• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Udog's Exercise Log

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Might as well give one of these a shot and see how helpful it is.

Current Weight: 270

Initial Goals:
1. Quit Eating Sugar
2. Resistance exercises 4x a week, and a 30+ minute light activity 1x a week.

I'll be doing Phase I of the P90X routine for the first 4 weeks. I haven't decided what I'll do for the second month just yet.

Day 1:

1. Success.
2. Back and Chest "complete". Did 30 minutes at 50% intensity.

For me, the first week is more about breaking the habits of lounging around than it is about pushing myself. I'll increase intensity and duration as the week progresses. Next week I'll begin full effort.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
God speed, Udog. I'm rooting for you!

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Thanks [MENTION=10714]Qlip[/MENTION] and :laugh:, thanks [MENTION=20337]MetalMoon[/MENTION]!

Tuesday:
1. No sugar, no flour: Success
2. 35 minutes Plyometric workout, at 50%-60% effort. I worked out a bit longer and harder than yesterday.

I did something today that I've been meaning to do for 2 years now, and afterward had a huge sugar craving. Then I realized that I was viewing sugar as a "reward" for good behavior. I'm going to have to think about something else I can reward myself... because fighting sugar cravings every time I do something good is going to cause problems down the line.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

1. Ate no sugar and no flour.
2. 37 minutes of Shoulders and Arms workout at, oh we'll say 64.3% effort.

Tomorrow will be an off day for me. I won't eat any sugary desserts, but I may allow pasta or pizza. If I end up crashing and having something sweet afterward, I'll make a note of it.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thursday (97)
1. No sugary sweets, but did have pizza. Still, I consider the day a success.
2. Rest day.

Friday (98)
1. Failed hard, here. Lots of junk food.
2. Didn't work out.

Saturday (97)
1. Success
2. Did Friday's Legs and Back P-90X workout. 32 minutes.

wolfy

awsm
Thursday (97)
1. No sugary sweets, but did have pizza. Still, I consider the day a success.
2. Rest day.

Friday (98)
1. Failed hard, here. Lots of junk food.
2. Didn't work out.

Saturday (97)
1. Success
2. Did Friday's Legs and Back P-90X workout. 32 minutes.

If you do cheat and eat sweets it doesn't hurt to have some protein with it.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If you do cheat and eat sweets it doesn't hurt to have some protein with it.

Good point! I did manage to eat some left over turkey meatballs when I got home. It definitely helps make myself feel a bit fuller.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Not a great day.

1. Visited family, who always has an assortment of tasty dessert treats available. I ended up pigging down on the banana-frosted banana bread. :doh:

2. No exercise.

So eh, not a great day.

This week wasn't terrible, but definitely room for improvement. Going to try and exercise in the morning - afternoon workouts are too tricky and I'm having trouble with consistency. My other goal is to avoid the trigger that led to the Friday binge.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Never too late to reboot. Keep at it!

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Current weight: 267.6

Mostly good day.

1. Mostly a success. Ended up going to Ruth's Chris - they were having a special 3 course meal (including a $38 steak) for $30. Part of that consisted of a small (but rich) portion of chocolate mousse. Overall though, I ate very well today so I'm not sweating this one.

2. Woke up early and did the full P90X workout this morning. (@ something between 50%-90% intensity.)

Sleep. Sleep is my main concern. I'm averaging 5.5 hours of sleep during the work week since I started this. Could become a problem if I don't fix that.

Last edited:

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Edited Monday's post with my weight.

I've modified my first goal from no sugar no flour to "no sugar, moderate flour". I'm discovering that a slice (even if it's a bigger slice) of pizza actually reduces my craving for desserts. Of course, much more than that triggers a craving. So moderation is critical, here.

Also, someone brought in donuts to work for our 2 hour weekly meeting this morning. And then left them next to the refrigerator. If that wasn't enough, my boss is retiring so we had cake. I managed to avoid all of it! :yay: Although it was definitely getting harder to walk by the donut/cake dessert as the day went on. I may or may not make it through tomorrow.

ANYWAY, Tuesday and Wednesday's report:
1. Had slice of pizza each day, and soft pretzel on Tuesday. No sweets.
2. Did 40 minutes of the P-90X routines both mornings. I'm going to have to set my alarm clock 30 minutes earlier so I can finish the whole thing. Next week...

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

1. Finally caved in with all the junk food at work. (Having a nasty little head-ache didn't help. Once I ate some of the junk it went away, and it then came to me that I may have been having a sort of withdrawal symptom. D'oh!) Anyways, had 4 donuts throughout the work day.
2. Planned day off.

At the moment, I'm doing very well with keeping only healthy food nearby. However, I'm still struggling with situations where someone else provides the junk food. It's happened 3 times in the past 7 days, so if this keeps up I'll need to do something to try and reduce that number.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
*scolds Udog* 4 donuts! You better shape up!

FYI, I am aware of the pizza effect, or anything with fatty foods. There's a breaking point where my body just wants to binge.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

*scolds Udog* 4 donuts! You better shape up!

If I keep eating donuts I'll definitely shape up... round is a shape, too!

Not a great 3 days: I ate junk on Friday and missed my workout. Ate junk on Saturday, too.

Sunday was a good day. Planned rest (not that I deserved it!) and no sugar / flour.

I did learn that I have 1 day of will power, and once I use it, I'm pretty much going to eat whatever junk is in front of my face. Now that I know that limit, my goal is to increase it slightly, and be more blunt with people that try to feed me junk. I seem to have several in my life. I especially hate it when people get angry with me when I say "no, thanks". I've had that happen a few times over the past month...

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Mondays are easy.

1. Done (no sugar, no flour)
2. Done (full P-90X workout, plus Ab workout afterward completed this morning. Good intensity, but not yet 100%.)

Weight: 266.4

Last edited:

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Tuesdays are easy as well.

1. No sugar
2. Did 35 minutes of the P-90X Plyo workout. Higher intensity than last week, but I was struggling this morning. I wanted to do the whole thing, but burned out at the 35 minute mark and called it quits.

I didn't have any major sugar cravings today, either. Minor ones, but I managed them easily. I am starting to take inspiration from how I quit drinking soda 4-5 months ago, and it's helping. The key was to a) let myself be sad, miss, and mourn over the lack of soda in my life and b) find something healthier to replace the cravings. With soda, I would have a cup of green tea when the cravings were really strong. So far, a slice of pizza seems to do the trick, but we'll see.

The hardest part is that for so long, dessert was the only "nice" thing in my life that gave me a moment of happiness. Letting that go is hard, although I'm hoping that it will ultimately help motivate me to find something else to take its place.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

No thoughts today; just tracking:

Wednesday
1. No sweets, had a slice of pizza and a pretzel (with carrots and hummus to round it out a bit), though.
2. Did the full P-90X workout, as well as an ab workout after.

Thursday
1. Went to a cooking class, that served some cheeses sweetened with raspberries and jelly as one of the items we prepared. Nothing too bad though, I had a little bit of that. No binging on sweets like I have every other Thursday, so I'll call it a win.
2. Scheduled day off.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The hardest part is that for so long, dessert was the only "nice" thing in my life that gave me a moment of happiness. Letting that go is hard, although I'm hoping that it will ultimately help motivate me to find something else to take its place.

Maybe you could try replacing it with a ritual that's still a little decadent/sweet, but a big improvement on before? Like a square of dark chocolate, or a warm cup of tea with honey? I guess it depends whether you're the personality that prefers to go cold turkey on things like sugar, vs. just minimizing them drastically. Maybe a really sweet fruit like berries would do the trick, too.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Maybe you could try replacing it with a ritual that's still a little decadent/sweet, but a big improvement on before? Like a square of dark chocolate, or a warm cup of tea with honey? I guess it depends whether you're the personality that prefers to go cold turkey on things like sugar, vs. just minimizing them drastically. Maybe a really sweet fruit like berries would do the trick, too.

Unfortunately, that doesn't work for me for the most part. I actually do seem to be able to have very small amounts of sweets without triggering a major craving, but it doesn't really satisfy cravings either. It works best if the sweet is a small part of an otherwise filling and tasty meal. I don't refuse those opportunities when they occur (like last night), but I don't want to tempt fate by seeking them out, either.

A large, single slice of pizza works really well, though. I actually made it through the entire work week without succumbing to a binge (first week, woo!), and I'm pretty sure it's largely because of that slice of pizza I had on Wednesday.