• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Challenges 6 and 7, Season 1: The Arcade Challenges

nottaprettygal

MBTI Type
INTj
I don't mean to be a pest, but I can just foresee the chaos coming after these challenges, especially since they're the last ones.

To answer all of your questions in one, the scores of regular forum members will not be deleted, the high scores will not be disregarded, and the same goes for the top ten scores.

There shouldn't be too much chaos. And if there is a tie, then Ivy will come up with a tie-break.

NoahFence

MBTI Type
INTP
Just consider the non-team forum members as "minotaurs". Sometimes, the dungeon wins.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Despite the possible references to nerdy games I've never played, I think I get it :) Thanks.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Careful what you admit to never having played. We may have to revoke your NT card.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Yes!!
Now I have something to do.. :D

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Suggestion

Did someone already suggest highlighting Gauntlet members' names in the high scores section with their team colors?

It would just make it easier for us to keep track of points and what we have to beat.

You know, strategize.

As oppose to spastically slamming down my laptop keys trying to beat a 2,342,3412,342 high score that won't even count towards our totals. (And damn you Didums for making us feel worthless. :dry:)

Aside from the most egregious trash talkers, I dont' even know who's in the Gauntlet or what team they are on so interpreting the high scores list ... not really happening.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
BTW, NPG, with your avatar I totally get you confused with Pure_Mercury.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Did someone already suggest highlighting Gauntlet members' names in the high scores section with their team colors?

It would just make it easier for us to keep track of points and what we have to beat.

You know, strategize.

As oppose to spastically slamming down my laptop keys trying to beat a 2,342,3412,342 high score that won't even count towards our totals. (And damn you Didums for making us feel worthless. :dry:)

Aside from the most egregious trash talkers, I dont' even know who's in the Gauntlet or what team they are on so interpreting the high scores list ... not really happening.

In the event that the highlighting suggestion isn't possible, you can find out who's on what team by looking at the first page of the MBTI Gauntlet 2008 thread. Here's the specific post: http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/228613-post1.html

MBTI Type
INTJ

I think the way they answered my scoring question, you have to worry about beating everyone in front of you, not just Gauntlet players. If you wind up in fourth place in a game, and all three of the people ahead of you are non-Gauntlet players, you still only get 7 points, not 10. Of course, you're still ahead of other Gauntlet players, but you don't get first place points unless you're actually in first place.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Is there any way to have separate challenge for #7 instead of the arcade again? I dunno... maybe a cooking contest with photos as evidence?

nottaprettygal

MBTI Type
INTj
Is there any way to have separate challenge for #7 instead of the arcade again? I dunno... maybe a cooking contest with photos as evidence?

Well, at least they aren't both a week long. . . or my hand would fall off.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
No, these are the last challenges. Many people have expressed fatigue and this seemed like a fun way to send off the Gauntlet until next time.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
:boohoo: I still have a little life left in me. Won't you reconsider or at least think about it? Pwease? :puppy_dog_eyes:

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Feel free to stage your own cooking contest!

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Why so I can face the fire squad? No thanks I've been abused enough this week.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
So, you want me to face the fire squad instead? Thanks a lot! ;)

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I'll just have to settle for a nice meal out. :rolleyes: I prefer having others cook for me when giving the opportunity anyway.