• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Rail Tracer's Burning Rave.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
As a way for me to go to campus to study AND workout/bulk-up at the same time, I have devised a plan that I will be doing until the end of May. I'll be at my college most days until late at night before i workout, but I'll be studying and doing homework every other time. Monday/Wednesdays/Fridays are my free-time and there are 4 exercises that I plan to do from now until the June during evenings. Since I haven't been exercising much lately, and my posture is horrendous, I am being a bit more lenient on myself. The four exercises will consist of Deadlifts, Front Squats, Dips, and Chin-Ups.

My goals by June, if I can pass these ahead of schedule, my goals will be updated:

Develop a proper form for Deadlifts and Front Squats on freeweights. This means being able to do squats and deadlifts using the 3-point system. Bars will be used to touch certain points of my back while I develop the proper technique, I plan to do somewhere around 500 of both by the end of February before I actually start the exercises. I will more than likely surpass this, however, or I hope.

Deadlifts: Be able to deadlift 100LBS
Front Squat: Be able to Front Squat 100LBS
Dips: Be able to do Dips with my current + increasing bodyweight.
Chin-Ups: Be able to do Chin-Ups with my current + increasing body weight.
Be able to hit around 160lbs when it comes to weight, both fat and muscle.

From here until February (or if my posture and form develops rapidly):

3-point system M/W/F and M/F, move to the actual exercises when I feel comfortable doing the exercises early or February ends.
10 minutes of full-body stretching for the core
Deadlifts: 25x3
Squats: 25x3

At the end of February, my workout would consist of

Monday:
Deadlifts: 8x2 (heavy), 10x1(light)
Chin-ups: 8x3

Wednesday:
Working on form, 3-point system with bars(starting low on weight and increasing) and full-body stretching:
3-point Deadlifts: 20x3
3-point Squats: 20x3

Friday:
Front Squats 8x2(Heavy), 10x1(light)
Dips: 10x3

I'll be developing a protein shake that I can muster into, I might just end up adding more ingredients to it so I can stack as much good calories into it along with my usual routine of eating.

As for now, happy bulking! (first update in a few hours.)

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Holy! This is what happen when you haven't exercise this much for about a year (thing occur.... no not failing New Years Resolution just... things that made me afraid of working out again) and properly do a squat and deadlift.

So I did 20x4 of those 3-point bar workout. Meaning that my head, a point in my spine, and (what you call it) that bone between your butt-cheeks were touching the bar. There is probably some room for error as I am getting myself use to having my spine touch the bar and subconsciously staying in that form without the bar(my butt and my head touches the bar marvelously, otherwise), but I think I did fairly well. Throughout the process, I remind myself that that back spot needs to move back a bit.... and it is carrying to every day activities.

Stretching so the muscles and working the core was actually a full-body workout in itself, in which I intended my workouts to be. That one point the coach gave me (he gives a free orientation to get people started on their goals.... mine just happens to be learning the correct form for both squats and deadlifts) really hit the spot. My arms feel like it was being worked out, the majority of my legs felt like they were working out, even my abs feel like they are working out. Although I feel like, jokingly, my butt needs to be used more. An ideal deadlift should use the butt muscles the most because that is the sweet spot to focus on when it comes to exercising multiple muscles for deadlifts... and for the ladies....deadlifts are great for working that region.

So full-body/compound exercises are cool. I will be doing the same exercise again on Wednesday night, since I haven't exercise in so long, I will probably be really sore until next week. But the good thing about posting my progress? Now I just have to complete my progress.

Here's hoping I reach my goal by June!

For an idea of what I am doing for a whole month until I adapt?

Here's a video of it:

I'm doing as much of these as I can M/W/F! I can increase the weight for them too because my college gym has multiple weights at varying pounds! Try them out, nothing burns like proper form.

Let me become a dork! I am 1/3 from getting to level 1! And...... level 99 will be when I am lifting 100 pounds.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Posture for the Squat is good. Considering I've done them as a kid and all... or the squat is probably my favorite bodyweight exercises... it's a natural movement.

Deadlift, not as much, still trying though!

Being strict with the counting, I only did the squats correct, the deadlifts, not so much. 75 squat motions done correctly, 0 deadlifts motions done correctly. OUCH. But it's a learning process.

My butt wasn't touching the dowels... other than that I got a good workout. I'll be continuing the movement for quite sometime.

I think the natural tendency for learning the deadlift like this is that the knees will naturally bend the further down I move with my upper body... at least... that is what I am seeing with the videos of these motions. I've been keeping my legs fairly straight for the deadlift motions, and I don't think that is right. So that might be one reason why my motions aren't going far... and that the dowel isn't touching my butt. So I'll try that next time on Friday. I mean, the start of the deadlift is pretty much like an exaggerated squat (bent forward.) Just tried it... yep... I need to bend my knee to get that beginning deadlift posture.

Other than that, good workout, my arms are sore by holding the dowel, and my legs are sore by following the movement (as it should since that is the main targets.) The stretches I learned from the coach is still coming in handy. I can probably squat without much difficulty but god, all these people at the gym... at night time... please go away so I can squat and deadlift sometime in the future. :D

That, or I'll need to go to the gym at a better time... I was literally out of there in like 20-30 minutes.

Blah, let's cheat a little, 2/3, almost close to level 1 (Hey, I did learn that I need to bend my knee for next time!)

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

New idea, when I asked if there was any equipment that I could use with to properly do the correct form for the dowel without constantly holding it, the coach said somewhere along the lines of me needing to tape the damn dowel if I wanted to try it that way. I'll probably go buy a cheap dowel from Home Depot or Lowes... or something. There is a few that are 1in thick and 4 feet long(which should be more than enough for like a few dollars)

While I like the fact that me holding the dowel actually works my arm while I perform the movement, it would seem easier to just tape the dowel or belt it onto myself while I perform the deadlift movements.

Of course, things would be easier if I had my own barbell at home to test it on, so I know how far down I am suppose to move on. There are a few dowels in a specific room in the gym, but they don't allow us to bring it anywhere else let alone using the dowel along with trying a deadlift! lol

I can always pay a little out of my pocket to do the deadlift while having the coach watch me but :\

Other than that, 75 Squats, give or take 50 deadlift movements

Can I say level 1?

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sorry, haven't been updating this thing, think I am at level three? lol.

It has been pass February... and I still want to be able to be sure my movements are correct... so I'll be doing them a bit longer.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Best decision ever in adding the almonds to munch on throughout the day. I'd probably wouldn't notice that it was filling my stomach if I were to be eating my regularly scheduled meals. I am probably going to make it a habit to finish a cup of almond and a granola bar every day. It isn't as fulling as I thought it'd me. I think it is because it takes absolutely forever that when I do finish the almonds, I can eat other meals regularly.

I think I got around 1800 today... maybe even more..... half of it being from the almonds.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Learning about pacing, jogged a whole mile without needing to walk. If I keep this up, I'd be able to jog it on an even a shorter time. My fastest time in high school for the mile run was 6:17. And I practically paced myself with two people that were slightly ahead of me, making sure I didn't walk (no such thinking as breaking my wind.)

End goal is to continually run 2 miles on a pace. Other than that, I already slogged two miles before getting ready for the day, 1 mile walking back and forth to my jogging place, 1 mile jogging. I plan to do 2 mile jogging, 1 mile walking in the coming weeks.

Push-up and dowels, lol. I can't do certain stretches with my dowel because of the soreness from push-ups. My End-goal for Push-Ups is around 40.

Now I'm hungry in the mornings....

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's become a sport or something, how much can I stuff myself before eating almonds. I went through about 1,800 calories before I started eating almonds today.... once I finish the bag of almonds.... calories would be around 2700, and dinner hasn't even started yet.... I might steal a pre-midnight snack before sleeping. People say nuts and almonds are fulfilling, but man.... can I stuff them no matter how full I get. Besides the bland taste of almonds, it is easy to down 3-4 of them every 10-20 seconds, but the taste is alllllll soooooooo neutral I don't taste any salt or sugar..... just.... roasted almonds.

I started jogging about 1 mile and 1/2... and walking about 1/2 miles.... excluding the mile walk from and to home for running. I plan to do a 1/2 mile warm-up, 2 mile jog, and 1/2 mile cool down in the coming months. Gotta do it early in the morning, spring/summer heat has come..... 80-90 degree weather in the afternoon. Love the weather when I am not exercising, but when I am damn....

Pushups are the biggest pain, but I am taking it one day at a time. I've been trying to do them properly instead of doing them quickly but improperly (keeping the back straight the whole time. I am trying to follow the 100 push ups plan though. Once I can get to at least fifty, I'll probably set myself on doing 50 push ups in as little sets as possible.

Ummmm, it seems my original plan has changed since then. I'll be doing the other exercises when I am done here.