• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hold Aquarelle accountable for exercising!

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Yesterday exercise bike and swimming. Been to the gym 3 days in a row! :pumpyouup: Swimming is hard because there are only 4 lanes and usually the pool is busy. Had to wait about 10 minutes for a lane and then I felt like I had to rush because other people were waiting. Swimming's a great workout, but it might not be worth all that.

Didn't do great on the diet yesterday. The problem with going to the gym every day after work is that we don't feel like cooking afterwards. Yesterday we gave in and had pizza for dinner. It was delicious. :D

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I used to cook meals that I liked that could be frozen in the freezer and pulled out like a homemade TV dinner.. I froze things like better-for-you-pizzas I made myself and just bought a small thing of arugula and veggie toppings.. Pop the pizza in, sprinkle toppings on top, and enjoy guilt-free food. Or veggie lasagna.. Always a good choice and holds up well in the freezer if you end up cooking all week.

Probably two times a month I'd run out of those foods and I'd go grocery shopping and spend a day cooking and making more while doing menial chores like cleaning.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I used to cook meals that I liked that could be frozen in the freezer and pulled out like a homemade TV dinner.. I froze things like better-for-you-pizzas I made myself and just bought a small thing of arugula and veggie toppings.. Pop the pizza in, sprinkle toppings on top, and enjoy guilt-free food. Or veggie lasagna.. Always a good choice and holds up well in the freezer if you end up cooking all week.

Probably two times a month I'd run out of those foods and I'd go grocery shopping and spend a day cooking and making more while doing menial chores like cleaning.

Very good idea. We used to do something like this, but the problem is that the recipes use a lot of pre-packaged stuff, and I'm trying to eat mostly whole foods. BUT!! Upon further research I found this blog, where the blogger provides monthly cook ahead menus in a variety of themes (general, gluten free, and lo and behold, whole foods!!). It's pretty handy. You can download an Excel spreadsheet that has all the recipes in it, and you can change the number of servings you need to make and it automatically updates all the ingredient amounts for that number of servings. SWEET! Will have to give this a try.

Last week I didn't do so well on my exercising. I only got 4 days in between Fest prep and other things going on. But my husband made a good point, that when it feels icky and unusual to only exercise 4 times a week, that means you're doing it right! So this week I plan to be back to 6. Got 2 in already.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Hubby is right in this case :) Feeling the routine and having it become a part of your daily life is half the battle, which seems to come pretty easy for you. Since you aren't an athlete or anything, it's easy to 'miss' days due to a variety of things, but when you feel better about going back to the daily grind you're heading in the right direction.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Probably only gonna get 5 days in this week. Took Sunday off because of Fest, and yesterday I was just too knackered still to get my ass moving. But today-Saturday I shall get back on the wagon!

Photos are this Saturday. But I am really going to try to keep up 5+ days/week of exercising as a lifestyle now.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Completed last week (week 6) with 5 days of working out. It's much harder with both weekend days filled with Fest.

The pictures went well on Saturday, I think.

This week I will probably only get 4 days in. In addition to Fest on the weekends, I have band tonight.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Attention [MENTION=10315]Aquarelle[/MENTION]:

This is a notification that I will be holding you accountable.

I hope you've been getting out and getting active this week!

Best wishes.

- Disco