect anything of others only that they are respectful and aren’t being mean to me :D.

Miscellaneous:
In what situations are you most flexible? In what situations are you the most rigid or inflexible? What kinds of things are you particular about and what kinds of things don't matter much?

Hmmm I am more rigid with family I would say overall as they do tend to invade my boundaries but generally, I am a pretty flexible person overall. Hmmm I am fussy about mostly hmmm what is fun and what isn’t but beyond that not much.

Id say I am a fun, laid back, peaceful, creative, moody, flexible person and I see myself as hmmm I am a chameleon like I tend to merge with others.

skimpit

Inner world:

In life, what makes me most happy is achieving something concrete. I love to be able to speak languages fluently, for instance -- and not only fluently, but with no or few mistakes. And I can't help but wonder what these languages could do for me aside for making me seem cool or give me a high from practicing and achieving little goals. What could speaking Arabic lead to? "A whole new world~"

As for what makes me sad, I'd say not being able to keep up with others intellectually. I'm constantly wanting to fight an intellectual battle with others. I want to know, know, know and wield that knowledge to do good, to do better than them. I'm sad if I can't make sense of things and solve problems. I'm sad if I can't be independent.

It's very boring, not very different from when I'm with others. I'm constantly doing something because I don't like to just sit there. So I'll watch videos, or listen to music. If I get inspiration it's like a bolt from the blue and I treat it like the gift it is. And in my alone time, I work to hone it and turn it into a wave of mania.

Probably objects. I'm not a person who values feelings or beliefs much. I've had to work myself into someone who thinks critically. So if I do value something intangible and abstract, it's the ability to think like a razor.

What kinds of things have imprinted on you the most strongly from childhood? Memories, emotions, experiences, details, moments of realization, anything...
Experiences of shame, and surreal journeys through my mind and space.

What kinds of information do you most easily remember? Is it details about concrete environments, social interactions, intellectual ideas, your innermost feelings and world?
I would remember innermost feelings, concrete environments, and intellectual ideas in that order.

I like art and the humanities. But certain sciences hold my attention, too.

Environment

I honestly don't know how I engage with the outside world. I don't tend to care...

I just like to be at home, or maybe in a library or modern building.

How do you relate to change or stability in the external world? Which do you prefer?
Consistency.

Relationships:

I can make acquaintances pretty easily but I tend to stay close to a select few and learn their patterns.

I decline to answer.

If they pretend to be nice, but have an undercut of "I hate you." Like, "I'll see you later" but say it with derision or a joking manner. Any time people try to pick on me, I get pissed. I may be little, but I fight.

Miscellaneous:

I'm particular about my appearance, my choice of words. I don't know what I'm not particular about, as I'm usually uptight about everything.

Blah... and generally... blah.

Permabanned

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Inner world:

Happy: Traveling, fancy foods, cute animals, board and video games, good movies, little things like art or peaceful weather
Sad: Failure, ruts, feeling average, feeling unappreciated, arguing

I introspect, figure out who I am and how I fit into the world. Also food, relationships, my favorite shows, and random dreams of the future.

My passions and finding them, exploring, my friends and pets, my well being and peace

Mostly my passions and what life was like in those years. Childhood shows, favorite childhood video games, my fangirl moments. It wasn't the best-the arguing at home was also a big imprint-but I'm very nostalgic.

It's hard to pick, I have a notoriously good memory. I can remember lots of restaurant orders, lots of conservations, my 5th grade locker combination, how most rooms look, how I couldn't find my light switch when I was 3. Lots of stuff.

Typology and other psychology, food/cooking, history and other cultures, science(like astronomy and medical shows)

Environment:

I am not very talkative but I curiously observe, see what everyone is up to. I try to appreciate the beauty of what is around me.

My own world, like when putting on headphones and dancing. Places where I can be alone. Malls, bookstores, museums, quaint cafes, arcades, in nature, and at the fair.

I like a balance. Like I have trouble with moving on and stuff, like with moving and relationships. A bit of routine is comforting, but variety is the spice of life and I usually enjoy new things

Relationships:

Bleh. I get along with most people I meet, but I am not very good at friending. Most of my friends are from the internet. I generally have a bunch of friendly acquaintances but only a couple good friends. It's rather annoying but meh. I think having 2-3 close friends is good and that is what makes me happiest.

That's a rarity. My most intimate ones I basically merge to the person and they mean the world to me. An ideal one would be one where I simply enjoy fun activities with the person, enjoy laughs and hugs, and we can tell each other our problems without judging each other.

Just be chill and not an obnoxious rude jerk. Be kind, have a good sense of humor and don't get too overbearing or loud.

Miscellaneous:

I am so flexible though. Least unflexible, I guess boundaries. I'm kinda private and open at time. Like I enjoy telling life stories but I am generally private with feelings and some personal stuff(I try do deal with most things on my own). Also, people being too touchy.

Quiet, easygoing, simultaneously brave and anxious, insecure, lazy yet ambitious, creative, a goofball

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Happy : Having a healthy daily routine (wahou I used to reject this word now I do love it), having time to think, relax, be, be in relation with the world.
Happiness is a state of mind.
Sad: Have to take some no return decisions in case of betrayal, rejection. But I have no choice. More generally (but I feel much more detached now) : Misunderstanding, egotism, criticism.

Inner world :
I used to write poetries and other stuffs/ Now I try to develop other values to have more ambition and I become more precise, less abstract.
My inner world is important, it is like a luggage I carry outside and open it when I want on the road.

Freedom. Inner Peace. My pets and friends. A strong sense of resilience every day (where I had been and where I am today).

Loneliness.....................................

Psychology
Cats
Spirituality
Nature
Languages

Environment:

I stay grounded and connected to my surrounding and how I feel in the present.

The sea, my home, quiet places with eventually some music (no loud music or crowds), Train stations and airports, bookshops. On stage. Backstage.

Apart from having problem remaining into a relationship (typical 7 problem even if I have been evolving a lot and if I can now deal with a bit of frustration)
I can decide to change things very easily. Once determine nothing or no one will stop me. Sometimes we must renew energies, it is really helpful.

Relationships:

Can be distant and warm. They are what they are.... I used to be very intense, but people didn't give me as much positive energy. Now I see myself more remote and I observe a lot, I chose the situations I wanna be in.
With my heart not only with my head.

Highly idealist , so careful not to be disappointed. I must feel in control of my own projections........

Direct. Authentic. Open. That's all. But if I don't feel the vibe of these ingredients.....

When I practice yoga :unsure:

Open, hard-to-please, critical sense, determined, creative, independant, stubborn, Friendly, temperamental, Big-hearted, individualist, idealist, rebellious, authentic, proud, intellectual, human, elegant, Secretive, Hard-to-live-with. Complex.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
How would you describe your personality without referring to MBTI, Enneagram, etc.?

I think much of this will be a bit miserable, because I'm on a downswing at the moment. And if you can tolerate it, please read the whole of this before replying to the one part you got to that annoyed or offended you.

Cynical and hopeful in equal measure. Uncompromisingly inconsistent and filled with the worst qualities of humanity. Self-loathing and intensely lacking in the kind of confidence that can only be described as 'useful ignorance'..as in..I lack that. But oddly sentimental, easily influenced and essentially one of life's bit-players.

I'm a side character in an episode of Law & Order, for a pop-culture reference. I appear, explain a bit of expository dialogue and then am killed off, or vanish forever. Frightened of being the worst, so attempts to understand and curtail those "in the moment" blow-outs.
In every sense I am fighting against what comes naturally to me, because it never helped me growing up and was no way forward. I still have the same emotions but I have to spend time suppressing them as much as possible in order to function normally.
On the other side I make for good, superficial company as I only talk about the real stuff here. Generally I'm affable, talkative (to a fault) and unthreatening. I occasionally upset people when that real stuff comes out, because no one is really strong enough to handle it.
I don't like conflict, though I don't shy away either. But I can't stop that it causes nightmares in my sleep and nausea in my waking hours.

Inner world:

I don't think there is such a thing as an inner world. I think that's something we try to rationalise out of our emotions in order to justify the misery of our actual lives.

I'm mostly sad that so much of conscious experience is like sticking your head above the sea, with your face still in the water, and pretending you can breath. That for all our blind cheerfulness over our achievements, we still stay locked in a limited nature. As long as we are comfortable, individually, we don't give a fuck about anybody else. And not just materialistic or physical comfort, emotional and psychological too. Morality and ethics are often very conditional.

I'm almost never happy. I experience joy and can get lost in a moment once in a while, but happiness is something that people have turned into an acquisition. I suppose I like painting my miniatures, the movement of a brush in precise motion allows me to forget everything else and experience the true power of ignorance. Ignorance is hugely important by the way, people always attach it to conscious, civilised issues of social concern and become disgusted by other's lack of knowledge. But on an individual & psychological level, it's vitally important for the delusional well-being of the individual. Every time you are happy, it's because you've forgotten (for a brief moment), what normally concerns your thoughts and generally makes you unhappy. I enjoy happiness with friends, doing like-minded tasks and activities. I like lunches and get-togethers, though not too many people please...15 maximum if possible.

I have a huge difficulty with being open about how I feel, though I am falsely expressive person and so my reaction to what effects me most is hard to gauge. I might say nothing, or I might attack the person.
Generally I dislike misrepresentation, being misunderstood even when I've explained in great detail and precision what I mean and distorted perceptions. Like how I've worked in jobs where the dunning-kruger effect and the peter principal met in an unholy match of horrific delusion, with people who thought they worked incredibly hard even when it was objectively measured and proven that they didn't, while simultaneously trying to throw people like me in front of the steam-roller.

No such thing.

I think about anything that happens to hold my attention, though there are some patterns. I think about my failings a lot and how to correct them, I think about how to influence people to understand themselves better when it comes to their flaws and problems. I think about neurology. I endlessly repeat situations as a simulation against future issues.

I largely eat, paint and do college work.

That I do the least harm I can manage in my life and leave without causing too much trauma to others. Not least because I know I cannot expect most others to do the same. Most people just indulge their worst behaviours and justify it with how it feels and then create elaborate mental constructs they can hide from themselves in < there's your inner world for you.

Constantly being upset. Being hit a lot. Being shouted at a lot. Having stuff taken off me if I even made one small mistake. No patience, no understanding, no insight.....just different kinds of people constantly trying to control and manipulate me in different ways.
That and poor health conditions, never being invited over. Asthma and epilepsy & constant visits to hospitals. Being unable to control my bladder when asleep due to nocturnal-seizures, creating a barrier of intimacy between me and others. Being hated at school. Being bullied and then being punished for brutally beating said bullies when I snapped. Isolation, loneliness, exclusion.

Complete lack of support for any interest or idea, or activity I enjoyed doing. I was always 'supposed' to enjoy something others wanted me to. There are other posts of mine on here about personal epiphany.

I remember certain intellectual ideas. I remember a LOT of poor social encounters and the emotions involved (though I do try to suppress it). I'm very poor at remembering facts and details.

Whew..quite a few ideas and subjects. I have a layman's interest in a few subjects, most notably neurology, because I'm interested in why and how people function and how they get to be the person they are. It's what drew me to personality systems...even if they were disappointingly inadequate for any real insight.

I'm fascinated by the paradoxes and contradictions in people's natures. How people say and do different things without ever noticing how little their opinion of themselves matches up. The shallow ego-games people play to convince themselves of their own self-righteousness and arrogance.

Having said that...I acknowledge some of this is influenced by the way I feel. So I will level it out by my fascination with both the quick-change of sudden understandings and how a person can shift. And my interest in what I call the 'shift' to reality. And what I mean is how our biological framing of reality and it's input creates a useful facsimile of truth. Useful for our purposes, but limited. Probably the best we have, but painfully, eternally unrealised.

And the shift is between different states of being. A balancing act of degrees in existence, like having several different kinds of people on a team that balance each other out...not perfectly, but well enough to function without falling to pieces. Of course down the line states of mind shift and the team will fall apart, self-destructing, only to be reformed anew elsewhere. I think the universe undergoes this process all the time and we reflect this in our nature, which is why history keeps repeating and our memories are so short.
When the shift is too slanted, things fall apart. And this goes for the small, minute individual problems as well. Not every issue has to be talked out or spoken for a resolution to appear, often people can work things out for themselves and it is the nuanced, subtle and unseen processes that create that kind of understanding, not blunt force trauma.

It's also why our altruisms and cynicisms are generally incorrect if not entirely false. They are correct in the degrees of their truth, just not in the totality. That's why, for example, there are conspiracies and skeletons in every government closet...and blood...lots of blood. But if you were to be present at the time and get to the heart of it, you would realise that its generally just a bunch of people scrabbling to stay relevant or riding the wave of their own proselytising demagoguery. It's also why people can do unexpectedly kind things to one another.

It's an insane existence and it's ours.

Environment

No-one is ever outside themselves, that's not the purview of our consciousness. I'm cordial and friendly, though I can turn snarky and passive-aggressive if you really annoy me. However I'm working on just being aggressive and up front instead.

Home, by myself, ideally painting a miniature, reading a book or listening to music. Everything else is a frightening experience.

I prefer stability of my best emotional states, for obvious reasons. But I desire change in my worst ones. Same applies to my surrounding environment.

I think that's what everyone really wants, deep down.

Relationships:

Mine are superficial, extensive but not something I keep up with so I lose a lot of friends. So weak bonds and these make me temporarily happy.

I've covered this in a lot of detail in other threads here, but I'm essentially in the paradox of desiring intimacy but not knowing how to obtain it. Not to mention I'm terrified of other people and their invisible motivations.

An ideal relationship? I've got no idea because I don't trust ideals and I don't think you should ever expect something like that. Idealistic thinking is essentially the ultimate arrogance of our species, to think we deserve or expect perfection from the world is just nonsense and completely unfair. I mean...do you expect an ideal of yourself in relation to others? And if so how often do you really uphold it?

I think most people are so wrapped up in themselves that they can't even fathom this contradiction, they just get defensive instead.

No idea until I encounter them. Social dynamics are far too complex and changing for this to ever be a useful series of questions, sorry. It's not something I've ever considered.

I will say that people seem infinitely creative in the department of what I find abhorrent about them.

Miscellaneous:

I'm always inflexible, but I maintain a conscious suppression of this urge in order to appear flexible and learn what that means.

This is another one I don't think about too much beyond what I've said above in this post. So there are lots of things I am particular about, but they are nebulous and relate to hidden aspects of people's natures. Because the problem is that you have to sift through what people mean, what they think they mean, what their unconscious is influencing them to mean and the medium of that communication.

Ethically I hold my values close to my chest and don't feel the need to discuss them here. Just know, you will see them in action in any real situation of import, but I think claiming to act at some point cheapens the act itself.

I'm too exhausted to put anything else right now, maybe I'll come back if I feel better later.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Inner world:

-What makes you the most happy and most sad in life? What effects you the most with any response?
I don't know that I've ever really been "the most happy". I feel like that's an area that has yet to be discovered in myself, but it's coming.
But as for general feel goodness, I have really enjoyed sitting at the beach while listening to the waves crash or in the middle of the woods with a light breeze. I feel one with my creator in those situations.
Most sad would be when I don't feel heard or I feel abandoned.

-What is your inner world like when you are alone? What do you think about or do?
My inner world has changed with age. I use to fantasize a lot about being an entertainer or meeting cute boys :)doh:), but my inner world is a bit more quiet. I do enjoy sitting next to the stream in the middle of a grassy wood and just expressing what I'm afraid of, what I'm thankful for, or anything else pressing in my mind.

-What do you hold as most important to you personally?
My faith. It's gotten me through some deep, dark shit and it encourages me to constantly be a better person. It's a safe place for growth.

-What kinds of things imprint on you the most strongly from childhood? Memories, emotions, experiences, details, moments of realization, anything...
Definitely emotions. If I can link back to the emotion, it's easier for me to see the memory.

-What kinds of information do you most easily remember? Is it details about the concrete environments, social interactions, intellectual ideas, your innermost feelings and world?
Interactions and feelings. I may not remember what your name is or what you're wearing, but I can remember what we talked about. :)

-What kinds of subjects or ideas fascinate you the most and hold your attention?
Symbology is so fucking interesting and the knowledge never really ends. In my subsection of my belief system, we believe in spiritual gifts. I'm actually really fascinated by this and enjoy reading about them and how they manifest in people.

Environment

-How do you engage with the outside world? What do you do or think about when you are outside yourself?
I know I spend too much time thinking about myself. How do I look? Am I coming across awkwardly? Was that actually funny? Did I just make them uncomfortable with my joke?
I'm constantly fighting between being comfortable in my skin (with all that entails) and making sure that I'm making others feel comfortable in my presence. I really just need to focus on listening to others and engaging with them instead of constantly knit picking my issues.

-What kinds of environments give you energy and inspiration? Where do you like to spend your time?
Alone. To a very unhealthy point. I struggle with wanting to leave the house, but I do know that when I just chill outside in nature that it's a good place for me to get my creative juices flowing again.

-How do you relate to change or stability in the external world? Which do you prefer?
I do enjoy stability, but I'm not freaked out by change. I experience a lot of changes constantly (just moved for the 20th time), so I'm used to it.

Relationships:

-What are your general, social relationships like? Do you form many, few, are the bonds strong, weak? Do these make you generally happy or sad?
I really struggle with large groups of people. 3-4 close friends is where I feel comfortable to just be myself. I don't have many relationships, but the ones I do have are very close. I prefer knowing the people around me are on my team and I'm on theirs.

-What are your most intimate relationships like? If you could describe an ideal intimate relationship, what would it be?
We can get to the knitty gritty of ourselves with each other. We're there for each other in the darkest shit and we lift each other up. We can get angry, cry, be honest about hurts, but also dream together and rejoice for each others victories. When there's great news, we're the first to go out and celebrate each other. It's safe to admit our "brokenness" and it's a place where we get to encourage each other to grow into our best selves.

-What do you require [edit: "require" is a poor word choice you can insert a synonym that works better] of other people when they interact with you? What lines do you consider deal-breakers when crossed?
If I don't know you very well and you make fun of my feelings or try to tell me what to do, I ain't about that. I interact well with others who can express themselves however they want, but aren't trying to dominate the people around them or make others feel stupid.

Miscellaneous:

-In what situations are you most flexible? In what situations are you the most rigid or inflexible? What kinds of things are you particular about and what kinds of things don't matter much?
I'm the most flexible when I feel like I've done something wrong (even if I didn't) and I'm trying to make the other person happy again. It's to an unhealthy level. I've offered up my whole paycheck to my boss without thinking because he claimed I lost the company money and I was afraid of the conflict. Ended up being his own mistake and they didn't lose any money.

I'm most inflexible when I'm fixated on something. Like, if I got my hopes up for something and it doesn't happen, it wrecks me a bit if I'm not healthy. Last Christmas season I was fixated on the fact that my husband and I were going to put up the tree and decorate it. He ended up feeling tired and wanted to go to bed, but I could not NOT decorate that damn tree. I was a brat and decided to decorate it by myself with a foul attitude and it hurt my husband because he wanted to do it with me.

-What other ways would you describe yourself?
Dark humored, independent, fearful, struggle with criticism, want to be seen as intelligent and funny.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Inner world:

Aesthetic Beauty makes me happy. Needless Destruction makes me sad. My sense of freedom effects me the most with any response.

Misty. Filled with ferns and the sounds of the wilderness, sensual whisperings all around. Mostly I think about being with others somewhere pretty. I do things to either make that happen, or distract myself, when it can't.

I think, having a sense of community while being free to explore experiences.

Phsycial sensations and details. Terror. Having to hunt because I was always hunted. Learning to laugh rather than cry; hiding the truth for the sake of survival. Looking for Faeries, talking to animals, being kept from socializing with humans.

What kinds of information do you most easily remember? Is it details about the concrete environments, social interactions, intellectual ideas, your innermost feelings and world? concrete environment, social interactions, story concepts.

Erotic,sensual aesthetics and art. I enjoy the occult; the exotic, humanities.

Environment

I'm in it. It's literally all around me and I'm in the middle of the space I occupy, I am adrift in the sea of people and environmental conditions around me. Mostly I think about how I fit socially in the world around me.

The beach, the forest, farms, rolling hills, places with candle light, neon, friendly confines with a relaxed permissive social vibe.

I like both. It really depends on the kind of change vs stability. I want fun first. change toward fun is always welcome, stability towards fun is also welcome.

Relationships:

I form many, but and the bonds are rarely as strong as I'd like, and that makes me feel bittersweet in general.

Sexual, scintillating, expansive. close friends with benefits is pretty ideal for me realistically; I'm polyamorous and that can be too complicated for many.:shrug:

Sense of adventure. a certain gentleness, even if its only expressed in private. A form of drive for exploration and tendency towards being social. Manners.

Miscellaneous:
Survival situations, I'm super flexible. Social situations, I'm pretty flexible. Aesthetics, I'm a bit of a loony. The sound of cubed ice in a plastic mug is discordant. Punny menu items are not spoken by this little black duck. I'd sooner summon Nyarlanthotep than order Moons over My H@mmy. :no: But I'm pretty sure that's just a bit I've found entertains enough people, so it's more a humorous rant than anything solid. tbh I try to be flexible about pretty much everything. ime flexiblty keeps you alive and living well.

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram

Asshole. Prick. Dick. Jerk. And did I mention Asshole?

Jaguar

I read two from the forum members I was interested in learning more about.

- - - Updated - - -

(This was one of them- both were highly disappointing)

If you don't want the truth, go read someone else's post.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Did you look in the mirror?

Let me take a stab at the OP, show you how it's done old man- then maybe afterwards you can redeem your inadequate one word response with something more impressive.

How would you describe your personality without referring to MBTI, Enneagram, etc.?

Inner world:

My inner world is calm and structured. I remember the shapes of the way things move in a subconscious way, and various single-frame snap shots of emotionally tied moments. One of my favorite childhood memories is walking near a swampy ditch down a shady broken road with my great grandmother- everything smells like cat tails and mint leaves. I'm fascinated by the ironic, the counter intuitive, and the beautiful.

Environment

I move swiftly, and with confidence. I idle at taking a conscientious responsibility for my immediate environment at all times, and enjoy making little neglected things right or better for no other reason than I can. Comfortable indoors alone or in very large crowds, comfortable outdoors anywhere. I enjoy change in the external world, though I also enjoy crafting stability out of that change.

Relationships:

I have an official BFF (we met in 7th grade when we both forgot our bathing suits for tuesday swim and were benched together), and a woman that I am in love with. Intimacy is combat that does the opposite of hurt- they challenge you to do things that they respect your capability of doing (and they know you well enough to know the difference), and they welcome you to challenge them back.

Miscellaneous:

I'm an originality snob, and I have rigid standards that I will not Ti-dom budge on. Certain behavioral characteristics annoy me (separate from the individual using them, who I typically consider a victim of culture). In person, I am very flexible about what I am doing or wearing, but I am absolutely incapable of being told what to think.

Generally speaking, I am an emotionally grounded and unique cat- both high energy and laid back, motivated by sex, love, and making the world at least a slightly better place every day one day at a time.