• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Commence the Challenge. Lettuce Eat!

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm going to log and rate each day of the 2014 challenge. Hoping that this will help me stay motivated. In general this year, I have made it my goal to embrace the fluff. I am always very focused and almost always serious. So I have resolved to add more Se to my life.

And until I find a partner that will cook for me, I have started a salad club at work. It's called Lettuce Eat! That name is so corny, but I love it. :laugh:

I have 3 diet goals (4 including continuing the salad club), and 3 exercise goals (If you can even call them that) so far. They are extremely easy so that I stay motivated.

Diet

1) Drink more water daily. I know I don't drink enough.
2) Have some raw or steamed vegetables at least twice a week. (NOT including salad day, so technically 3 days a week!)
3) Take my time eating, chew more, and chew slower. Enjoy what I eat, and really take the time to taste the food I'm eating.

Exercise

1)Devote time to exercise at least once a week. (Eventually I want to build up to 4 or 5x a week.)

Including but not limited to:

a. Exercising with a coworker on lunch
b. yoga
c. walking/running with the dog
d. tai chi
e. my workout dvd

2) Do breathing exercises in the car, on the ride to work everyday to stay in the present moment and relax.
3) Do a moving meditation practice/or crunches once a week.

*Weekly Rates are based on a scale of 1 to 10. Daily Rates are based on a scale of 1 to 5. Goals and Rates are subject to change.

Last edited:

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Day 1: The 6th

Daily Rate: 2/5

I had a burger for the first time in over 6 months. Ha ha probably not the best day to have one, with just starting this an all :laugh:, but I ate it really slow and loved every minute of it. I found it quite difficult to eat slowly though. With everything, I am always shocked at how much I actually practice a bad habit/behavior when I try to stop it.

I did good on drinking water though.

No exercise.

Day 2: The 7th

I did the breathing in my car but not that long, so I'm not going to count it. That's a habit I've been working on the past couple months, cause when you drive a mountain everyday, it can get pretty tense, especially now in the snow.

Better today with the water.

I am going to want to step it up a little with my eating habits. *determined face*

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
As pun connoisseur, I approve.

And good luck!

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
As pun connoisseur, I approve.

And good luck!

Ha ha Thank you! And good luck to you too! :)

Day 3:

Daily Rate: 3/5

-I'm doing good with water.
-I had 1 outta 2 veggie req for the week
-I did 4 sets of 10 reps for crunches and I did stretches today. yay me.

I may consider adding daily stretching to the list. I always feel better afterwards. :thinking:

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Day 4:

Eh just water and I did ok at slowing down my eating. Still have to get more serious about it though. It's like I get so hungry cause I don't eat for so long, and then I get the feeling that I have to hurry while I eat. This is a harder habit to break than I thought.

I will hopefully be doing exercise tomorrow with a friend. yay.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Day 5:

Water: check
Eating slower: check
Exercise: check

I did 5 sets of 15 reps for crunches. And did about 15 push ups... I nearly died.

I have forgotten how bad my upper body strength is. :dont:

I didn't work the past 2 days so I didn't need to do my breathing.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Day 4:

Eh just water and I did ok at slowing down my eating. Still have to get more serious about it though. It's like I get so hungry cause I don't eat for so long, and then I get the feeling that I have to hurry while I eat. This is a harder habit to break than I thought.

I will hopefully be doing exercise tomorrow with a friend. yay.

It can help to concentrate on the taste and texture of the food as you chew. Gives your mind something else to think about instead of just how hungry you are.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It can help to concentrate on the taste and texture of the food as you chew. Gives your mind something else to think about instead of just how hungry you are.

Yes! That's exactly what I try to do. I just have let this habit go for too long, unchecked. I have become a person that wants instant gratification...and it's not just diet -wise :dont:

So I am really working on slowing down in a lot of ways, but I'm just so impatient. >.<

I can already feel a difference though. I get fuller faster. Which is awesome. :)

Thanks for the input!

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Day 6:

I did my breathing and ate slowly.

To be honest, I'm not sure why, but I'm just not feeling it. I'm not taking this seriously at all. :unsure:

I am normally pretty determined...and usually can break a habit pretty quickly. I know I must have some mental block about this or something.

I feel good today though.

I have gotten my sleep back on schedule...

So today's the last day I have left to eat more veggies. And I am going to do the salad thing for work today too. :)

I know my issue with food is convenience. If it's there I'll eat it, but outta sight outta mind. That, and I'm impatient. I'm working on that though.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Day 7:

Daily Rate: 5/5 Woot woot Biotches!

Week 1's conclusion:

The Badz:

-I seriously have a problem with eating my food fast.

The Goodz:

-I did 45 min walk. My legs were sooooo itchy :shock: I am soooo outta shape. May ass cheeks started to burn too. Phew. I know, I know...tmi. Oh well.

-I did my breathing exercises.

- I ate all my veggies for the week

-I did the salad club at work.

-Drank my water!

Week 2

Day 8:

yay.

-I drank the waterz
-I ate salad today
-I did my breathing

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Day: 9

-I did that work out that Ivy posted on her challenge blog. That 7 minute thing......Well the push ups. They do me in every time :dont:
-Did my breathing
-Drank my water

Didn't eat slow though.

And I am sore. It's the good sore though.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why do you wish to eat slowly?

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why do you wish to eat slowly?

I have realized that I do not take the time to enjoy my food while eating it. I also can't seem to really pick a favorite food. I eat because I'm bored. I over eat all the time. All the time. And in general I'm just trying to slow myself down a little in all areas of my life.

So I figured if I slowed down my eating, and really paid attention to it, I could figure out how much it takes me to get full. Really feel like what it feels like, before I get full, you know? So that I can stop myself. And figure out the difference between boredom and hunger. Between thirsty and hungry. Stuff like that. It's part of my goal to just add a healthy dose of Se to my life. You know like smell the roses kinda stuff. Or tell myself it's ok to add some fluff sometimes.

Also if I chew slowly I eat less. And if I chew more, the rest of my body doesn't have to work as hard to break it down. And I've been trying to be nicer to my body. I don't ever pay attention to it.

:laugh: I guess there's a lot of reasons. lol

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Day 10

Daily rate: 4/5 yay

-Drank the water
-Tasted the food
-Ate my veggies
-And I'm counting the cleaning I did for 1.5 hours today as my workout. If I was to rate the exercising today though, I would have rated it easy. I could still talk and sing while I was doing it. I also did 30 crunches.

I think I broke even today with calories. I looked it up. No that I'm really counting or anything. But usually the more I get into working out, the less I want to waste my workout on something with a lot of calories. Unless I have a craving. Watch out.

Still sore today. I'll be drinking extra water tonight and tomorrow.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Day 11

Daily Rate: 4/5

-Drank the water
-Ate the veggies
-Tasted most of my food.
-Did that 7 min workout, cause my friend couldn't walk today.

I'm not as sore today. Woot!

I did pretty good at meal portions today. I'm happy about that. :)

I still think that my eating habits are so unconscious. I think I want to try something new before I eat every meal, so that I can make a habit out of being thankful for it. I just seem to take food or granted. I hope to change that.

I read somewhere that the way to negate your flight or fight response, is by activating your relaxation response. I'm not sure if it will work, but I am going to try it before I eat every meal. Maybe it will help me slow down. The book even said it was best to do this especially before meals. I never found out why though.

It can't hurt, even if I doesn't work. The worst it can do is relax me. :laugh:

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Day 12

-Breathing exercise
-Mostly Ate slow today
-Drank the waterz

I forgot to do the relaxation response thing today. Ha ha I'm just waiting around til I get more serious about this I guess. lol

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Day: 13

Daily Rate: 5/5

-Lettuce Eat
-Veggies (not including the salad)
-Breathing ( I can feel myself being able to take deeper breathes :D )
-I tasted my food today. I'm getting better.
-Drank A LOT of water.

Yay for 5/5! :happy2:

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Haha, your Lettuce pun is Corny. 5/5, yay!

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Haha, your Lettuce pun is Corny. 5/5, yay!

I'm guessing she couldn't leaf the opportunity alone, and just tossed it out there...