• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Captains

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
I figured I'd take the initiative on this one.

So far there's:

Nocap
Trinity
Noel
disregard(?)

who have volunteered to be captains.
To my knowledge, it hasn't been set in stone how captains will be determined.

I've nominated Uberfuhrer which potentially gives us five, unless there's supposed to be some kind of lottery or some other method for deciding who's captain.

There was very much word on what the captains will be responsible for, but in any event, I figure we need to get this hammered out because if my proposition regarding captains was accepted, we can't really progress until they draft their teams.

So volunteer, or vote, or whatever we're doing.

Also, figure out what the challenges are. I wanna see a thread containing all the challenges today.

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
The first thing the captains will do is submit a list to me with their order preference. In other words, a wish list ranking the 30 players from 1 to 30. After that, the only thing the captains do is relay information to their teams when I have information that, well, needs to be relayed. I just don't want to have a PM exchange with 36 people when time and my laziness are factors.

Beyond that, they would, ideally, lead the teams to make goals and manage challenges. However, I learned last time that being a captain is not an indication that this will be the case, and it's not even necessary because the Js on the team will step up anyway.

I guess I'm trying to say that the captains are going to do marginally more work than the non-captains. So it's not a big deal.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I would like team names to be different this year..

Perhaps an animal chosen by each team?

deleted
I would like team names to be different this year..

Perhaps an animal chosen by each team?

I think an animal should chose the team. So walk to your destination, be it the jungle or savana, and the first animal to maul and/or pee on/sniff your leg will be the team name. It's only fair.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
The first thing the captains will do is submit a list to me with their order preference.
Understood. And how shall we be making our choices?
I guess I'm trying to say that the captains are going to do marginally more work than the non-captains. So it's not a big deal.
This is what I'd figured.

So since this issue has been dodged almost the entire time, I'll ask again, are we to build our teams based on personal preference, or do we get to look at what's to come and prioritize based on who's best for the task?

If it's the former, I don't want to be a captain.

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
It would be hard to tell you what's to come when I don't know what's to come.

So I guess we need an additional volunteer.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
ok, count me in, I'll do it. In the dark, with bad english :)

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Count this captain out.

Lol, The Gauntlet, that was, like, an eternity ago.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Understood. And how shall we be making our choices?
This is what I'd figured.

So since this issue has been dodged almost the entire time, I'll ask again, are we to build our teams based on personal preference, or do we get to look at what's to come and prioritize based on who's best for the task?

If it's the former, I don't want to be a captain.

You can still do the latter without knowing the tasks based on the kind of things that were done last year.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
It would be hard to tell you what's to come when I don't know what's to come.
So, by this do you mean that you're not going to have the trials set before the team draft, or only that you just don't know at the moment?

I'll captain a team I get to choose strategically, but if we're making the games up as we go, then I don't think I'd even know who to pick...

Maybe I'll just choose alphabetically.

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
Yeah, I don't know what the challenges will be at this point. I have an idea with regard to two or three, but I'm not even set on those. To me, that's another step down the road. Regardless, I'm not going to reveal the challenges to the teams all at once. I'm going to reveal just like last time . . . one after the other.

I'm flattered that you think I'm extraordinarily organized and highly structured, but you're overestimating my involvement here.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm suspicious about why Nocap wanted me as a captain in the first place.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
you're overestimating my involvement here.

oh make no mistake. i know you wouldn't bother much further than to suggest. my question was one of time -- whether we were to complete the agenda before forming our rosters or not.

you've said not.
ergo, my team will be prioritized in reverse alphabetical order.

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
Awesome.

So how many captains do we have?

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Unless anyone's changed their mind;

Nocap
Trinity
Noel
disregard
Uberfuhrer (assuming he wants to)
entropie

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
Sorry. I was offline for a few days *blows kiss to Comcast*

I'll figure out what the first challenge will be, and have the captains send me their lists, this weekend. After that, we'll get started.