User Tag List

12 Last

Default Emotionally Crippled

We do find it almost impossible to criticise those on whom we are dependent such as our parents. This is called 'repression' where we put negative feelings out of our conscious mind, and this cripples us emotionally.

Carl Jung, Mrs Briggs and Mrs Myers, and mbti, take the role of our parents. And because we are dependent, we find it difficult to critique them, and it cripples us emotionally.

Socionics
    SEE Se

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    We do find it almost impossible to criticise those on whom we are dependent such as our parents. This is called 'repression' where we put negative feelings out of our conscious mind, and this cripples us emotionally.
    Perish the thought. Repression is an involuntary, unconscious reaction. As such, repression is what sustains us in our interactions, so that we don't fall victim to negative feedback. What may cripple us emotionally is the encounter with repressed thought, which is what we are putting at risk by diving deep within ourselves.

Carl Jung, Mrs Briggs and Mrs Myers, and mbti, take the role of our parents. And because we are dependent, we find it difficult to critique them, and it cripples us emotionally.
    You've got it all mixed up, fam. Jung is a rebel. And we who open our thoughts and minds to perspectives that run counter to tradition will actively undermine the authoritarian imprimatur of our upbringing--be it parental, social, or cultural in nature.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by raskol View Post
    Jung is a rebel.
    Rebel against the rebel and be a double rebel!
    Likes raskol liked this post

Speak for yourself. When I was a dependent of my parents, I criticized them all the time.

No, Jung, Myers and Briggs aren't perceived as parent figures for me personally. They were at one time, trail blazers in the field of psychology. Psychology has outgrown them so you could say that they were ancestral figures to psychoanalytics which has fallen out of favor.
    Likes The Tsarevich liked this post

Socionics
    SEE Se

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Rebel against the rebel and be a double rebel!
    As long as you don't repeat the follies of yesteryear, it's all good.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

TypoC members are plenty willing to criticize their parents. Just check out the What parenting style were you parenting with thread. I don't think that's the exact title of the thread. It might be under quizzes. Anyways, they bash their parents here. Maybe TypoC attracts the type of people who are upset with their parents. I don't really know.
    Likes The Tsarevich liked this post

Carl Jung freely chose to take his orders from the convicted war criminal, Reichmarshal Hermann Goering.

And the USA chose not to prosecute some war criminals such as Ezra Pound and Hirohito, for political and social reasons. And the USA chose not to prosecute Carl Jung as a war criminal.

So we do have to wonder why we are attracted to an alleged war criminal such as Carl Jung.

Is it because we are emotionally crippled?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp

more like so long as someone's usefulness outweighs their sins, they then will be allowed free.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None

Quote Originally Posted by Snow as White View Post
    more like so long as someone's usefulness outweighs their sins, they then will be allowed free.
    Ha, yes. This explains my own perspective well. I've never had any trouble criticizing them...to a healthy extent, I think. I am not like some teen who constantly rags on how awful their parents are. Mine are simply very flawed people who had yet to get over their own familial issues. They were not-and still aren't-ready to be parents.
    " Do something, even if it's wrong."

" I don't wanna have to but I will, if that's what I'm supposed to do
    We don't wanna set up for the kill, but that's what I'm 'bout to do."

Can't be satisfied. Peter Deadpan's Avatar

I'm willing to bet that some of the musicians you listen to had sex with young girls back in your day, yet I doubt you actively and publicly boycott them.
    Perpetual mood

“Sometimes I think I have felt everything I'm ever gonna feel.
    And from here on out, I'm not gonna feel anything new.
    Just lesser versions of what I've already felt.”

- look it up yourself

Likes Snow as White liked this post