• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

prpl engages in possible cannabalism

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
how about what if, I eat before I'm really close to passing out?

also now that I know how many calories are in things, I'm torn about eating now. so basically I should have never begun counting calories. Like I made an egg sandwhich for breakfast and I tried to leave ketchup off and just do tomato but it was too dry so i put both on. so I was at 227 before the ketchup after the ketchup i was at 246. and I was going to drink some pineapple juice but drank water because i felt that pineapple juice would be too many calories.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I counted calories today, and when I was in starbucks I was looking at everything and was like that's too many calories and didn't get anything to eat. since their drinks have sooo many calories already,848 btw and i'm going to bed. I didn't eat healthy at all today, i would feel a little better if I had eaten healthy. so this day was a fail

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ironically, that's actually a good example of counting calories. That 850 cal drink is nothing but sugar and fat, with little to no nutritional value. So might as well consider that a victory.

And yeah, eating before you pass out would be a good thing! One useful diet trick is to learn how to read your body's hunger cues, and that sounds like a pretty big one for you. (I get jittery and can't concentrate when I start getting really hungry, so that's my sign to grab a bite to eat ASAP.)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Ironically, that's actually a good example of counting calories. That 850 cal drink is nothing but sugar and fat, with little to no nutritional value. So might as well consider that a victory.

And yeah, eating before you pass out would be a good thing! One useful diet trick is to learn how to read your body's hunger cues, and that sounds like a pretty big one for you. (I get jittery and can't concentrate when I start getting really hungry, so that's my sign to grab a bite to eat ASAP.)
I know I'm hungry, it's just that I'm afraid that if i eat i'll gain weight, so that's why I don't eat until i absolutly have to, and then i'll eat just enough to not pass out. like I feel guilty for eating bread or cookies after doing the counting calories, which i might or might not be still doing. I took a shower tonight, and i was looking at myself and was thinking I need to lose weight, I'm huge I shouldn't have had that sandwich.

yeah let me clarify the 850 was for everything that day. I think the drink was 240. I got the drink but nothing else.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'm allowing myself pizza today. there's an awesome pizza place across the street that has this white pizza with spinach and ricotta that is to die for.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
didn't get pizza, my friend bailed last minute, so I had a small salad instead.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
So yesterday I was at 600 and I was determined to attempt to get a little more but it was 8 so I got up to 964 but I ate too much in a setting and felt like I was gonna puke.

Also my house mate was like you look really good you look skinnier no one here knows I'm going overboard on counting calories

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I did terrible today, I went to mcdonald's with a friend and consumed more calories than should be legal. so now that I did that I don't want to eat so I'm gonna avoid mcdonald's

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I agree with you that counting cals is not productive for you yet. It does more harm than good if you're obsessing about it. I know for me, I have to get my head right or nothing I do will matter in the long run (OR it'll be more harmful for me than if I did nothing).

So there's a thing called intuitive eating which in my ED group is talked about as an alternative to calorie counting for those of us who get hung up on numbers. You might like giving that a try. http://www.intuitiveeating.com/content/what-intuitive-eating

In that same group we are cautioned to count calories ONLY if we can think of foods as value neutral i.e. no "good" or "bad" foods. Food doesn't have a moral value- it's just food. Anything can be a good food if you eat it in moderation and it supports your goals. And we're told that in the beginning of counting calories, it should mainly be a way to make sure we are getting ENOUGH, not restricting. Only when we are mentally and emotionally ready is it recommended to start tracking things and eating to lose weight, and then only if your body actually needs to lose weight, which as far as I know, yours doesn't.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I ate like crap today and the days I was eating healthier food I wasn't getting head aches. so perhaps there's a correlation there? dunno. for the longest time I thought they were caffiene headaches but the past week I hadn't had time to drink caffiene, just drank enough to not fall asleep on the bus. like a half a cup of coffee and no headache. today I consume too much sodium and terrible headache. I don't add extra salt to things so the salt i consume is what's already in the food.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
didn't eat til 2 ate crap for a meal recovered with a salad well under a thousand calories. At the same time I have no appetite so I dunno.
coffee
gatorade
ramen
salad
water

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
so basically I can't get to the store to do a big trip til next thursday. so I'm gonna walk to target and get the stuff for chicken caesar wraps and coffee today. and just hold off on the rest. I'll just starve it's ok I don't need food I've been eating so little the past 2 months what's another week.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I managed to get boneless skinless chicken tenderloins,fruit cups,romaine,tomato,cucumber,cheddar,spinach herb tortillas, coffee, a lunch box and blue ice so now i can do chicken caesar wrap, fruit cup, and water for lunch tomorrow and monday. then thursday get ingredients for different wraps

chicken caesar wrap
-tortilla (1o in)
-grilled chicken (cut in the slim strips)
-red onion
-tomato
-romaine
-cucumber
-caesar dressing

cook chicken cool and cut into strips
Toss romaine in dressing
dice cucumber and tomato
put in tortilla roll up

a pecan apple goat cheese wrap
-pecans
-granny smith apples
-goat cheese
-smoked turkey breast
-spinach
-craisins
-tortilla
spread got cheese on inside of toritlla
dice 1/4th apple
tear turkey breast
put ingrediants in tortilla roll up

Hummus wrap
-hummus
-tzaki sauce
-cucumber
-lettuce
-onion
-olives
-feta
-spread humus on tortilla
-dice cucumber
-slice one slice of onion
-marinade cucumber in tzakiki for about 5 minutes
-put everything in tortilla and roll up

-cut olives in half

and that's all i've figured out for now, but i'm excited about them. I'll probably eat half for lunch and half for dinner

do you think I should add vanilla yogurt/plain yogurt to the goat cheese wrap, I'm just worried it's going to be dry with out something like that.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Those wraps sound tasty!

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'm still not eating enough, but have stopped counting calories.

my breakfast
-protein shake
-something with caffiene

my lunch tommorow (which I'm making tonight)
-la croix
-chicken caesar wrap (1/2 of one, the other half I'm having for dinner)
-fruit cup
-chocolate croissant for dessert

dinner
-water
-other half of the wrap
-something crunchy

I'm seeing if I plan out my meals each day if I'll actually eat enough food.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Those wraps DO sound awesome. My mouth is pretty much watering about that pecan apple goat cheese one right now.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Those wraps DO sound awesome. My mouth is pretty much watering about that pecan apple goat cheese one right now.

You should make it.

I didn't have breakfast because I slept a half hour pass when I needed to leave but I had a good lunch
Chicken Caesar wrap, fruit cup, sparkling water, and chocolate croissant, luckily I made it the night before so all I had to was grab the lunch box and put a blue ice in

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
fish wrap
-tilapia (or other similar fish)
-blackened seasoning
-corn and black been salsa
-tortilla
-avocado diced (i'll probably only use half of one, and eat the other half while making the wrap)
-Sour cream (optional)

prepare salsa
season raw tilapia with blackened seasoning on both sides cook for about 3 minutes in a preheated pan over medium heat with a table spoon of oil on both sides or until flakey
cool tilapia, and shred
put ingredients in tortilla and wrap up

I don't really have a recipe for the salsa I suppose you can either buy it store bought or make your own, I plan on using one that isn't tomato based.

today I skipped breakfast, but I also slept til 11 (it was glorius)
lunch
other half of the chicken caesar wrap and pineapple juice
plan for dinner: lemon pepper chicken, some sort of vegetable, baked potato

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
breakfast:
nothing, just coffee and water
lunch:
1/4th of burrito bowl from chipotle
root beer
dinner: