• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mmpfh

Keps Mnemnosyne

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Mm
Confessions...I was doing so well, then summer hit and as usual I lost weight as I always do. However, I lost more this year than I have in any previous year. This is partly due to having more work than ever as landscaping and partly due to me slacking off on controlling my diet. The combination left me in my current bind. My unwillingness to admit my mistakes even to people I don't know or care about my posts kept me from coming back. At the same time, due to this bad personality defect of caring about what uncaring strangers could possibly care about what I post is why I should post as I do distinctly remember doing the exercise challenge and forcing myself to meet my goals, so I wouldn't have to admit failure even here.

Anyways goal time: Ideal 190 lbs...realistic goal 170 lbs by mid January
Lowest point: Mid-July 140 lbs
Current weight: 143.5 lbs
By the end of August: 150 lbs (probably fall a little short here)
End of September: 155 lbs (definitely doable)

Methods: I am not getting a new gym membership until September as it'll be cheaper and my roommate will be back from summer job and know whether he wants to switch gyms. This month is just focusing on diet. For simplicity reasons it's stated as 3,500 Calories a day this month increase it to 4,000 next month.

For anyone reading this who has diet advice for gaining weight I do not mind and I do incorporate what I deem useful into my diet. However, I do not want arguments with me or anyone else about the 'perfect' diet. I've run into that situation too often offline and therefore now keep quiet about any of my goals. My diet may not be 'perfect' but it works well enough for me. I used to weigh 120 lbs with my max of this past April at 160 lbs. (Sorry for the snarkiness, just past experiences have taught me to keep quiet about diets.)

Next week's goals: 145.5 lbs

Keps Mnemnosyne

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Mm
Current weight 144.0 lbs...probably from being more hydrated unfortunately.
Definitely fell short of where I wanted to be. Mostly due to the fact that I had two large canker sores that merged into one last Friday and I didn't really eat during the weekend. Been fairly painful and slightly bloody to eat this week. However it is healing, and although it is tender still; it isn't too big of a problem anymore. I guess next week goals 146 lbs.

Keps Mnemnosyne

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Mm
Current weight : 144.5 lbs (I'm so lying, but really why????) Dehydration? :dry: Not so bad though, just slightly down from last week.
Next week goal...I would like to actually meet a goal sometime soon, so 145 lbs.
My roommate comes back next week, I believe, then I'll start working out. :happy2:

scienceresearcher

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
What kind of workouts are you doing?

I was 153lbs in may and now I'm 170. I'm aiming for 180 by October so I can be a spartan haha.

Keps Mnemnosyne

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Mm
What kind of workouts are you doing?

I was 153lbs in may and now I'm 170. I'm aiming for 180 by October so I can be a spartan haha.
Weightlifting mainly. Vague I know, but really a bit of everything in that. What's your height? Good luck with your goal, you could start your own exercise blog in here.

Today was the first day of going to the gym, a little late I know, but last week was a little nuts unfortunately. I hate the first day back. It's been four months, lost twenty pounds and have to deal with how weak I am now. The good news is the fact that I am still stronger now than when I was a year ago, and will hopefully regain a good portion of my max strength back in two-three weeks.

I wish I could lie, however it would be detrimental of me to do so:
Current weight: 143.5
Next week's goals: Haha
End of month: 155 still...good luck.

Side note: First attempts of mixing ice cream and protein powder was a failure unfortunately. Maybe better when melted and blended, or slightly smaller amount with either chocolate ice cream and vanilla powder or vice versa.

scienceresearcher

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Weightlifting mainly. Vague I know, but really a bit of everything in that. What's your height? Good luck with your goal, you could start your own exercise blog in here.

Today was the first day of going to the gym, a little late I know, but last week was a little nuts unfortunately. I hate the first day back. It's been four months, lost twenty pounds and have to deal with how weak I am now. The good news is the fact that I am still stronger now than when I was a year ago, and will hopefully regain a good portion of my max strength back in two-three weeks.

I wish I could lie, however it would be detrimental of me to do so:
Current weight: 143.5
Next week's goals: Haha
End of month: 155 still...good luck.

Side note: First attempts of mixing ice cream and protein powder was a failure unfortunately. Maybe better when melted and blended, or slightly smaller amount with either chocolate ice cream and vanilla powder or vice versa.

I was just measured at 185 cm which is just shy of 6'1.
Thanks! I've been hitting the gym hard again. Good luck in your goals too.

This is random and I'm not sure if this will pertain to you but take what you want from this.
I had never been able to get over 158lbs even when I dieted and worked out hard for months. I had read on the internet that not ejaculating for 7 days increases testosterone. I put it to the test. I got blood work done in may and my level came out at 604 (range is 200-804). I took a week off from recreational fun and kept lifting. A week later I got another blood test and my testosterone level was at 764. I continued not to do the you-know-what for 49 days. For me, I found the mental concentration sky rocket in the gym. The amount of weight I lifted went to ridiculous proportions. Ive found that I have not lost any of those gains or strengths now. I'd like to test my testosterone again but I doubt the doctor will continue to believe my little fibs.

Keps Mnemnosyne

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Mm
Brief check in.
Current weight:146 lbs
Next week: 148?
Not going to meet end of month goal, good news is that my strength is returning from working out.

Keps Mnemnosyne

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Mm
Broken computer plus loads of work means no weight gain or reporting in. I only go to the gym twice a week currently. Work load will decrease starting November 5. Lost five pounds, then regained most of it. Currently 144.5 lbs. Goal is to hold it steady.

Keps Mnemnosyne

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Mm
Broken computer is now fixed. :D (I'll admit to procrastinating). Current weight 151 lbs. Not as much as I would have liked. But it is in the right direction. 153 next week?

Keps Mnemnosyne

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Mm
How the hell does this have 3000 views?! It's not like there is a secret to great weight gain hidden here.

Goals: Weight to be roughly 190 lbs, a five rep bench press at 225, six pack, and the ability to beat up any of my friends and throw them into a dumpster easily. This may have become harder since becoming friends with a gym trainer. However I am currently stronger than all, but one, of my college friends. I am sadly the strongest one at work. I was hired for my experience and mind; my male coworkers were hired to be muscle. I know I am not that strong and would consider myself to be on the lower limit of acceptability for someone to be hired to do the physical labor needed. At my old nursery job I would still be in fourth place for strength and I miss having people stronger than me to do the jobs needed. Still adding muscle has helped significantly at work.

Anyways current weight is 169 lbs. One rep max bench press at 205. Haven't tried lifting anyone into a dumpster yet. Abs I've had and can easily get again. Working on it.

Working out five times a week. Just started doing legs again this month. Need to work on nutrition better. Am setting a sleep schedule as well.

Today's Workout:

Trap Bar Deadlift:
5x180
5X200
5X200

Seated Leg Extension:
30x#4
22x#5
20x#5
20x#5

Seated Leg Curl:
20x125
19x140
18x140
16x140

Single Leg RDL: Practicing form first
12x15
12x20
12x25

Donkey Calf Press:
18x150
17x150
20x150
19x150

Cable Crunch: Did not write this down
15X110
15x110
15x120

Keps Mnemnosyne

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Mm
Today's Workout

Bench Press: LEG CRAMPS...probably will not have a good bench press until the weather cools down. Did 8x185 in early May, but have not been able to keep that in the summer.
9x155
9x155
5x155
4x155

Pec Deck Fly:
12x160
12x160
12x160

Shoulder Press:
10x60 Six second eccentric
10x70
10x80
10x90
6x100

Inverted Bodyweight Row: Angles were changed, but don't have the measurements for how much. Still a vast improvement from previous

Triceps Rope Pushdown: Six second eccentric
12x90
12x100
9x100

Dumbbell Lateral Raise: Not ready for the 25s, poor form on the last few reps of the sets
15x20
15x20
15x20

Dumbbell Bicep Curl:
10x30
10x30
10x30

Overall a good day with the exception of the bench.