• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Cult of Mah-K'gffhhn: Insider Views of Gauntlet

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
All the teams are justifiably proud of what they are putting together.

However, all teams are bringing this round.

Gonna be a good one... glad I thought of it!

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Team Green: if there was one team you other three teams could break into their compound, steal their women, and salt the earth so nothing grows there ever again... this is that team.
Sorry, this is Team Red.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You'd want to break into our compound, steal our women and go all Carthage on us because we're that SEXAY!!

Come on. All we have is our looks. Be kind. :D ;)

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You'd want to break into our compound, steal our women and go all Carthage on us because we're that SEXAY!!
...and easy.

And what is this?

Question: Is there any way we could have ONE day off between challenges? I know it's not desirable to have a big gap, but one day of brain rest would help.

This is Gauntlet Team Green, not kindergarten! No nap time!

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I want a break (from failure) too!

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
failsa1.jpg

Love.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
...and easy.

Meh. You're just bitter cuz you know you're the one person onsite who doesn't have a chance with us.

Wait. No. I mean, "LIES! IT'S ALL BITTER VILE LIES FROM THE BRIGHT RED CHERRY LISP LIPS OF A CLOWN!"

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wasn't thinking Team Blue was going to pull out of the nosedive, but I see some signs of life.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Damn, that one was close.

Team Blue still sucks.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Maybe they just worship the elder beast Mah'kguffnnn or whatever it was.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Maybe they just worship the elder beast Mah'kguffnnn or whatever it was.
Possible.

There also seems to be less outside interest in Gauntlet now too.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Seems like most everyone who was interested has joined a team.

ygolo

My termites win
Might I suggest that the next challenge be interesting to more of the forum, then?

Perhaps more informative, in general, or particularly about psychology, or MBTI, or the like.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Possible.

There also seems to be less outside interest in Gauntlet now too.

Seems like most everyone who was interested has joined a team.

I agree. The lack of outside interest means that this has largely turned into a contest to see which team can get more of its members or its other friends on the site to vote. One of my team members noted with interest that unlike previous challenges, there were no comments on the Challenge 4 thread about the actual quality or content of any of the entries. I think that's become rather irrelevant by this point. I think if Gauntlet II happens I humbly suggest the following rule changes to improve the game:

1. Restrict teams to 6-8 members with absolutely no additions for ANY reason. If the demand is that high, just add more teams.

2. Disallow anyone belonging to a team from voting.

3. Institute a minimum post count to vote so that teams can't have people sign up just to vote or sign up themselves under a different name just to vote.

4. Appoint a madmin or disinterested party to review each entry and make sure it satisfies the challenge as written before putting it in the poll and making it eligible to receive points.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I agree. The lack of outside interest means that this has largely turned into a contest to see which team can get more of its members or its other friends on the site to vote. One of my team members noted with interest that unlike previous challenges, there were no comments on the Challenge 4 thread about the actual quality or content of any of the entries. I think that's become rather irrelevant by this point. I think if Gauntlet II happens I humbly suggest the following rule changes to improve the game:

1. Restrict teams to 6-8 members with absolutely no additions for ANY reason. If the demand is that high, just add more teams.

2. Disallow anyone belonging to a team from voting.

3. Institute a minimum post count to vote so that teams can't have people sign up just to vote or sign up themselves under a different name just to vote.

4. Appoint a madmin or disinterested party to review each entry and make sure it satisfies the challenge as written before putting it in the poll and making it eligible to receive points.

I've had it up to HERE with your...RUWELLLLLS!! :steam: