• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The MBTIc Gauntlet 2008 Discussion Thread

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
*adds Pink to the team*

Jen
Delilah
Night
Oberon
Jennifer
Pink Piranha
Metal Wounds

More to come...

Go me! I highfive like, AWESOME. :D

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I dunno. Maybe we need to (re)organize this better and create teams via the "draft round" method, if Dana is serious about doing this.

(It's pretty clear Jen already triumphed on the "strategic team assembly" contest, though.)

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I suppose i could participate, although i'll probably get picked last, just like elementary school. *sigh*

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
I suppose i could participate, although i'll probably get picked last, just like elementary school. *sigh*

You would very easily be one of my first picks, scantily.

MBTI Type
ENTP
There's a lot of old dog v. new dog going on here... sooooooooooooooooooooooo.... my suggestion... is instead of hurting some people's feelings (or, in attempting to compensate, choosing everyone on the forum for one team), let's just acknowledge that people who have been on the forum longer will stand a better chance of being together... let's have:

n00bs versus Oldtimers!

Whatever the number of participants is... to be determined by people's posting their interest in involvement... split it according to 'join date'... so if there are 20 people, ten of the oldest versus the remaining newer-join-date ten... if there's an odd number of people, the N00bs get to keep the extra, since they're N00bs.

Oh... and team captains would be elected once the teams have been finalized, each captain by her/his own group members in a secret ballot.

I think this is the fairest way of doing it... also the quickest, since we won't have eight different people with eight different team lists to sort out.

Ayes and Nays?!?!

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
My team is being constructed. n00bs and the faint of heart need not apply.

MBTI Type
ENTP
You just worry about putting your team together.

WOAH!.... new avatar and everything... hot damn...

I hoped it was going to be a group affair putting teams together, not a schoolyard pick-up game, where the runts are left out and the cool kids team together. Additionally, I'm not electing myself an organizer of n00bs. The way you're not doing it it's just whoever picks first, and then there're loyalty issues, and etc... that's why I suggested a simple join-date strategy. You've pretty much arrogated team-selecting privileges to yourself and I and a few others are left to watch the Oldtimers' machinations.

So I'll watch and wait. And weep extrovertedly, as I'm doing now. :cry:

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Okay I'd like to publicly invite you and heart to join our team, which appears to be the only team so far.

Looks like we win, Jen.
I think you're correct Sir. I suppose everyone else is busy while I'm bored outta my mind planning a pretend fight and folding laundry.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I thought this was what was going to happen:

People sign up to participate.
Captains are chosen.
Teams are picked.

Not

People Join.
Teams picked.
Captains chosen.

Also

It is VERY important that there are an equal amount of people on each team.

And it is just as important that each team captain has just as much say in the choosing as another.

Eh, I'm an NP, and I've lost enthusiasm already. :rofl1:

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Another thing: It's not about the teams!

It's about the contests!

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Oooo, can we have a FARK-esque Photoshopping contest?

If so, I am totally down.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Can the first competition be organising a piss up in a brewery?

Anonymous

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Sure, I'm in. I'd never miss a chance to potentially kick Edahn's and Delilah's asses.