• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

prpl engages in possible cannabalism

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
ok I'm doing this, my goal is to eat 3 meals a day at normal times instead of eat 1 meal around noon and and the other between 10 and 11 pm and add more fruits and veggies and lean protein such as chicken. I don't really know how much I weigh nor have a scale I just want to get in better eating habits. If i keep up with this I'll be impressed. It's not starting til thursday as that is the next time I'm able to go to the store my diet consists of pasta and cereal pretty much right now. it should be interested as i have this strange phobia of i don't like eating around people I don't really like, and I live with 4 people i don't like and they've been home a lot recently

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Weight is just a number... there are more important markers (such as how you feel and your energy levels). It sounds like a pretty good goal to me. Good luck!

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I didn't make it to the store today, I might just start tracking my diet now so i can see how much i'm actually eating and get healthy stuff monday. I had to get a bus pass

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ever consider biking?? It's fun.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
didn't do so well today. I was out of the house from 7:20am til like 10 minutes ago and it's 7pm anyways
5:25 woke up, didn't have coffee, because the fucking filters disappeared and no one knows where they went, we had at least 50 yesterday
1:30-a bread roll with butter, 1/4th ribeye sandwich, a few fries (btw it was delicious and i had them box it up, but i lost the food somewhere)
3:30 red bull
7:00pm, part of a steak

will probably be edited later.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I need to eat more, but I want to weight til i go to the store and get healthy stuff. and I know I need to eat more, I might give up. Part of it is I feel like it's not ok for me to be fat, it's more than ok for you to be fat but not for me. and i'm too lazy to exercise ie I don't have motivation. I've done exercise in the past, and I noticed though it takes me awhile to actually get motivated, once I do I keep going until I feel like I'm going to pass out so i'm thinking I'll get healthy food and begin to eat healthy and continue walking everywhere. I just don't have a ride to the store except mon and thurs and thurs during grocery shopping was the only day someone could take me three towns up to get a bus pass. and yes I could walk and I don't mind walking except when I'm carrying a ton of groceries and I've been spoiled by getting rides.

woke up 6:30
coffee 8:00
water 11:00
half a grilled cheese with bacon and tomato and no more than 10 fries and dr.pepper 2:00
piece of pizza and mt.dew 8:30pm

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Heya, don't starve! Good on getting that bus pass, mobility = more options.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I got some salad stuff, fruit, chicken, frozen veggies, yogurt, sparkling water (la croix peach pear), pineapple juice, potatoes, almond milk. so eating healthy will commence today. I also got protein shakes for when I don't feel like eating but need to I can drink one of those.and I allowed my self one junk food so I got some honey mustard pretzel pieces

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sounds like a great haul. There is something goodly indulgent about buying healthy fresh stuff.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Sounds like a great haul. There is something goodly indulgent about buying healthy fresh stuff.

yeah I planned my meals and figured out how many calories total i would consume which is 934/964 minus 152 calories for 50 minutes of walking 782/812.which I can live with now, if I can discipline myself enough to eat all 3 meals it will be good, otherwise, not so much. I'm debating adding a protein shake, but what it'll come down to is I probably won't.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I so did not eat healthy, I was going to but i forgot about the party so I was gonna eat some chicken, a vegetable, and half a baked potato for dinner, instead I had pizza and cake. and I didn't walk either

2 Yogurt 320
1 protein shake 190
Piece of pizza 285
Sweet tea 34
Cheese cube 33
Piece of cake 239
1101 calories

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I might not do the calorie counting thing, because I consumed 1220 and only burned 153 I feel guilty about it. Because if I don't keep a scale and don't count calories I'm not like omg I've eaten too much. I think I'll just try to eat healthier. but when I weigh myself or count calories I guilt myself into not eating. if that makes sense.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I might not do the calorie counting thing, because I consumed 1220 and only burned 153 I feel guilty about it. Because if I don't keep a scale and don't count calories I'm not like omg I've eaten too much. I think I'll just try to eat healthier. but when I weigh myself or count calories I guilt myself into not eating. if that makes sense.

Yup. Better to chase health vs run away from guilt...

Counting calories can be useful when you are first learning about food, since it can be hard to believe that 3 cups of mixed greens = 20 calories, but a handful of walnuts can be something like 400+ calories. But once you get the basic idea down, I find it to be more of a hindrance than a help to most.

And actually, 1,220 calories isn't all that much. You burn a lot of calories simply be being alive, so you definitely burned more than 153 calories.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I have decided to replace soda with the la croix sparkling water. because I realized what a crave about soda is the bubbles. and the peach-pear flavor is really good has zero calories no artificial sweetners (which I hate artificial sweetners) and no sugar and no carbs

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I ended up counting calories here's my justification. I really don't know how many calories are in things. the down side to it, is I feel guilty if I consume more than a 1000, like i might gain all this weight, which I know isn't rational. Which I'll make myself puke if I feel I've eaten too much in a day, but if I don't count calories and over shoot and don't feel like I've eaten too much I won't. I have a really strange relationship with food. I want to be healthier. And I need to be ok with consuming more calories then I do . I'd rather smell and be around and cook food then actively eat it.
La croix peach pear sparkling water 0 calories
Salad-347 (which I only ate 3/4 of it but it filled up a whole bowl)
Lettuce 10 calories
Cucumber 4 calories
Onion 9 calories
Tomato 25 calories
Egg 78 calories
Dressing poppy seed- 131 calories
Croutons 5 calories
Honey ham-18 calories
Turkey breast- 10 calories
Cheese 57

2 cups coffee with creamer 42 cals
Chicken breast (Italian) 50 cal
Baked potato 161 with
Cheese 57
Sour cream 23
Butter 102
Green Beans 32
Pineapple Orange Juice 120

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Please be careful, prpl - 1,000 isn't a lot. One of my textbooks in college pointed to research that less than 800 calories will cause the body to restrict metabolism, which will hurt your energy levels, mood, and ability to lose/maintain weight. If you can make 1,500 calories your limit of guilt that would be an improvement, and more viable. Otherwise, you aren't giving yourself a lot of room for error.