• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Chaotic Harmony's New Booty!

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm finally back on the fitness wagon after falling off of it numerous times! I've picked up my personal trainer again, I'm eating better, and I'm putting my gym membership to use. I'm actually slowly easing my way into a raw/organic lifestyle. It can be challenging, because the area I live in hasn't fully embraced the organic foods. We have a couple of organic friendly stores, but their hours make shopping there a challenge, except on the weekends. The cost is also another big killer, so I'll really have to watch my budget.

So far, so good. I started on January 23 and I'm already down 5.5 pounds. :D

Lark

I'm finally back on the fitness wagon after falling off of it numerous times! I've picked up my personal trainer again, I'm eating better, and I'm putting my gym membership to use. I'm actually slowly easing my way into a raw/organic lifestyle. It can be challenging, because the area I live in hasn't fully embraced the organic foods. We have a couple of organic friendly stores, but their hours make shopping there a challenge, except on the weekends. The cost is also another big killer, so I'll really have to watch my budget.

So far, so good. I started on January 23 and I'm already down 5.5 pounds. :D

I've tried the paleo diet, although the "lifestyle" was more interesting to me than the diet per se, but most of the sources I've read suggest that the best diet for my health (I'm a type 2 diabetic who's still losing weight to achieve BMI perfect) are meditteranean (spelling) or Japanese and I dont know a lot about either.

Glad to hear you're on the health and fitness wagon again, I find it needs to be a totally holistic thing, integrated into everything, therefore not needing so much conscious thought as to make it detestable or irritating.

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
I've tried the paleo diet, although the "lifestyle" was more interesting to me than the diet per se, but most of the sources I've read suggest that the best diet for my health (I'm a type 2 diabetic who's still losing weight to achieve BMI perfect) are meditteranean (spelling) or Japanese and I dont know a lot about either.

Glad to hear you're on the health and fitness wagon again, I find it needs to be a totally holistic thing, integrated into everything, therefore not needing so much conscious thought as to make it detestable or irritating.

Yeah, the paleo lifestyle is kind of interesting to me. So far, I really enjoy the raw lifestyle. Getting raw milk is a challenge, so I tend to stick with coconut or almond milk instead. I vaguely looked into the Mediterranean diet, but hadn't heard of the Japanese one.

Last night I got some seriously funny looks from family. We went to my nephew's birthday party, and they ordered a bunch of pizzas. I walked in with a salad for me. I took a lot of abuse for it, but hey it's my decision to eat healthy and if they want to poke fun at me over it that's fine.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I want to eat healthier!! Maybe you will inspire me to do so.

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
I want to eat healthier!! Maybe you will inspire me to do so.

It can be hard to resist the temptation when it's constantly shoved in your face, but I managed to stand my ground yesterday! It helps to resist temptation when I'm back into working out and taking walking breaks, too. :D

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
Last night was probably the best session I've ever had with my trainer. I definitely felt the burn in my core all night, and even still this morning! Not to mention my arms are still a little wimpy this morning. And my quads are still kicking my ass as well. :D

Started the morning off with an all natural/raw/organic chocolate banana nut smoothie. I do believe it has changed my mind about smoothies! Tomorrow morning I'll be trying a smoothie with kale in it... Not so sure about that one... Hoping the berries in it cover up the kale flavor. :unsure:

So far since starting, I'm down seven pounds. Here's to hoping I can break the ten pound marker by next week!

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
Negative on the breaking the ten pound marker, but at least I didn't gain. I stayed the same. I'm not really surprising, given Mother Nature delivered my monthly gift. :dry: Knowing that it was coming I've been resisting all my usual PMS temptations... The Girl Scout cookies still remain unopened. My dark chocolate pomegranates are still unopened. I didn't eat junk every single date, just on my cheat meal. :newwink:

I even got a new hair cut to make myself feel better about my looks. Oddly enough, that's helped me with my confidence and energy. I think I'm thriving off all the compliments I've been getting. Especially considering a lot of them are coming from people I don't even know. :shock: I also noticed that my pants are fitting a little looser than they have been lately. So, if I can just push through this week I think I'll be able to stay on track.

I wish my gym wasn't near as crowded as it is. I may have to start breaking out the workout DVDs if it doesn't lighten up soon. Not sure what's happened at my gym, but all of a sudden it's been taken over my teens and kids... WTF?

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
It sounds crazy, but I'm shooting for a gallon of water consumed a day. So far of the 128 ounces I need, I'm at 104 oz once I finish off my current bottle of water. I'll likely get the last ounces needed at the gym tonight. I plan on spending at least an hour there. Time to push myself! I pushed myself past what I thought my limits were and I wasn't as sore as I thought I would be the next day. That tells me I didn't work hard enough.

W

WALMART

Seeing results is really something. Right now, I'm looking for foods I can eat in mass quantities that aren't totally unhealthy. I've never been able to drop my last few percentages of body fat, even when doing two-a-days in football. I think diet may be key.

Anyways, keep up the work! :)

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
The scale finally showed what my clothes were showing. Down another 1.5 lbs this morning. Just shy of the 10 lb marker. And tonight is a personal training night... So I'm definitely going to burn some calories tonight! And not have to deal with the gym. :D I love my gym...just not all the people there. To be honest, I'm surprised it's still crowded. Normally by mid-February all the "I'm going to lose weight for my resolution" people have dwindled away. Doesn't seem to be the case this year! :shock:

I'm on a pretty fruit and veggie heavy diet. We also aren't big red meat eaters in our family either, so we really only eat fish or chicken/turkey. I think that helps. My husband used to have crazy eating habits when he was into wrestling. He'd eat one of those Carl Buddig lunch meat packs for lunch and I think he said like an apple or something the whole day to make sure he'd meet his weight class. :huh: I'd be chugging a lot of water just to make sure I had something to make me feel full if I was doing that!!!

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
Time to buy new weights. The ones I have now aren't challenging me anymore. I get a break from the personal trainer this coming week as he is going to FL for Spring Break. I've been doing more interval training on the elliptical. I'm hoping to get a sitter so I can head out to the gym tonight.

I'm hoping my husband doesn't notice the transition over to the raw foods. I was able to slide organic in without much fuss, now to see if I can get the raw foods (honey, nuts, etc). He'd probably have a stroke if he saw how much I was spending on grass-fed meats, organic meats, and all the organic foods. I'd rather spend more money on food now, than more money on hospital bills later, though!

Seriously can't wait to try the coconut curried chicken! :happy2: