• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Game Rules

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
It becomes less about competing with the other teams and more about self preservervation.

To me, the self-preservation is what makes it less fun. When I signed on for the game, I wasn't aware it was going to be a cut-throat, every man for himself, kind of thing. It's supposed to be fun.

Atomic Fiend

To me, the self-preservation is what makes it less fun. When I signed on for the game, I wasn't aware it was going to be a cut-throat, every man for himself, kind of thing. It's supposed to be fun.
Haha, me too.

I was agreeing with you and Dana.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
It shouldn't be a problem. I'll mention it to Haight.

PS It wasn't my idea.

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
Presumably because it isn't really a team competition, it is about determining which member has won.
The fact teams were picked arbitrarily by a third party without the input of the members or the captains makes it less about the team. If it was a group that came together for social/team-effectiveness reasons, it would be a team effort.

There is more of a military general angle to this, as you have to work with whatever you get, but you don't get better units by doing well, only maintain your team size, even if some of your team consists of lame ducks.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
Cool--could we rethink it, maybe?

I'm with Tallulah - I'm in this to have a little fun, win or lose (not that I think that'll happen :D). There just doesn't seem much upside in voting people out. Is having fewer people participating really going to make things more fun or competitive? Just seems like a potential source of drama to me (no thanks). Give five points for a win, three for a second, tally'em up at the end, whoever has the most points wins.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
The fact teams were picked arbitrarily makes it less about the team. If it was a group that came together based on the team captains selecting them and they had to accept to join, it would be more of a team effort.

There is more of a military general angle to this, as you have to work with whatever you get, but you don't get better units by doing well, which means doing well is not all that important.

We did select our teams, for the most part.

We listed you from most desirable to least and haight divided you up systematically.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
The fact teams were picked arbitrarily by a third party without the input of the members or the captains makes it less about the team. If it was a group that came together for social/team-effectiveness reasons, it would be a team effort.

There is more of a military general angle to this, as you have to work with whatever you get, but you don't get better units by doing well, only maintain your team size, even if some of your team consists of lame ducks.

Most of us didn't sign up for this because of the military angle. Most of us signed up b/c we want to do fun, creative things.

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
Also, it seems like some team choices were made to put cats and dogs on the same team.

Atomic Fiend

Also another complaint, you gave us the first task to do on fourth of july, fine, you gave us till monday to complete them, not fine, people have lives. I can't force everyone to drop what they are doing to complete a task on a holiday weekend.

Atomic Fiend

Also, it seems like some team choices were made to put cats and dogs on the same team.

No one was out to get you. Lets be honest here, do you think Haight really cares so much about members as to make sure they're paired with team members they hate?

Haight really? Do you care that much?

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
It shouldn't be a problem. I'll mention it to Haight.

PS It wasn't my idea.
It's your game. I don't care. But it really doesn't matter since half of the team members aren't participation anyhow.

Do as you wish. But you need a system for awarding the challenge victor in order to discover the overall victor after the seven challenges.

I assume that would entail a point system of some sort.

You're paranoid.

No one was out to get you. Lets be honest here, do you think Haight really cares so much about members as to make sure they're paired with team members they hate?

Haight really? Do you care that much?
I care, but not about that.

I realize before I do anything on this site that someone is going to accuse me rigging, cheating, or otherwise exercising a bias, eventually. Hence, I go into everything knowing that ahead of time.

With that said. . . I took the four lists from the team captains. I wrote their names on little pieces of paper. I folded them up and put them in a hat. Then , I drew them out, labeled them 1 though 4, and started the draft.

The draft consisted of me circling the top choice on team one's list and then crossing out that member on the three other team lists. And that process went until competition.

Done and done.

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
Also another complaint, you gave us the first task to do on fourth of july, fine, you gave us till monday to complete them, not fine, people have lives. I can't force everyone to drop what they are doing to complete a task on a holiday weekend.
Because the challenge times can't be flexible or else they will be continuously debated before, during, and after every challenge. And, folks wanted to get the game started, rather than waiting until after the holiday.

It's not as if your team members celebrate the 4th and the others do not. The time frame is equal in that respect.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
It's your game. I don't care. But it really doesn't matter since half of the team members aren't participation anyhow.

Do as you wish. But you need a system for awarding the challenge victor in order to discover the overall victor after the seven challenges.

I assume that would entail a point system of some sort.

Ya see, folks. This was what made me initially agree to the 'limmies. Why should tammy tagalongs be rewarded?

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Edit... actually... they will be "rewarded"... but just not.... part of the "team" in the end.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Ya see, folks. This was what made me initially agree to the 'limmies. Why should tammy tagalongs be rewarded?
wtf are you talking about? Speak English dammit.