• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

2014 TypeC Health and Exercise Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I never got around to updating last week, so here are two weeks' worth. I had a short-notice trip out of state that really put a dent in available time. All in all, though, I managed to keep up with things reasonably well.

1. Improve eating habits, specifically eating between meals.
It's easier not to eat between meals, and overall to eat less, due to the warmer weather, so doing well on that count, travel notwithstanding. Lots of fresh fruit and veggies available, which I really enjoy, so easy to keep healthy snacks on hand.

2. Get more exercise: at least three times each week, in addition to martial arts practice.
Did only two workout video sessions each week, but also got in a bike ride and a walk last week, and a bike ride and two afternoons of yard work this week - cutting (by hand), hauling, and splitting wood, mostly. Exercise, outdoor time, and fun combined.

3. Weight loss.
Still stable - will be nice to lose a few more pounds over the summer . . .

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Oohh man! I got some new recipes to try out and I'll let you all know how they went, but today I did really good on my food (greens for ALL THE THINGS!) and I am LOVING P90X3! They had a workout called Dynamix today, and it was just so focused on strengthening, stretching and lengthening the hips and legs.. and I swear I needed it so bad I didn't even realize.. my muscles in my knees were locking up today because my leg muscles are so tight lately.

Also, red pepper spread is an amazing substance, and anyone looking for a high-flavor low-calorie spread to replace on their sandwiches, crackers, or anything, that stuff is the bomb.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Little late but:

Week 23

-Meh. I did not do very well with exercising. It was a stressful week at work. I just forgot to go on my walks during lunch.

-Eating was better though. So I'm glad about that. I realize, I lose more weight and also feel so much better when I eat a diet that has more protein in it.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't think I updated for last week. It was good! Happy to be back on track with my 3 days of bodyweight exercise. I switched to a new program on the third day and have been sticking with it this week. I like it so far, or maybe I just like change. Still haven't decided what I'm going to do while I'm travelling in Europe for all of July. Probably nothing, but we'll see.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
P90X3 is in full swing. I have worked out at least 3x a week, sometimes doing two workouts in a night (a high intensity followed by a low intensity, or the other way around, or sometimes even just two low intensity ones) and while I need to dig out my weights and pull up bar still, I'm really happy that I'm back on track working out in SOME way, shape, or form, even if I've lost a little sleep along the way.

Also, I have been FAIRLY within range on my myfitnesspal food tracker.
The highest calorie day: 1823
The lowest calorie day: 761
I had three days over the calorie count by +100, and three days of lower than the calorie count of <100 the goal, and today will end up right on the dot at 1185.

I figured out how to input recipes, so I've been using that more lately. It's really motivating.

Also, a cool 100 calorie dessert recipe for s'mores :) http://www.grocerybudget101.com/content.php/659-smores-cup-bites since it's summer time and all!

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Did my exercise program!! Yay! :static:

My eating habits are improving too! :)

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Went to a new nature trail to get my wiggles out of my system before studying this evening. That place is awesome, and comparable to my old running trails in terms of nature settings and such. More bugs to deal with, but it's cool. Nothing some bug spray can't fix.

On the menu this evening:
- Shrimp ceviche with hot sauce served with cucumber slices instead of crackers because I'm in the mood for cold stuff
- Grilled vegetable kabobs
- Miso vinaigrette mixed greens salad with chow mein noodles

And tonight I'm cooking up some baked breakfast cookies for breakfasts the next four days along with my oats, and lunch will consist of a buffalo chicken dip sandwich or a prosciutto/mozzarella/basil sandwich and low-sodium soup that I can keep in my school's fridge along with a lemon and some seasoning I can use for flavoring the soups. :) And a mason jar of mint/lime water now that I have some cool flip lids for the jars.

I really want to try to get some decent Popsicle makers too.. It'd be nice to get some orange mojito pops for after working out :)

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Another bad week for me. I'm starting to come too, though. Not out of discipline, but because my clothes are starting to get tight again. Oh well, if I can get back on track before I bow out I'll be happy.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Okay guys, this is the next to last check-in. Let's try to finish strong!

Week 24 Participation List
[MENTION=9811]Coriolis[/MENTION]
INTJMom
[MENTION=2]Ivy[/MENTION]
[MENTION=4324]Kasper[/MENTION]
kyuuei
Randomnity
Udog
Urarienev

Please provide an update if you haven't done so yet. Thanks!

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
^ Man, already next to the last?! It's crazy.. how fast time has gone with so little done. :/ I have to say I'm not very proud of myself. I'm at the same place I started--I lost, gained, lost, gained, and now I'm here.. with no muscles, no strength, no weight changes really, and just getting on track. Sad thing...

I only went 11 calories over today for my meals. Somehow. Miracle. :laugh: Tomorrow I'll be grocery shopping for some hot new dinners and lunches tomorrow too.. I don't know if I'll work out tonight since my tummy's upset, but I might just get a lower-intensity workout going and power it through.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
^ Man, already next to the last?! It's crazy.. how fast time has gone with so little done. :/ I have to say I'm not very proud of myself. I'm at the same place I started--I lost, gained, lost, gained, and now I'm here.. with no muscles, no strength, no weight changes really, and just getting on track. Sad thing...

I only went 11 calories over today for my meals. Somehow. Miracle. :laugh: Tomorrow I'll be grocery shopping for some hot new dinners and lunches tomorrow too.. I don't know if I'll work out tonight since my tummy's upset, but I might just get a lower-intensity workout going and power it through.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Week 24

I have not been doing as much exercise this week. Gonna try to start walking again during lunches. I have been ok with eating habits. I have been eating more protein, and drinking enough water so that I know I'm actually hungry, and not just thirsty. That's a huge improvement for me. I think I have come a very long way.

The only thing is, randomly, today I got shaky from low blood sugar. It's the first time in a while. I hate when that happens.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This was a decent week. I have been trying to increase the frequency of exercise even if at the expense of intensity. I would like to get into the habit of some reasonable physical activity almost every day, even if it's just a walk around my neighborhood, and then work to improve the quality of the exercise. Partly this is because the weather has been very nice, and I would prefer to do things outside than workout videos indoors. So, I have been walking, cycling, and doing yard work, and managed to do one or more of these on five days of the past week.

All of the extra time outdoors also keeps me away from food and actually gives me less appetite for less healthy items when I do come in to eat. My goal for the rest of the summer is to leverage all of this into good, solid habits that will last through the other seasons.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I was out of town for most of the past week- I consciously relaxed my standards a bit since we were on vacation so I went over a bit food-wise, but got a lot of extra activity (we walked everywhere in downtown Atlanta). So I think it was probably a wash, all told. Slept great, relaxed by the pool, didn't get a sunburn. Since it was an unusual week I'm going to skip the individual ratings and just call it a 6/7 week. :)

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Oops, forgot to post :blush:

Food and cardio are keeping up fine, dropped off on the weights a bit too much so have been working on that, my first personal deadline is Monday so will be changing things up after that.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Tooootally blew my diet with some mexican food.. I didn't know tacos were so bad for you.. I had them mexican style with onion and cilantro and pico and avocado.. but the chips and salsa sort of killed me.. and all the tortillas on top of them.. I just listed it all as a thousand calories. It was probably somewhere around there.

Going to work out for about an hour :) then it's shower time and getting ready for a whole new day. On the menu:
- Cheerio-style cereal for breakfast with vanilla almond milk with a pineapple.. the cereal is made out of different beans! It's really tasty though.
- Baking up some breakfast cookies for the next upcoming week of tests.
- A ginger brew to celebrate getting through this week while studying for the next.
- A ham and cheese sandwich with some broccoli soup
- Some whole chicken baked, cilantro lime cauliflower rice, and steamed brussel sprouts.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I did my exercise program today...
I did 20 ab crunches every morning this week...
and I am letting myself feel hungry and letting my stomach growl
instead of immediately putting something in it...
I think it will help me lose weight faster...
because 1 pound every 3 months is too slow for me....
but at least I'm not gaining weight!!

I am going to continue working on my goals and posting... I hope most of you do too. :hi:

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Good news everyone!

GOOD+NEWS.jpg

Turns out, despite all the ups, downs, inability to work out as much as I'd like to, and gaining nearly 10 lbs on that stupid raw food diet.. turns out I've lost my weight! I'm at 129, and working my way down to 125. I could start my muscle experiments soon :) which is cool!

I've been unable to have any room to grow, muscle wise, at 135 lbs. I fluctuate constantly between 130 - 135 in my normal everyday life. When I was at my fittest in Iraq, I was 126 lbs and all muscle. My hope is that I can find a happy medium at 130 lbs, where I have a decent amount of muscle that I can actually maintain without the muscles wasting away if I skip a day of hitting the weights or running more than usual that week. I'm guessing that my body has a hard time maintaining 5+ lbs of muscle AND 130 lbs as well... that they start to waste easily, and the caloric intake is too high for me to sustain. So maybe at 125 lbs, with goal to reach to 130 gain for muscle, that my body can actually manage that. We'll see how it goes.

:) anyways, I don't know how I did it but I've almost gotten there now! Yay! Thanks P90X3 + mfp!

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Week 25 (last week?)

Well if this is the last week.....

I have done a really nice job. I have lost 20 lbs since January. I'm really happy with myself. I have better habits all around. I have pretty much accomplished my long term goal which was to slowly change my eating and exercising habits so that it becomes a lifestyle. And not just some diet. Yay!

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Week 25 (last week?)

Well if this is the last week.....

I have done a really nice job. I have lost 20 lbs since January. I'm really happy with myself. I have better habits all around. I have pretty much accomplished my long term goal which was to slowly change my eating and exercising habits so that it becomes a lifestyle. And not just some diet. Yay!

Congratulations! That's fantastic! :static:

- - - Updated - - -

Good news everyone!

GOOD+NEWS.jpg

Turns out, despite all the ups, downs, inability to work out as much as I'd like to, and gaining nearly 10 lbs on that stupid raw food diet.. turns out I've lost my weight! I'm at 129, and working my way down to 125. I could start my muscle experiments soon :) which is cool!

I've been unable to have any room to grow, muscle wise, at 135 lbs. I fluctuate constantly between 130 - 135 in my normal everyday life. When I was at my fittest in Iraq, I was 126 lbs and all muscle. My hope is that I can find a happy medium at 130 lbs, where I have a decent amount of muscle that I can actually maintain without the muscles wasting away if I skip a day of hitting the weights or running more than usual that week. I'm guessing that my body has a hard time maintaining 5+ lbs of muscle AND 130 lbs as well... that they start to waste easily, and the caloric intake is too high for me to sustain. So maybe at 125 lbs, with goal to reach to 130 gain for muscle, that my body can actually manage that. We'll see how it goes.

:) anyways, I don't know how I did it but I've almost gotten there now! Yay! Thanks P90X3 + mfp!

You've done a lot of hard work kyuuei! Congrats! :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.