• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Game Rules

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
Sorry. . . but you'll knew it was coming.

First off, Admins can view all forums. However, they will simply be moderating forums for rule violations, flaming, or gossiping (I don't want any non-game private discussions about other members or anything of the like). Moderators cannot view private team forums unless they are members of a particular team.

Okay, next:

Gauntlet Game Rules:

1. I will start a thread in the Gauntlet forum that will provide the challenge description and the submission deadline (challenge ideas will be created and debated upon by all forum members).

2. Submissions will be posted in the challenge thread by each team captain. Challenge discussions, deliberations, and product creations will be held in a challenge-dedicated thread within each teams private forums. All submissions will be final. Editing, removing, or manipulating the submission post in the challenge thread will result in disqualification for that particular challenge.

3. After the final submissions have been posted, a forum wide private vote will be held in the challenge thread to determine the victor first, second, and third place.

4. All three losing teams will be forced to eliminate one of their own team members per challenge round. This vote will be conducted within the teams private forum via a private poll (an Admin will have to set those up within the private team challenge threads after they are finished producing the product).

A points system of 10 points for a win, 5 points for second place, and 3 points for third will be handed out after each challenge. The team coming in last will not receive points for that challenge.

5. The game ends (or Season 1, in this case) after seven challenges. If there is a tie at that time, an eighth challenge will be played to break the tie. Game winner is determined by which team has the greatest amount of members points after all seven challenges have been completed.

6. All members of the winning team will receive a prize for their efforts.*

Format:
a/ Three days will be granted per challenge.
b/ One day for voting.
c/ Repeat.

Enjoy the game!

*Prize to be determined at a future date.

Last edited:

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
So we don't know the first challenge because WE haven't decided on it?
No. I know what the first challenge is because we need to get this thing under way. And, I'm making the thread right now.

But after that. . .

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
...Editing, removing, or manipulating the submission post in the challenge thread will result in disqualification for that particular challenge.

Sigh. But I'm a "Kobayashi Maru" gal at heart! :steam:

(I mean, isn't unanticipated bending of the rules and loophole exploitation a sign of true cunning and super-intelligence?)

O

Oberon

Sigh. But I'm a "Kobayashi Maru" gal at heart! :steam:

(I mean, isn't unanticipated bending of the rules and loophole exploitation a sign of true cunning and super-intelligence?)

Sure! Go ahead!

They'll let you get away with it, sure. No problem.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
2. Submissions will be posted in the challenge thread by each team captain. Challenge discussions, deliberations, and product creations will be held in a challenge-dedicated thread within each teams private forums. All submissions will be final. Editing, removing, or manipulating the submission post in the challenge thread will result in disqualification for that particular challenge.

Just to clarify, does this mean only one submission per team is allowed?

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Sorry. . . but you'll knew it was coming.

First off, Admins can view all forums. However, they will simply be moderating forums for rule violations, flaming, or gossiping (I don't want any non-game private discussions about other members or anything of the like). Moderators cannot view private team forums unless they are members of a particular team.

Okay, next:

Gauntlet Game Rules:

1. I will start a thread in the Gauntlet forum that will provide the challenge description and the submission deadline (challenge ideas will be created and debated upon by all forum members).

3. After the final submissions have been posted, a forum wide private vote will be held in the challenge thread to determine the victor.

4. All three losing teams will be forced to eliminate one of their own team members per challenge round. This vote will be conducted within the teams private forum via a private poll (an Admin will have to set those up within the private team challenge threads after they are finished producing the product).

5. The game ends (or Season 1, in this case) after seven challenges. If there is a tie at that time, an eighth challenge will be played to break the tie. Game winner is determined by which team has the greatest amount of members after all seven challenges have been completed.

6. All members of the winning team will receive a prize for their efforts.*

Format:
a/ Three days will be granted per challenge.
b/ One day for voting.
c/ Repeat.

Enjoy the game!

*Prize to be determined at a future date.
:cry:

What did I get myself into.

Excluding Scrabble, I hate competitive sports/games.

Voting people off your team?

That's mean.

I scerred.

:cry:

Seriously...

Atomic Fiend

You'll be fine, after the first round when you lose you can simply ask to be voted off.

Firelie

Magical
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
What is the point in voting someone off the team?

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I can't wait 'til my team loses. I want to get rid of Edahn.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Presumably because it isn't really a team competition, it is about determining which member has won.

Yeah, that's what it looks like. It would be more fun if it were a team effort 'til the end. Everything's like Survivor these days.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
We could do that... The voting off thing was introduced after the original gauntlet concept was conceived.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I would very much like to rethink it.

There's just no point.

At one time I was for it, but it's negative reinforcement. Something I seldom agree with.

Firelie

Magical
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Plus, the more a team has to get rid of members, the worse they're going to do (that is, if all team members are contributing at least ideas, if not skills), which will just make them crash and burn.

Atomic Fiend

I would very much like to rethink it.

There's just no point.

At one time I was for it, but it's negative reinforcement. Something I seldom agree with.
It becomes less about competing with the other teams and more about self preservervation.