• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

prpl engages in possible cannabalism

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Please be careful, prpl - 1,000 isn't a lot. One of my textbooks in college pointed to research that less than 800 calories will cause the body to restrict metabolism, which will hurt your energy levels, mood, and ability to lose/maintain weight. If you can make 1,500 calories your limit of guilt that would be an improvement, and more viable. Otherwise, you aren't giving yourself a lot of room for error.

I did eat a yoghurt since I felt weak, and figured it better to not pass out. If I can walk at least 40 minutes a day I won't feel as guilty for consuming 1000-1500 calories

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
So I was telling my brother how if I'm running around I'll forget to eat until I'm about to pass out (or feel like I'm going to) and by that time I'm so close to home that it's like might aswell wait a little longer. so he suggested I take a protein shake and a piece of fruit with me figure out what would be a conveint time and set an alarm on my phone.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Those are good suggestions! Nuts and raisins (and other dried fruit, like cranberries or bananas) work well, too. Add some pumpkin seeds for protein, if you can handle them. I wasn't crazy about them at first, but over time have come to like them.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Water 0 cals
Watermelon 85 cals
1 cup coffee with creamer 21 cals
Protein shake 120 cals
French bread 150
Mushroom soup 340
Dr.pepper 16 oz 180
La croix 0 cals
Butter (1 pat) 36 cals
Yogurt 210
I was gonna have a salad for lunch, but I ended up going to panera and I rarely go and have a weakness for their soup.I wasn't going to eat the yogurt, but I figured I threw up earlier that I probably should, even though I didn't want to eat the yogurt. then i threw that up. so I don't know how many calories I've retained today.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Those are good suggestions! Nuts and raisins (and other dried fruit, like cranberries or bananas) work well, too. Add some pumpkin seeds for protein, if you can handle them. I wasn't crazy about them at first, but over time have come to like them.

I love pumpkin seeds

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I feel guilty if I consume more than a 1000, like i might gain all this weight, which I know isn't rational. Which I'll make myself puke if I feel I've eaten too much in a day, but if I don't count calories and over shoot and don't feel like I've eaten too much I won't.
Have you talked to your healthcare team about these thoughts? They can help you develop a more healthy attitude towards food, and can also help with the throwing up problem. It's easy to forget that too little food is actually more unhealthy than too much.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Have you talked to your healthcare team about these thoughts? They can help you develop a more healthy attitude towards food, and can also help with the throwing up problem. It's easy to forget that too little food is actually more unhealthy than too much.

no and I had every intention of eating a salad when I got home but literally everyone is in the kitchen so it's futile. I've been going since 8:30 am and I've only consumed 291 cals, so I as soon as I can I'm putting an egg on to boil and making a huge salad. it's now 7pm.plus i feel judged when I make food or eat food in front of the people I live with.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I love pumpkin seeds

Perfect! You wouldn't guess it, but they are a GREAT source of vegetarian protein. I add them, as well as beans, to all my salads for a boost in protein.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I made the salad, and looked at it went, nah I'll eat this later and put it in the fridge. So I plan on eating it before I go to bed, I just really don't feel like eating anything right now.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Redbull 110 cals
Water 0 cals
Chili Cheese Fritos 160
1 cup coffee with creamer 21 cals
Protein shake 190
la croix 0
Salad-347
Lettuce 10 calories
Cucumber 4 calories
Onion 9 calories
Tomato 25 calories
Egg 78 calories
Dressing poppy seed- 131 calories
Croutons 5 calories
Honey ham-18 calories
Turkey breast- 10 calories
Cheese 57
yogurt 220

I wasn't gonna eat the yogurt, but I saw it was only 828, I decided that I probably should. I have the day off tomorrow so I will eat 3 times tomorrow.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Purple, do you know what your basal metabolic rate is? That's basically how many calories you burn simply by being alive. (Being alive, it turns out, is pretty expensive calorie wise. You're heart pushes blood, your lungs breathe, your brain uses insane amounts of energy, etc etc etc.)

Here's a website that helps give you an idea of what it would be:
http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Purple, do you know what your basal metabolic rate is? That's basically how many calories you burn simply by being alive. (Being alive, it turns out, is pretty expensive calorie wise. You're heart pushes blood, your lungs breathe, your brain uses insane amounts of energy, etc etc etc.)

Here's a website that helps give you an idea of what it would be:
http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Okay, that should be your absolute minimum then. Anything less than that, and your body isn't getting enough energy for basic functionality. This forces your body to assume food is scarce, and it goes into a starvation mode. Your body quits functioning fully, and begins trying to just survive. Your metabolism slows way down, causing you to burn fewer calories.

The counter-intuitive aspect of this is that by eating too little food, your body begins fighting for every. single. calorie. It's very hard to lose and maintain weight under these circumstances.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Okay, that should be your absolute minimum then. Anything less than that, and your body isn't getting enough energy for basic functionality. This forces your body to assume food is scarce, and it goes into a starvation mode. Your body quits functioning fully, and begins trying to just survive. Your metabolism slows way down, causing you to burn fewer calories.

The counter-intuitive aspect of this is that by eating too little food, your body begins fighting for every. single. calorie. It's very hard to lose and maintain weight under these circumstances.

I know this, but I don't want to eat, and I'm scared if I over eat I'll gain weight so i figure under eating is better, but I don't know. I feel judged when I eat and also I feel guilty for eating more then 1000 calories. When I had access to a scale I was very obsessed with my weight and would freak if I gained weight. I tend to not do things like this because I know that I take it to the extreme. I was naive thinking I could handle it. I made a salad earlier decided I didn't want it, so it's in the fridge. I perceive myself as huge. I know under eating isn't good, but it's like a compulsion not to eat.

and I'm sure it's not helping that people are like "oh, you're losing weight, you look good"

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
so i did eat 3 meals but less calories than yesterday. I plan on eating again tonight, probably not a full meal. but if I go to bed (it's 9 oclock)

I'm seriously thinking of dropping out, because I went too far the other way.

Breakfast-302
2 Cups of Coffee with Creamer-42
Banana Nut Crunch-230
Almond Milk-30
Lunch-190
Protein Shake-190
Dinner-333
La croix-0 cals
Salad-333
Lettuce 10 calories
Cucumber 4 calories
Onion 9 calories
Tomato (1 campari) 13 calories
Egg 78 calories
Dressing Caesar- 160 calories
Croutons 5 calories
Honey ham (1/2 slice)-9 calories
Turkey breast (1/2 slice)- 5 calories
Cheese half a slice 40 cals

snack-255
pretzels-140
watermelon-85

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm seriously thinking of dropping out, because I went too far the other way.

I'd hate to see you drop out, but if that's the easiest way for you to start eating a little bit more, then I definitely understand. I'm worried about your health. If it's possible to just quit counting calories and quit weighing yourself, and instead focus on making small changes, then that may be an option as well. You know your limits better than I.

I wish you didn't feel guilty for eating more than 1,000 calories, though. :( Is it possible for you to identify where the guilt comes from? I'm not saying "don't feel guilty", I'm just asking if you are aware of why you feel guilty.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'd hate to see you drop out, but if that's the easiest way for you to start eating a little bit more, then I definitely understand. I'm worried about your health. If it's possible to just quit counting calories and quit weighing yourself, and instead focus on making small changes, then that may be an option as well. You know your limits better than I.

I wish you didn't feel guilty for eating more than 1,000 calories, though. :( Is it possible for you to identify where the guilt comes from? I'm not saying "don't feel guilty", I'm just asking if you are aware of why you feel guilty.

I'm not sure if it would help because I was thinking about in highschool i wouldn't eat and got down to 110 (i'm 5'7") and i went to the doctor and i had to go and get weighed every week and see a nutritionist. so once I'm in this mode it's hard for me to get out of, because I'll probably continuing counting calories even if I drop out. and it happens more when I have a lot going on. and I justify it because I'm like I have to much to do, no time to eat. even though there is.

I've not been really eating the past 2 months, though it was unhealthy when I did. So i figured if I ate healthy I'd be more motivated to eat more, didn't happen. And after I saw how many calories were in a sub from subway now I don't want to eat sandwiches. I got a reuben today and I debated whether or not I was gonna get a sandwich but the other day when I didn't eat all day around 5:30 I was really close to passing out gave in a got some fritos from the vending machine and I knew I wouldn't have another chance til 6 so I figured instead of embarrasing myself by passing out I'd eat something. But I felt guilty after eating it and wanted to puke (I only ate half) and because I was in public during digestion I didn't.
I just feel really uncomfortable gaining weight. I don't know why I feel guilty

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I wonder if I shoot for 500 per meals and just count calorie per meal and not the whole day if that would work better?
Cup of coffee with creamer 21
Half a reuben 232
Cream soda-190
Black coffee 1

Dinner-545
Chicken (1/2 serving)-70 (in my defense the texture seemed off even though it was cooked thoroughly)
Baked potato 161 with
Cheese 57
Sour cream 23
Butter 102
Green Beans 32
Pineapple orange juice 140
Snack-183
Pretzels 140
½ serving watermelon 43

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Would you find it easier to focus on eating more good stuff, than aiming for a certain number of calories? Maybe you could modify your goals to something like "eat breakfast every day" or "include a green vegetable in one meal every day", and try to forget the calories since you'll know you're eating healthier, which is the most important thing.

You know now that calorie counting can be a trigger for unhealthy thoughts, so maybe it's time to switch it up a bit and focus on getting more healthy food in you, so you can get enough nutrients for your body to run properly. If you're having problems giving up the calorie counting, I don't want to be too much of a nag, but again, there are people who can help you with that.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Would you find it easier to focus on eating more good stuff, than aiming for a certain number of calories? Maybe you could modify your goals to something like "eat breakfast every day" or "include a green vegetable in one meal every day", and try to forget the calories since you'll know you're eating healthier, which is the most important thing.

You know now that calorie counting can be a trigger for unhealthy thoughts, so maybe it's time to switch it up a bit and focus on getting more healthy food in you, so you can get enough nutrients for your body to run properly. If you're having problems giving up the calorie counting, I don't want to be too much of a nag, but again, there are people who can help you with that.
perhaps I could try that

it's not uncommon for me to become obsessed with something, not just food related.