• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

2014 TypeC Health and Exercise Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
[MENTION=1330]swordpath[/MENTION] I just saw that said ninja blender instead of teh nutri-bullet. The ninja has a nutribullet attachment, but I have both. The ninja doesn't grind the smoothies up as good as the nutribullet, so if you want it more smooth and juice-like just run it with a bit more liquid than you normally would and strain with a metal mesh strainer. It'll catch all the stuff that makes it icky to drink and leave you with nice smooth green stuff.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Been getting tired of eating the same stuff all the time, and I found out about a cool site that will generate meal plans based on calorie and macronutrient targets you give it. Highly recommended!

https://www.eatthismuch.com/

Also recommend Health-calc - Energy expenditure adv. for figuring out what your calorie target should be. I'm aiming for 1800 right now, which is about 500 calories under my TDEE of 2300, though I plan to bump it up a bit if I find myself hungry a lot. Slow is totally fine with me but miserable is not.

ygolo

My termites win
I've been done with weight loss for a few weeks now. Blood glucose still good after weight stabilization. My doctor said I don't need to lose anymore weight and that my hypertension nay be essential hypertension.

I think I may pick up regular meditation also. I've gone back to taking BP medication, but only a quarter of what I was taking before.

Now comes the hard part of maintaining the weight loss. For me, this means increasing my activity levels as I transition back to a less restricted diet. I probably should start journaling my food again... this time to make sure I'm getting enough. I might order the p90X thing people have been talking about.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Week 2 of P90X3 lean Down Son!! Raaahhwwrrr!!

Thanksgiving dinner is a great balance of healthy and not-so-healthy foods this year, so everyone can choose their own options. Lots of veggies cooked healthy, potatoes not so healthy and stuffing inbetween with high calorie but fresh wholesome ingredients, fried meat and smoked meat, and wholesome pies and stereotypical store pies.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Checking in for the past week...
I had company in the house using my workout space, so I ended up not doing my Tuesday or Thursday workout,
but I did last Sunday and today.
Also I think I did my ab crunches on only half the days of the week.
I ate a lot. I hope I didn't gain more than 2 pounds.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
groan...
I'm not doing my workout today because my knee isn't well
and because I have an upset stomach... and I'm a little depressed.
I did my Tuesday workout on Wednesday because Tuesday was too busy,
but then I should have done it on Friday, but I didn't.

I did my ab crunches all week.

I need to stop eating too close to bedtime.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Food eating is all fine and well.

Missed about 3 days of working out in total.. Today I'm going to do Dynamix, but Isometrix and Agility both got missed. :( But it's finals week. I expected it. I'm surprised I only missed two. Also I'm glad I give myself 10 days to complete 7 day workouts, because the schedule is more flexible. I like the idea of being able to flex it more for school. :)

My sister had her 30 day weigh in.
225 lbs, up 5 lbs from 220
.75 inches lost overall from body measurements

She was pretty upset about the weight gain, but I told her that would happen. She doesn't eat enough.. you start trying to amp up your metabolism without adequate calories consistently, your body's going to cling desperately to them. She's going to feel like garbage in 15 days when she starts phase 2 of P90 if she doesn't eat enough now. We're going to work on some healthy snacks she can eat quickly to make up for the calorie deficit.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Better week than last week...
I did my Tuesday and Thursday full body workout and my ab crunches every day.
However, today I had to quit after the upper body because I had stuff to do,
and even though I intended to finish later, I didn't.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Finals inevitably messes up my routine no matter what I do to prep for it. :laugh: So, I did not do any working out since last week. However, Today's a new day, and it also starts a new routine and I'm just going to keep moving forward on it all. I'm lucky that the didactic classes are all finished, meaning my clinical classes miiiight free up my time for spacing and pacing my NCLEX studies and my health routine.

I WAS eating far too few calories this week all week as well. :( And trying to make up for them last minute all the time doesn't really work either. But! I went grocery shopping, got some mats, and now I'll be chowin' down on oats, and sandwiches, and some vegetable soups and tacos and sushi. :) Yay!

Some things they don't tell you about what a pain in the ass it is to be well hydrated:
- You go through a 2 week binge phase. It's almost impossible to drink and drink and not feel full constantly so you have to just chug water two hours before and after meals so that you'll be hungry enough to eat sufficient calories... and you'll pee like crazy, ALL the time, during this phase.
- Missing a day messes it all up. Lord forbid a month after drinking sufficient water I should revert back for 24 hours to a time I drank maybe half the amount I should. Chapped lips, sores in the mouth, smelly armpit sweat, sore throat when I wake up, nose irritated, the whole nine yards. I felt like garbage!
- Needing to pee every 2-4 hours (like you're suppose to) is not conducive to .. say.. hiking or wandering around for hours.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Things I did:
- Chopped wood
- Scrubbed things

Things I ate:
- Tons of cheese because it tastes awesome
- Oatmeal.. s'mores flavored
- Bacon egg tacos
- Potato and sausage soup

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
This is the first holiday season that I'm enjoying without a sense of dread about how hard it will be to resist goodies and how much I'll binge when I lose my resolve to resist them. It feels amazing to have what I think are normal feelings about food, finally.

I was stuck (or, reframing, "recalibrating") from July to October weight-wise but since I started the 4-month program in late October it seems to be creeping downward again, slowly. Very slowly- like five pounds since I started two months ago, so not the rapid weight loss I used to think was the goal. But I'm pleased. The gym portion is fun- I feel like a badass.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
This is the first holiday season that I'm enjoying without a sense of dread about how hard it will be to resist goodies and how much I'll binge when I lose my resolve to resist them. It feels amazing to have what I think are normal feelings about food, finally.

I was stuck (or, reframing, "recalibrating") from July to October weight-wise but since I started the 4-month program in late October it seems to be creeping downward again, slowly. Very slowly- like five pounds since I started two months ago, so not the rapid weight loss I used to think was the goal. But I'm pleased. The gym portion is fun- I feel like a badass.

Really fun stuff. I like reading about your mental adventures into food.. it makes me happy seeing people positive about eating. It really is one of those things that can be both a necessity and a pleasure while still being healthy and great feeling.

Last year I went all-out on Christmas... beautiful duck dinner at a fancy place in the middle of a classy part of D.C. It was expensive and soooo worth it. I think everyone should enjoy fancy food at least once. This year I don't know exactly what we're doing, but I think we're changing it up and doing Japanese food for Christmas with some fancy sushi rolls. :)

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
YES to fancy food. My husband's department's holiday party is at this restaurant on Friday- I can't wait!

Piedmont Restaurant | Inspired food

:hifive: Scoreboard Houston for fancy business dinners picking up the bill! I went to a fancy party once for business and I pretty much got to know the food servers on a first name basis I hung out by the food tables so long. (This is also my default for parties.. if you have food, I will be near the food until it is gone or I am uncomfortably full.)

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I missed Thursday's workout, so I did 2 out of 3.
Today I did my program with ankle weights on, which is a big deal for me
because a couple of weeks ago I could barely do the standing leg work with NO weights!
It's harder to keep the routine going when it gets interrupted by schedule changes.

For the last 4 years, I've been getting deep tissue massage for my neck and arm problems.
It's painful at times and NEVER relaxing.
Well, Thursday I got a Swedish massage and I haven't been that relaxed in YEARS!
I am thinking of switching to Swedish massage... I find it much more helpful for de-stressing.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I did 2 out of 3 full body workouts again... WITH the ankle weights on.
I did my 30 ab crunches every day.
My eating was horrendous over the holidays.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Food wise: I ate an entire juicy Lucy cowboy bacon hamburger on my own in 10 minutes. That pretty much describes my vacation lately.

Exercise wise: I've started stretching and I'm not hesitating to do lots of walking.

grey_beard

The Typing Tabby
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hi, is there going to be a 2015 TypeC Health Exercise Challenge Thread? :D

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I don't think anyone is setting up a new fitness challenge like the one Udog ran in 2014. I could just change the name of this thread to include 2015. :)

Permabanned

Status
Not open for further replies.