• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The MBTIc Gauntlet 2008 Discussion Thread

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Every now and again, there comes a time when a man or a woman must accept the challenge which shall make or break them. Yes.. even in your cosy little world of Jungian theory, you cannot escape such a destiny. Humans were bred for battle. Don't believe me? Watch Gladiator, fool.

You have entered an arena which shall determine the fate of the brave: The Gauntlet. What the fuck is a gauntlet? Isn't that some lame show on MTV? Short answer: Die in a fire if you said yes. Long answer: A gauntlet is an open challenge as to combat. That means it's going to get brutal.

Here's what's going to happen: Whomever wishes to participate shall indicate so via this thread. Four members of MBTIc will be selected as your team captains. Teams shall be announced, and then.... the excitement begins. There will be a number of rounds in which all team members may participate. After everyone who wished to participate in the round submits their work by the given date, a winner will be chosen.

After the rounds, there will be a winning team, with the majority of rounds won. The rest of you shall bow down before the team captain and his or her crew and remember that you are inferior and shameful for the duration of the year until next summer's Gauntlet.

Let the games begin.

The RED Team 0+0+3+10+0+3+5= 21 Points
Jennifer
Martoon
Anonymous
CzeCze
Delilah
PinkPiranha
SolitaryPenguin
Wolf
NoahFence
Mondo
Jeffster
BlueWing
Grayscale
SilentlyHonest

The BLACK Team 5+3+10+5+5+0+0= 28 Points
Jen
CaptainChick
Carebear
Digest
Limey
Night
Oberon
Randomnity
wolfmaiden14
Trinity
Bluebell
substitute
uberfuhrer
6sticks

The GREEN Team 10+5+5+3+3+5+3= 34 Points
FMW
Eye-In-Tipi
Firelie
Mort Belfry
Nocapszy
Rajah
ScantilyClad
Sleep
Tallulah
Kelric
ygolo
AvereX
Sunshine

The BLUE Team 3+10+0+0+10+10+10= 43 Points
Dana
Brendan
DigitalMethod
Edahn
The Liquid Laser
Noel
Nottaprettygal
Pure_Mercury
WobblyStilettos
arcticangel02
Lethe
Rhu
Wyst
Samuel De Mazarin

----
and

Haight as emcee/referee

Last edited by a moderator:

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
lol you must be bored. *waits for thread locking*

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Gauntlet was an arcade game phenomenon in the 80's. Lines would form out into the street to play that game. I was usually the elf.

Elf needs food badly! Elf is about to die!

Good times. :cool:

Oh, and I'm in. Whatever this is. You should know I can't back down from a CHALLENGE. :devil:

6sticks

MBTI Type
istp
Stop tearing this family apart. This is one of those lame insult threads right?

... I also thought this was about the game Gauntlet.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Not at all.. these games are for people to exercise their talent.

And by talent I mean photography, writing, debate, you name it.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
AWWWWWWWWWWWW YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

So um, maybe we could pick captains based on type? One NT captain, one SJ captain, etc. ?

Also, what types of challenges can we have? What kinds of group activities? Maybe some photo challenges? Writing challenges? Playing a prank on INTPc? Lots of stuff to work with.

I'm so in.

And I'm going to destroy all of y'all. (Except those on my team.)

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Great ideas, Edahn..

You will definitely help in deciding the challenges. I'm just getting the ball rolling.

I think this would be a perfect opportunity for some of the new folks (we have lots, and they're great) to put their hand in and sort of become a more integral part of the community! Also, for some old-fashioned rivalry between friends and foes.

As for the types of team captains... I'm not sure. It doesn't really matter who the captain is, so I suppose a Keirsian breakdown wouldn't hurt.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
This thread is a fun idea.

Dana - what is your ideal format, in terms of MBTI breakdown per team?

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
It would be ideal for the teams to have a variety (as in MB type) of members. That way, they have a greater chance of owning in each challenge, as they will be varied!

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Whoever wants to be on my team pm me.

Here's what I'm thinking. Limey, Eri, Night, Metal, Digest, PM, CC 1, CC 2, Jennifer, Oberon, Rajah, Jeffster.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I doubt the teams will be that big, but it all depends on how many people decide to compete.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Gauntlet was an arcade game phenomenon in the 80's. Lines would form out into the street to play that game. I was usually the elf.

yay! So was I!!!!

And it's not just an 80's thingie. It moved to 3D in the 2000's. (Did you see that version? You could even save your character under a password.)

"Elf needs food badly! Elf is about to die!"

*high-pitched giggle*

"The elf has stolen all the food lately."

Oh, and I'm in. Whatever this is. You should know I can't back down from a CHALLENGE. :devil:

Yawn. I guess I'm in.
(For what, I don't know, though.)

Thanks, loser. P.S. I'll be addressing everyone who isn't or might not be on my team as "loser" from here to forth. Loser.

oh, you should be beaten with live pissy starving Joyce-quoting copperhead snakes about the head. (Unless you are on my team. Of course.)

Whoever wants to be on my team pm me. Here's what I'm thinking. Limey, Eri, Night, Metal, Digest, PM, CC 1, CC 2, Jennifer, Oberon, Rajah, Jeffster.

Wow. :cry: This is like elementary school kickball... but I actually got picked for someone's team rather than left for last.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
:laugh: Have fun storming the castle.

edit:[moved to graveyard]

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh yeah -- Battle of the network MBTIc Stars!

BattleGroup_jpg.jpg

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Stop touching my leg.