• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Jock and Mmhmm Pump Each Other Up.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
This thread will contain my updates as well as [MENTION=10491]mmhmm[/MENTION]'s.

A significant majority of my exercise goals are actually food related. I do not eat enough, due to being culinarily challenged and extremely lazy, so I don't get consistent dinners. For the past year I've hovered around the same weight range [185-195] despite lifting throughout that time. I've been happy with the progress I've made in my power/endurance goals however size has lagged behind because of my poor nutritional habits. I aim to fix that. Right now I just want to get in to the habit of cooking every day, eating 4 meals + shakes/snacks before I start micromanaging calories and nutrient ratios, because I know I need to start slow and will become overwhelmed if I try to introduce too many new habits at once. Anyways. Here goes.

General food/diet.
-----------------------

Meal 1-5 eggs, 3 yolks, 3 slices of bacon, 2 slices of wheat toast with butter, 20oz of coffee with half and half and agave syrup.

meal 2-typically a whole wheat pasta+meat dish. Brown rice/chicken, whole wheat rigatonni and shrimp or ground meat, things like that.

meal 3-chicken, beef, or turkey sandwich on wheat bread with 2 slices cheddar cheese.

meal 4-typically a stir fry dish, meats + veggies and whole wheat pasta.

snacks-rotated throughout the day: protein bars, whey protein shake with peanut butter, whole milk, banana.

05/01/12
-----------------------

Legs. 1/8 mile sprint, 10 squat thrusts at 95 lbs, 15 30 inch box jumps, 20 lunges holding 30 lbs in each arm, 5 times. Last two sets I went down to 10 36" box jumps and 10 lunges with 40 lbs in each arm.

05/03/12
------------------------

Arms. 5 powercleans at 95 lbs, 5 bicep curls at 95 pounds, 10 dips on suspended rings [like the gymnast ones], 10 calories on the rowing machine in less than 20 seconds, 5 times. After 2 sets, moved powercleans and curls to 105, and added belt with 20 pounds to the dips. Last set, moved to 115 on powercleans and curls, though the curls weren't very good.

I will try to get a saturday workout in, but I'm packing for the trip so we will see.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I am away until next sunday. A badly needed hiatus, if I say so myself.

Pretty cloudz.

1c1109f497aa11e1a92a1231381b6f02_7.jpg

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
I am away until next sunday. A badly needed hiatus, if I say so myself.

last few swims in my pool. before moving out. and being away til next sunday too. :>

05/07/12
-----------------------
swam/hippo-ed til pruney.
i haven't eaten at all today.
forgot to. falling apart!
when mein jock not around.

430353_10151313384250497_711005496_23231496_1689635850_n.jpg

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I've only missed one Saturday so far, and I'm doing well with the goals. The food/diet took a hit on returning from my trip: a solid week of gluttony and spoiling myself neutered any momentum I had gained cooking the previous week. So, we must start anew.

Weight wise I feel very good. Typically try to cut during summer months but I might just skip that this year as it tends to be both counterproductive to gaining mass in general and [MENTION=10491]mmhmm[/MENTION] reallllllllly likes winter Jock. I'm at 195 lbs and steaaaaddddillly climbing.

Some fun workouts lately. My first real day running outdoors since last summer/fall was an enjoyable shitshow: Sprint 400 meters, jog 400 meters, walk 400 meters, then do 50 squats/50 pushups, repeat 3 times. I raced the gym instructor on the last 400 meter sprint and got a 1:15 time, which I was happy with for the first day. Not terrible at all on the surface but after not running for 6 months I thought I might die. I was coughing up the winter from my lungs for the rest of the day.

I enjoyed a "max" workout recently. Basically, it's 90% of your max for bench, squat, and deadlift, for 1 rep, 2 reps, and 3 reps respectively. So, it ended up being 1 press @245, 2 squats @ 275, and 3 deadlifts at 305, 5 times around. Still taking it easier since I had about a 2 week layoff, because I thought I could do a little more.

So, just keep lifting, just keep eating.

nemo-dory.jpg

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Jock, do weighted pull ups. Best upper body workout ever! Mass + strength.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
My body has been in shambles for the past couple days, following the past two workouts. Monday was some chest and back, descending from 10 to 1 in bench press and weighted pullups. Bench press was 155-245, my body weight + weighted vest was probably around 220 for the pullups. Followed up with some interesting pushups that seemed more yoga than actual pushups. Very Pain.

Tuesday was something new, where we simply did on the minute lifts for squat thrusts and weighted lunges. So, you do 1 squat thrust or 2 leg lunges on the minute, wait until the minute finishes and then do 2 squat thrusts/4 lunges, and keep going until you can't anymore. I got to 12 squat thrusts at 75 lbs [not a lot] and 24 lunges with a 35 lb dumbell in each hand. Excellent workout as you have to keep an eye on your time, you've got to be pretty high intensity as you need to finish the lifts quickly to give yourself time to rest. Towards the end you only get about 20-30 seconds or so before you have to go again. Again, very pain.

I tried to take a hot bath yesterday but couldn't fit all of myself in my tub :< So it wasn't too effective.

Was supposed to powerclean today but I think I'm too sore. Most likely will be weighted dips, some curls, shoulder work and abs.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I love deadlifts. Probably one of my favorite exercises. They just feel incredible, and you feel invincible on the top part of the lift.

Had a good Tuesday with new records on all my heavy compunds. 275 bench/ 315 squat / 365 Deadlift.

Today is powercleans. Going for 155, if my shoulders hold up. Always a weakness.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I missed mein Saturday class, because I woke up late so I kept [MENTION=10491]mmhmm[/MENTION] company on her business trip instead. Momma gotta bring home that bacon.

Today was fun. Bench presses and deadlifts with rubber band resistance. A nice added twist, even if I almost dropped the bar on my face and broke my nose.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
mein jock's been practicing gangnam style dance
gets me miami booty bass shakin

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
omg i had a small sushi lunch because i'm trying to be healthy.
then i ate like 4 bags of caramel popcorn because i hungwwwwy.
like i even gnawed off the partially popped bits and the kernels
that kinda just split.

one two one two.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Nice day of lifting yesterday. Been focusing more on getting reps up. Was able to get 10 reps of 225 on the bench [though with spotter help and my range of motion could have been better] and 10 reps of 275, 5 times on the deadlift. That last one was a bit scary, as I think I nearly herniated myself. Bit of a sharp pain in the lower abdomen on the last rep. Gotta keep it all in!

Back and chest coming along nicely. Arms maybe falling behind; more time has been spent increasing power/strength on powercleans than arms lately. Might have to give them a day of their own.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Deads hit everything! Probably why I love them so much. All the compound stuff is my favorite.

man

MBTI Type
IntP
Enneagram
=)
Lookin' sharp, guys. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got men. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight ya'll can get.