User Tag List

12 Last

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    yupp

Default Factitius disorder: what's your opinion on it?

Factitious disorder - Wikipedia

This is the same questionerre as the malingering one answer one or answer both I don't care. Well I do care but I'm pretending not to.

Is it good is it bad?

If good, why?

If bad, why?

do you know of anyone who has done such a thing?

Is it worth calling someone who is factitious disorder out?

If you know someone who has:How do you react when you find out someone was faking an illness?

If you don't know of anyonr: how do you think you'd react?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None

Does "attention' and that sweet., sweet "Brave and strong" label count as a malingering motive?

If not, I know several. Namely a friend from HS and my Grandmother.

Both are on the "exaggeration' side but it is some sever exaggeration.

I don't understand why anyone would want people to see them as weaker than are.
    " Do something, even if it's wrong."

" I don't wanna have to but I will, if that's what I'm supposed to do
    We don't wanna set up for the kill, but that's what I'm 'bout to do."

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    Factitious disorder - Wikipedia This is the same questionerre as the malingering one answer one or answer both I don't care. Well I do care but I'm pretending not to. Is it good is it bad? If good, why? If bad, why? do you know of anyone who has done such a thing? Is it worth calling someone who is factitious disorder out? If you know someone who has:How do you react when you find out someone was faking an illness? If you don't know of anyonr: how do you think you'd react?
    We pretend mbti is a psychometric test. And mbti is no more a psychometric test than astrology is astronomy.

Mbti appeals to our self esteem, and self esteem is the way others see us. And personality is what others see.

So mbti is a bright and shiny hatred of the inner life.

And mbti is American as apple pie, as American as business and faith, legitimating the hatred of the inner life.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuu View Post
    Does "attention' and that sweet., sweet "Brave and strong" label count as a malingering motive? If not, I know several. Namely a friend from HS and my Grandmother. Both are on the "exaggeration' side but it is some sever exaggeration. I don't understand why anyone would want people to see them as weaker than are.
    Today it is a political ideology called, "Victimology". Everyone and their dog is now a victim.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    yupp

Does "attention' and that sweet., sweet "Brave and strong" label count as a malingering motive?

If not, I know several. Namely a friend from HS and my Grandmother.

Both are on the "exaggeration' side but it is some sever exaggeration.

I don't understand why anyone would want people to see them as weaker than are.
    I believe that's facetitious which I can't spell.

Socionics
    SEE Se

Factitious disorder - Wikipedia

This is the same questionerre as the malingering one answer one or answer both I don't care. Well I do care but I'm pretending not to.

Is it good is it bad?
    They just renamed Münchhausen (and included Ganser), since "syndrome" is used to designate unsubstantiated or nonsensical diagnoses (irritable bowel syndrome, Chinese restaurant syndrome, olfactory reference syndrome, etc.).

Is it worth calling someone who is factitious disorder out?
    Yes. As it repeatedly relates to parents who poison their children to get attention (formerly Münchhausen by proxy), it's important that the behavior is checked in some way.

If you know someone who has:How do you react when you find out someone was faking an illness?

If you don't know of anyonr: how do you think you'd react?
    We have likely all met hypochondriacs who identify and express actual symptoms, and who tirelessly blabber about being terminally ill. In that sense, factitious disorder is hypochondria to the nth power, including the inherent risk of projection, so let's just say I'd keep my distance. However, if children are involved, it would be wise to keep a watchful eye and alert authorities.
    Likes prplchknz, Yuu liked this post

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None

I believe that's facetitious which I can't spell.
    Heh, are you trying to spell facetious or factitious?

...because I assumed the former ,which would make no sense, but my husband and his different-and I will admit, occasionally correct brain-said that he thought you meant "Factitious". Which would make sense.

Likes prplchknz liked this post

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    yupp

Heh, are you trying to spell facetious or factitious?

...because I assumed the former ,which would make no sense, but my husband and his different-and I will admit, occasionally correct brain-said that he thought you meant "Factitious". Which would make sense.
    The second one

Apparently, you're supposed to gently suggest that it might be worthwhile to seek professional mental health assistance and to avoid being judgmental or critical. I don't think I'd be the best person to handle this issue.
    Likes Yuu, prplchknz liked this post

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None

Quote Originally Posted by bechimo View Post
    Apparently, you're supposed to gently suggest that it might be worthwhile to seek professional mental health assistance and to avoid being judgmental or critical. I don't think I'd be the best person to handle this issue.
    Fuck that. Take thier children and throw them in jail..or a mental hospital if they can be helped.

Likes bechimo, raskol liked this post