• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Cult of Mah-K'gffhhn: Insider Views of Gauntlet

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I agree. The lack of outside interest means that this has largely turned into a contest to see which team can get more of its members or its other friends on the site to vote. One of my team members noted with interest that unlike previous challenges, there were no comments on the Challenge 4 thread about the actual quality or content of any of the entries. I think that's become rather irrelevant by this point. I think if Gauntlet II happens I humbly suggest the following rule changes to improve the game:

1. Restrict teams to 6-8 members with absolutely no additions for ANY reason. If the demand is that high, just add more teams.

2. Disallow anyone belonging to a team from voting.

3. Institute a minimum post count to vote so that teams can't have people sign up just to vote or sign up themselves under a different name just to vote.

4. Appoint a madmin or disinterested party to review each entry and make sure it satisfies the challenge as written before putting it in the poll and making it eligible to receive points.

Agreed. Maybe also reduce the number of challenges, as well. Having seven challenges with no breaks in between assures that team members have no lives outside the Gauntlet. And the more challenges, the more burnout within teams and less interest from observers.

Poser

Fe, rusted.
MBTI Type
INTP
I can't speak for everyone, but I have been watching with interest. I keep up with the deadlines for submission and I have really enjoyed all of the entries. I didn't want to sign up for a team because I knew I wouldn't be able to commit the time necessary.

I haven't commented in most of the submission threads because it just seemed counter-productive. All of the entries were what that team interpreted the challenge as so I just vote my preference and don't say anything on why.

I would like for the gauntlet to only happen twice a year and maybe even have set days for challenges assigned, submitted and vote deadlines. Maybe one challenge a week. I could just see interest waning if another gauntlet comes right after this one.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can't speak for everyone, but I have been watching with interest. I keep up with the deadlines for submission and I have really enjoyed all of the entries. I didn't want to sign up for a team because I knew I wouldn't be able to commit the time necessary.

I haven't commented in most of the submission threads because it just seemed counter-productive. All of the entries were what that team interpreted the challenge as so I just vote my preference and don't say anything on why.

I would like for the gauntlet to only happen twice a year and maybe even have set days for challenges assigned, submitted and vote deadlines. Maybe one challenge a week. I could just see interest waning if another gauntlet comes right after this one.
What about other outsiders?

You enjoying it?

TenebrousReflection

MBTI Type
INFp
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What about other outsiders?

You enjoying it?

I've been enjoying viewing the entries, but I always seem to check on them too late to vote, but even then, its hard to choose which one I'd vote for and criteria to use to make that decision (which one best represented the spirit of the chalenge is not always the one I liked the best (for example - I liked red the best out for the last one for humor and creativity, but I thought the other teams did a better job of representing the spirit of the chalenge on that one)).

sciski

MBTI Type
NSFW
Enneagram
6w7
I'm enjoying it. :)

I especially liked the rap challenge.