• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Challenges 6 and 7, Season 1: The Arcade Challenges

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I just had a momentary panic that I had missed the challenge deadline, when I woke up at 7am after falling asleep at 10pm (very exciting night around here, there were diapers and there were books, don't even get me started). I promise to set an alarm for 11:50p just in case I do it again tonight.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I was very worried too. Glad you set the alarm.

ygolo

My termites win
So what does the tally look like now.

Blue team take both challenges?

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Looks like win for Blue.

Blue: 399 leaderboard, 10 trophies
Green: 318 leaderboard, 2 trophies
Red: 191 leaderboard, 5 trophies
Black: 95 leaderboard, 0 trophies

I will update points in the main Gauntlet thread now as well.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Also, if anyone would like to check my calculations I can send you the screenshots, if you promise not to make fun of the other tabs I had open at the time. It took me like a half hour and it was EXTREMELY boring so I don't recommend it, but I majored in English so if you feel you must, I will support you.

Martoon

perdu fleur par bologne
MBTI Type
INTP
Looks like win for Blue.

So for Challenge 6 (most leaderboard points) it's Blue, Green, Red, Black, and for Challenge 7 (most trophies) it's Blue, Red, Green, Black. Is that correct?

And please send me the screenshots, Ivy. I trust your math. I just wanna see the other tabs you had open.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
So for Challenge 6 (most leaderboard points) it's Blue, Green, Red, Black, and for Challenge 7 (most trophies) it's Blue, Red, Green, Black. Is that correct?

That's right!

And please send me the screenshots, Ivy. I trust your math. I just wanna see the other tabs you had open.

Check your PMs.

Usehername

On a mission
Looks like win for Blue.

My favourite is how NPG used her effort-benefit analysis to play 4 deck Spider Solitare and hit the "Submit Score" button after the clock ran for a second or two, thus giving her the high score.

Martoon

perdu fleur par bologne
MBTI Type
INTP
Check your PMs.

Meh. Not anything worth really making fun of, there. You disappoint.

Nice to see the toolbar shortcuts for the Puddin' and some other super-secret site, though. ;)

arcticangel02

To the top of the world
MBTI Type
eNFP
My favourite is how NPG used her effort-benefit analysis to play 4 deck Spider Solitare and hit the "Submit Score" button after the clock ran for a second or two, thus giving her the high score.

Actually, everyone in the top 10 did that. ;)

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Meh. Not anything worth really making fun of, there. You disappoint.

Nice to see the toolbar shortcuts for the Puddin' and some other super-secret site, though. ;)

Are you absolutely certain you want people who read the chat logs at Perverted Justice on the Puddin' though? (Even if it was a link in a thread on INTPC.)

Martoon

perdu fleur par bologne
MBTI Type
INTP
So for equal scores in the high score list, does it sort by time played?

Martoon

perdu fleur par bologne
MBTI Type
INTP
Are you absolutely certain you want people who read the chat logs at Perverted Justice on the Puddin' though? (Even if it was a link in a thread on INTPC.)

They're probably all the same people.

Didums

Looks like win for Blue.

I beat the Black team!! Woot! :party2:

nottaprettygal

MBTI Type
INTj

It took three tries to get that score. I think it's good that some of the games (like the ones I won) had nothing to do with skill but could be beaten by someone with a little bit of ingenuity/stupidity.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
It took three tries to get that score. I think it's good that some of the games (like the ones I won) had nothing to do with skill but could be beaten by someone with a little bit of ingenuity/stupidity.

Heh, I was going to beat Haight's Texas Hold'em score, but the forum logged me out automatically after being on one screen for too long. That Texas Hold'em game takes only slightly more skill than the Billiards game did before it was fixed. ;)

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I tried valiantly to unseat Laser's "Hexxagon" trophy.... but he wrapped his arms and legs around the chair and held on!

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I tried valiantly to unseat Laser's "Hexxagon" trophy.... but he wrapped his arms and legs around the chair and held on!

Actually ygolo took first place away from me about an hour before the competition ended.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hmmmm.

*plots on Ygolo*

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know if this has been asked anywhere, but is it possible to change the control keys on the games?
I just cannot play using the arrows. On my MAME games, I can change the settings, and I usually use N/M as left/right, and A/Z as up/down. Anyway to do this on this arcade?