• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Emotionally Crippled

Mole

Permabanned
We do find it almost impossible to criticise those on whom we are dependent such as our parents. This is called 'repression' where we put negative feelings out of our conscious mind, and this cripples us emotionally.

Carl Jung, Mrs Briggs and Mrs Myers, and mbti, take the role of our parents. And because we are dependent, we find it difficult to critique them, and it cripples us emotionally.

raskol

We do find it almost impossible to criticise those on whom we are dependent such as our parents. This is called 'repression' where we put negative feelings out of our conscious mind, and this cripples us emotionally.
Perish the thought. Repression is an involuntary, unconscious reaction. As such, repression is what sustains us in our interactions, so that we don't fall victim to negative feedback. What may cripple us emotionally is the encounter with repressed thought, which is what we are putting at risk by diving deep within ourselves.

Carl Jung, Mrs Briggs and Mrs Myers, and mbti, take the role of our parents. And because we are dependent, we find it difficult to critique them, and it cripples us emotionally.
You've got it all mixed up, fam. Jung is a rebel. And we who open our thoughts and minds to perspectives that run counter to tradition will actively undermine the authoritarian imprimatur of our upbringing--be it parental, social, or cultural in nature.

rav3n

Speak for yourself. When I was a dependent of my parents, I criticized them all the time.

No, Jung, Myers and Briggs aren't perceived as parent figures for me personally. They were at one time, trail blazers in the field of psychology. Psychology has outgrown them so you could say that they were ancestral figures to psychoanalytics which has fallen out of favor.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
TypoC members are plenty willing to criticize their parents. Just check out the What parenting style were you parenting with thread. I don't think that's the exact title of the thread. It might be under quizzes. Anyways, they bash their parents here. Maybe TypoC attracts the type of people who are upset with their parents. I don't really know.

Mole

Permabanned
Carl Jung freely chose to take his orders from the convicted war criminal, Reichmarshal Hermann Goering.

And the USA chose not to prosecute some war criminals such as Ezra Pound and Hirohito, for political and social reasons. And the USA chose not to prosecute Carl Jung as a war criminal.

So we do have to wonder why we are attracted to an alleged war criminal such as Carl Jung.

Is it because we are emotionally crippled?

Snow as White

ƃuıǝǝs | seeing
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
more like so long as someone's usefulness outweighs their sins, they then will be allowed free.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
more like so long as someone's usefulness outweighs their sins, they then will be allowed free.

Ha, yes. This explains my own perspective well. I've never had any trouble criticizing them...to a healthy extent, I think. I am not like some teen who constantly rags on how awful their parents are. Mine are simply very flawed people who had yet to get over their own familial issues. They were not-and still aren't-ready to be parents.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I'm willing to bet that some of the musicians you listen to had sex with young girls back in your day, yet I doubt you actively and publicly boycott them.

Mole

Permabanned
I'm willing to bet that some of the musicians you listen to had sex with young girls back in your day, yet I doubt you actively and publicly boycott them.

You lose yor bet as I am not a fan of popular music or popular musicians. I regard American popular culture with horror. I am a cultivated Greek among vulgar Romans.

raskol

Carl Jung freely chose to take his orders from the convicted war criminal, Reichmarshal Hermann Goering.
Based!

And the USA chose not to prosecute some war criminals such as Ezra Pound and Hirohito, for political and social reasons. And the USA chose not to prosecute Carl Jung as a war criminal.
I wonder why it is that scientists and high-ranking officials, such as Wernher von Braun or Werner Heisenberg, have unscathed reputations, while creatives like Ezra Pound or Louis-Ferdinand Céline must be universally condemned into posterity.

So we do have to wonder why we are attracted to an alleged war criminal such as Carl Jung.
Because we are able to look beyond temporal conditions unrelated to the actual message.