• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

30 Day Pull-Up Challenge

Kilgore Trout

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I'm a really big fan of pull-ups.

This thread will be more about mental toughness and discipline than a standard pull-up workout, though. I want to do 100 pull-ups every other day for 30 days. This will be highly experimental. Some days, I might have a standard 10 reps, 30 seconds rest, cycle. Other days, I'll do pyramids that begin at 1 and build up. I'll vary reps and rest times, try weighted pull-ups, and just play around with what works and doesn't work. The goal is only to get 100 pull-ups done every other day. During the course of this challenge, I'll edit this post with videos, articles, and other information that I find relevant to pull-ups. If anybody else wants to sign on today or later on, feel free to check in and give updates and explain what type of program you're working with.

e0ca129f54dd72f766fbf21f384c1807.png

Bartendaz:

Articles:

Variations

Combat Sports

Most Pull-Ups in 24 Hours (Female)

Last edited:

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I love pull-ups. They were always my fave when I went to the gym. I don't go anymore. I'm also a really thin woman with not buff arms and have to use a band to help me. After a couple months, I was able to do a couple unassisted pull-ups and the accomplishment felt great. I really miss it. My super power is actually a 5-minute plank, switching positions a few times to target different muscles and help distract my mind.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I love pull-ups. They were always my fave when I went to the gym. I don't go anymore. I'm also a really thin woman with not buff arms and have to use a band to help me. After a couple months, I was able to do a couple unassisted pull-ups and the accomplishment felt great. I really miss it. My super power is actually a 5-minute plank, switching positions a few times to target different muscles and help distract my mind.

Can you do the fun planking?

planking.png

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Real men do muscleups !

I wouldnt recommend doing 100 pullups every second day. That way you only risk injury and in this intensity you rather increase muscular stamina instead of growth. Rather go bouldering on an overhanging wall, way more fun an more of a natural movement.

I heavily increased my chest size by doing pull-ups in an A-B-A-B-... plan 3 times a week for 3 months, with 3x10 pullups every B day. As it got to easy, I packed on a backpack with weights.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

You should start it up again! It's fantastic for rebuilding your self-confidence (and your body). :newwink:

5 min plank :shock: Yeah as a 1 min planker I challenge you to barbell squats instead! :D

Kilgore Trout

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Update:

During the first week, I did 100 pull-ups every other day. I rested on Sunday.

Method -- 8 reps, 1 minute rest, in cycles. OR: Pyramids, starting from 1, going up to 5, for really slow pull-ups. I rested for 30 seconds in between each set.

On my rest days, I've been doing 100 squats (20 reps, rest for 2 minutes, in cycles). I finish with a wall sit for 1 minute.

I've been eating a lot better to deal with recovery, even adding whey protein as a supplement. My hours of sleep have increased too.

It's harder to do this challenge on the days I have martial arts and running and skateboarding, but I try to space the activities out. I'm not above cutting out a day if I don't feel that I have had adequate rest. The most important thing is to listen to my body. On the other hand, I am primarily doing this challenge as an experiment. As the weeks progress, I'll alter my training to see what works the best for me.

MBTI Type
ISIS
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I got a pullup with one plate a few weeks ago. I noticed since I started doing pullups and dips my bench went up.

My next goal is two plates, although I am not sure its possible for a female.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I got a pullup with one plate a few weeks ago. I noticed since I started doing pullups and dips my bench went up.

Bench is whole body. If done power lifter style it pulls your Lats and back into the picture as well for bench. Your goal is to push your back through the bench. Of course the weights move and not your back. Dips for tris, and pull ups for Lats and your bench will go up.

Or lean forward quite a bit on Dips and turn it into a lower chest exercise. Can really pack on weights then. I was doing 3 sets of 8 reps @BW(180lbs)+2 plates. My goal is to get back up to my old workout.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
About to start p90x, last time on pull up day I usually knocked out 120-130 non-weighted pull ups by the end of it. Of course I am 30lbs heavier now. We will see how many I can do.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

ISTP girls are so badass. :D

I can't do pull ups with plates, hope to get there some day.