• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

2014 TypeC Health and Exercise Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Well, drinking some beautiful usually amazing tasting hazelnut milk ended up tasting like hazelbutt milk. Completely rotten. I have to take it back to a different store and get a different lot number of them. :( really gross. My tummy was sad allllll day from it.

Tonight everyone's having meatloaf for dinner.. I helped cook it and prep it, but I think I'll pass and chow down on a homemade burger + slaw and veggies. The beef is leaner in the hamburger. There's a grand opening on a grocery store, and I got 90% lean ground beef sirloin for $4 a tube instead of the usual $5something a tube. :) Just as I was running out of quick dinners/lunches for one.

Pro cool tip I saw online: You can make twice as many hamburgers for a dinner and freeze them individually in ziplock bags in the freezer. The bread freezes too, so you can make little packets... so you end up with a great tasting, healthier burger for an instant dinner that takes less than 10 minutes from freezer to table.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Great tip about the burgers...

I did my exercise program this morning!

I did my daily crunches except for yesterday.
And I have a girlfriend who - when she found out I was doing daily crunches - decided to start doing them, too! :)

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
^ Great stuff INTJmom I really wish I had a work out buddy. :( My mother is finally almost well enough to start working out again, at least to walk and all that. My sister has 4 more weeks and then I'm going to make her start dieting/exercising with me. I'm hoping I can start going to volleyball practice once a week and make some workout friends that way.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
How to make a piece of cake for under 200 calories:

- Any box cake, but I used super moist betty crocker cake
- 1 12oz bottle/can of soda. I used Maine root root beer.

Mix, bake as directed on the box, and boom! The french vanilla mix is 160 calories for 10 servings, and the root beer was 165 calories for a bottle.

For tastier icing without all the sweetness but all the flavor, use cool whip and/or whipped topping homemade + a packet of this stuff (I used the mocha one), and mix it together and ice the cake with it.

frosting-creations-orange-creme-flavor-mix_detail.jpg

Inspiration came from here: All The Cakes You Can Make With Just A Box Of Cake Mix And A Bottle Of Soda

I also tried a black bean burger for the first time today. I have to say, it was really tasty for my first attempt. I wish I had dried the beans more, as there was too much moisture in my burgers, but overall even though it came out squishy it tasted really amazing, and it wasn't as dry as a regular hamburger. If you're looking for a light sandwich, it's a cool thing to check out.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
My favorite motivation charged work out girl is doing a 7 day challenge! I love it :) and I'm excited and I want to do it too!! So I'm going to try my hardest!

I was so excited about starting out riding my bike to school--but the free bike I got needs work.. :doh: I have to fix a slow leak in the tire, calibrate the chain, and fix whatever is wrong with the mechanism shifting gears on its own. It's a heavy, bulky bike, definitely NOT what I want out of a bike of my own. Still, it was free and a lovely eccentric girl let me borrow it so I guess I'll give it to her in better shape than I got it at least.

If I mess up the paint job I'll sand it and paint it.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
How to make a piece of cake for under 200 calories:

- Any box cake, but I used super moist betty crocker cake
- 1 12oz bottle/can of soda. I used Maine root root beer.

Mix, bake as directed on the box, and boom! The french vanilla mix is 160 calories for 10 servings, and the root beer was 165 calories for a bottle.

For tastier icing without all the sweetness but all the flavor, use cool whip and/or whipped topping homemade + a packet of this stuff (I used the mocha one), and mix it together and ice the cake with it.

frosting-creations-orange-creme-flavor-mix_detail.jpg

Inspiration came from here: All The Cakes You Can Make With Just A Box Of Cake Mix And A Bottle Of Soda
:worthy: Damn gurl. I'm bookmarking that.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, what's nice is when I was sick as a dog, I lost 5lbs....so that's kool :)

Other than that, I have not been keeping up very well with food or exercising.

I have a plan to start running though as soon as I'm settled in my new place. I found a workout buddy to accompany me as well! I'm excited about that!

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Today I'm not on the bandwagon of clean eating necessarily... but I did do day 1 of the workout challenge.

I've got some preeeetty clear-cut goals now.
Week 1 (starting today): Clean eating for breakfast, 30 second rounds of betty rocker moves.
Week 2: Clean eating lunch and breakfast, 45 second rounds.
Week 3: Clean eating for all three meals, 1 minute rounds.
Week 4: Start a P90X3 routine and add clean eating to my snacks as well.

The moves were 3 rounds of 30 seconds each today:
Plank pose, superman, mountain climbers, tricep dips, jump squats, single leg elevated bridge lifts, jump switch lunge.

Whoo! I could do them in my room was the best part :) no one to disturb me.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Report for last week: so-so. 2/3 bodyweight workout days done. I keep skipping Sun every single week. I don't know why, I've just felt so tired and out of it every Sunday. I'm still aiming to get back to 3 days a week, but I'm still happy to be maintaining 2 days pretty consistently - could be worse, and I'm still hanging on to the habit.

Also had a big setback with food - for the entire long weekend I sat on the couch reading and ate almost literally continuously, I didn't track it but I'd guess considerably over 2000 cal/day. 2500-3000 even wouldn't surprise me. I have no idea why. I was watching myself do it, knowing that I wasn't hungry and wasn't even bored really, wasn't craving anything specific, just had this weird but strong compulsion to eat/be full. I don't know. I have a weird thing where I crave a really overfull-feeling stomach sometimes, no idea why. Maybe boredom, maybe some weird psychology thing.

Anyway, by Mon the scale had moved up 6 lbs since Fri (a new low weight which got me foolishly excited), and I've still been at 4-6 lbs higher throughout this week, so I suspect it is a real change. I have no idea how that quick of a gain is even physically possible, other than maybe being more bloated than usual - there is a noticeable increase of my waist/stomach area, ugh. End result is that I seem to be back where I was in June, after losing weight slowly throughout July and Aug. So I guess it could be worse, but it's a bit annoying. Might need to focus on food more, and figure out how to avoid the weird binge-y days. Will also have to take some circumference measurements sometime to see where I'm at with those, since that's really what I care about most, even though it's harder to measure than the scale - haven't looked since ~May.

Thinking about signing up for one of those "all you can yoga for a month" intro deals this fall, since there are a few around for ~50$. My impressions of yoga have been mixed, but I think I'd enjoy some varieties of it. I'm only signing up for one sports team this fall (vball) so I'll have lots of extra time, and I'm a little too injured to do most activities, unfortunately.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Hmm.. No day 2 work out, today's challenge is to try a green smoothie.. Soooooo I'm going to throw one together this evening! I did go walking for about 20 minutes today, which is pitifully minimal.

Food wise: My favorite tortillas are on a massive sale today and tomorrow, so I'm stocking up now while they're $2 off their normal cost! <3 Fresh corn/flour tortillas whenever I want?! Yes please!

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
right arm injured from mouse
can't type too much
did my workout
need to cut back on late night pop corn
I think I'm getting fat

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I got all pouty because people called me skinny at a party and it really discouraged me... and the truth is they're probably right. At the same time, this morning I realized it's up to me to fix that if I really want to...

Today's challenge was to drink enough water. I'm tweaking the challenges though so I can get back into weight training a bit faster. So, I'm thinking for this week:
- Tonight I'm going to do my workout as scheduled--the day 1 exercise with the bonus circuit.
- Tomorrow, I'm riding my bike 6.4 miles to school and back again. Then I think I'll do the pizza party workout as soon as I get home.
- Tuesday I'll do P90X arms training circuit + abs
- Wednesday I'll go running and do some betty rocker moves on the way back.
- Thursday will be biking 6.4 miles and little else because I have a major exam the next day.
- Friday I'll do p90x legs weight training + abs
- Saturday is yoga/stretch day.
- Sunday I ain't doin NOTHIN'.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
ok...
are you trying to gain weight?
"skinny" can be a relative term.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
ok...
are you trying to gain weight?
"skinny" can be a relative term.

Generally speaking I associate it with negativity. To emphasize this point, I'll point out a conversation at dinner the next day after the party:
Person 1: "Not like so-and-so.. she's skinny."
Person 2: "Yeah I don't want a girl that's just bones and skin."
Person 1: "I mean, she's naturally like that, but it's just too thin."

It's just not generally a great thing in some aspects of the South, and I play into that.. I don't mind people being skinny, but it isn't something I find attractive in myself nor something desirable as I exercise.

Remember all those ambitions I had for working out? :laugh: I don't know wtf it is with school constantly getting in the way of it all... I really don't. My book came in, and I'm hoping I can still go running tonight depending on how fast I read it all without my brain exploding.

ygolo

My termites win
I met my goal weight a couple of weeks ago. I thought I'd try to gain back some muscle but I didn't do it very disciplined.

I am going to try to get my body fat percentage down, continuing on the weight loss--I won't be underweight when I am done. I am estimating another three to four weeks. The health reason is that, even though I am off my blood pressure medication, it is a bit elevated.

The loss of muscle, however, means I need to increase the intensity or duration of exercise. I haven't decided yet what to do. I think I'll do 30 minutes on a treadmill, and/or wearing a pedometer and making sure I am actually still get 8 miles of walking a day.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
So proud of my sister! She agreed to start a fitness challenge led by yours truly! So I'm giving her small goals each week. This week: do one work out appropriate for post-baby stuff this week, drink 5 glasses of water a day, switch to healthier drinks, and eat a clean foods healthy breakfast each morning. Seems like a lot, but it's pretty simple..

As for me, I need to stop skipping meals. That's usually not a problem for me, but this school schedule has me pretty haggard trying to save money AND do just as well. ._.p I am eating fairly clean, have the past few days (eating black bean burgers I made and frozen brown-rice dinners with power greens salads when everyone else is eating pizza) so that's good... I need to kick up my water intake though. I think not working out doesn't help that.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
arm still in pain
decided to change lifestyle...
will have to exercise arms 3-4 times per week
do stretching on the alternate days
one day off

I need these tendinitis flare-ups to stop happening.

I was successful in reaching my goals last week.
This week will be a lot tougher.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I reached last weeks goals.
It's harder this week because with all the appointments for doctors, chiropractors and such after work, by the time I get home, my stomach is growling and it's late.
My goal is to exercise first before I eat because I am more likely to be motivated to do it right away and it's so hard to exercise on a full stomach.
I will have to re-think my plan, but I think I will have to exercise 3 times a week.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I've been eating really healthy :) staying on track and eating 50% clean food right now! My snacks are all home grown/raw/homemade and while breakfast is processed it is minimally processed and really delicious.

I was trying to think of healthy snacks to have at my nephew's birthday, which I'm planning, and I think these are going to be what I make (though I'll switch out the raw pumpkin for pumpkin puree) for thanksgiving as my contribution. :) I'm going to find a way to make my pumpkin bread stuffing healthier as well... I know I can do it! That stuff is RIDIC on calories. :D and oh so yummy.

Today: I'm working out with my sister whether she likes it or not. And getting her ass back into gear for posting her food online.

Status
Not open for further replies.