• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Factitius disorder: what's your opinion on it?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Factitious disorder - Wikipedia

This is the same questionerre as the malingering one answer one or answer both I don't care. Well I do care but I'm pretending not to.

Is it good is it bad?

If good, why?

If bad, why?

do you know of anyone who has done such a thing?

Is it worth calling someone who is factitious disorder out?

If you know someone who has:How do you react when you find out someone was faking an illness?

If you don't know of anyonr: how do you think you'd react?

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Does "attention' and that sweet., sweet "Brave and strong" label count as a malingering motive?

If not, I know several. Namely a friend from HS and my Grandmother.

Both are on the "exaggeration' side but it is some sever exaggeration.

I don't understand why anyone would want people to see them as weaker than are.

Mole

Permabanned
Factitious disorder - Wikipedia This is the same questionerre as the malingering one answer one or answer both I don't care. Well I do care but I'm pretending not to. Is it good is it bad? If good, why? If bad, why? do you know of anyone who has done such a thing? Is it worth calling someone who is factitious disorder out? If you know someone who has:How do you react when you find out someone was faking an illness? If you don't know of anyonr: how do you think you'd react?

We pretend mbti is a psychometric test. And mbti is no more a psychometric test than astrology is astronomy.

Mbti appeals to our self esteem, and self esteem is the way others see us. And personality is what others see.

So mbti is a bright and shiny hatred of the inner life.

And mbti is American as apple pie, as American as business and faith, legitimating the hatred of the inner life.

Mole

Permabanned
Does "attention' and that sweet., sweet "Brave and strong" label count as a malingering motive? If not, I know several. Namely a friend from HS and my Grandmother. Both are on the "exaggeration' side but it is some sever exaggeration. I don't understand why anyone would want people to see them as weaker than are.

Today it is a political ideology called, "Victimology". Everyone and their dog is now a victim.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Does "attention' and that sweet., sweet "Brave and strong" label count as a malingering motive?

If not, I know several. Namely a friend from HS and my Grandmother.

Both are on the "exaggeration' side but it is some sever exaggeration.

I don't understand why anyone would want people to see them as weaker than are.

I believe that's facetitious which I can't spell.

raskol

Factitious disorder - Wikipedia

This is the same questionerre as the malingering one answer one or answer both I don't care. Well I do care but I'm pretending not to.

Is it good is it bad?
They just renamed Münchhausen (and included Ganser), since "syndrome" is used to designate unsubstantiated or nonsensical diagnoses (irritable bowel syndrome, Chinese restaurant syndrome, olfactory reference syndrome, etc.).

Is it worth calling someone who is factitious disorder out?
Yes. As it repeatedly relates to parents who poison their children to get attention (formerly Münchhausen by proxy), it's important that the behavior is checked in some way.

If you know someone who has:How do you react when you find out someone was faking an illness?

If you don't know of anyonr: how do you think you'd react?
We have likely all met hypochondriacs who identify and express actual symptoms, and who tirelessly blabber about being terminally ill. In that sense, factitious disorder is hypochondria to the nth power, including the inherent risk of projection, so let's just say I'd keep my distance. However, if children are involved, it would be wise to keep a watchful eye and alert authorities.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
I believe that's facetitious which I can't spell.

Heh, are you trying to spell facetious or factitious?

...because I assumed the former ,which would make no sense, but my husband and his different-and I will admit, occasionally correct brain-said that he thought you meant "Factitious". Which would make sense. :yes:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Heh, are you trying to spell facetious or factitious?

...because I assumed the former ,which would make no sense, but my husband and his different-and I will admit, occasionally correct brain-said that he thought you meant "Factitious". Which would make sense. :yes:

The second one

rav3n

Apparently, you're supposed to gently suggest that it might be worthwhile to seek professional mental health assistance and to avoid being judgmental or critical. I don't think I'd be the best person to handle this issue.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Apparently, you're supposed to gently suggest that it might be worthwhile to seek professional mental health assistance and to avoid being judgmental or critical. I don't think I'd be the best person to handle this issue.

Fuck that. Take thier children and throw them in jail..or a mental hospital if they can be helped.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp

Same

rav3n

Fuck that. Take thier children and throw them in jail..or a mental hospital if they can be helped.
That would be the 'by proxy' type where they should be coerced into treatment as a danger to their children. There's also the other more common hypochondriac variety who don't harm their children.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
That would be the 'by proxy' type where they should be coerced into treatment as a danger to their children. There's also the other more common hypochondriac variety who don't harm their children.

I live with the the "hypochondiran by proxy"( I'm sure there's a name for that) it is quite harmful, but not in the specific manner mentioned n this description.