• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Getting Disco back in fighting shape

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I figured I would clutter up the thread Mac so considerately made for us exercise enthusiasts, and decided to make an exercise thread.

So here it is.

As you may know, a few weeks ago I finally got fed up with my girth and decided to do something about it.

That something was running (or in my case trundling). The impact ended up being to much for me (and I hate running) so I found it almost impossible to keep it up.

I still wanted to exercise, so I got a bike. Specifically, a Trek 7.2 FX (2012).

That was last Friday, and I've ridden everyday since.

My current route is about 10.7 miles, and I can do it in a little under an hour.

I've only been doing the 10 mile route for the last two days, and when I went to start my ride today, my legs were burning a little within the first mile or so.

This will be my first goal, to get to where I can do this 10 mile ride everyday easily (and with decreasing times).

I really got on myself about eating right yesterday, and low and behold, by this morning I had lost a pound already!

The ultimate goal is to get back to my fighting weight.

To do that however, I'm gonna have to get back to MMA.

And to do that, I'm going to have to lose some weight and build up my cardio.

I'll let these old pics be a motivator:

n1131557549_183875_3824.jpg

011.jpg

056.jpg

Let the transformation begin!

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Food log for the day:

Breakfast:
One naked juice Super Food
images

One banana

Lunch:
Turkey and Jarlsberg cheese sandwich from Soup's On

Dinner:
4 grilled chicken fajitas and some guacamole

One fat boy mini ice cream sandwich

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I have some ideas for you, and luckily for you we live in the same city, so my ideas will work for you. You know that you can join, "Just Fitness" for only $10 a month? Yeah it's really a great deal, and that may be an option. Also, when you do get back into MMA check out some of the following places for fighting....

1. Bulldog Boxing

Has an awesome gym and instructors that really push you to the limit. It's like a typical "Rocky style" gym.

2. Chameleon Martial Arts

Teaches a variety of different martial arts and is really awesome for MMA.

3. Dead Game Fight School

I know the guy that owns the school. They teach a combo of boxing and wrestling.

4. World Martial Arts

Teaches Jeet Kune Do, Muy Thai, Boxing, BJJ, wrestling and more. This is probably the best MMA place in town.

Just some suggestions.

EDIT: I'm a dumbass. It appears you already know about WMA because you are wearing the shorts in the picture. My bad

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I have some ideas for you, and luckily for you we live in the same city, so my ideas will work for you. You know that you can join, "Just Fitness" for only $10 a month? Yeah it's really a great deal, and that may be an option. Also, when you do get back into MMA check out some of the following places for fighting....

1. Bulldog Boxing

Has an awesome gym and instructors that really push you to the limit. It's like a typical "Rocky style" gym.

2. Chameleon Martial Arts

Teaches a variety of different martial arts and is really awesome for MMA.

EDIT - Lol nice edit.
3. Dead Game Fight School

I know the guy that owns the school. They teach a combo of boxing and wrestling.

4. World Martial Arts

Teaches Jeet Kune Do, Muy Thai, Boxing, BJJ, wrestling and more. This is probably the best MMA place in town.

Just some suggestions.

EDIT: I'm a dumbass. It appears you already know about WMA because you are wearing the shorts in the picture. My bad

I was with WMA Jax for 2+ years.

I was level 2 Muay Thai under Darwin Vasay Level 2 combat submission wrestling under Sifu Kenny Barry, and intro level BJJ.

EDIT - Also I got back from my ride about 35 minutes ago.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Had more than a few beers last night, and went to taco bell.

The scale didn't punish me too bad this morning, but I need to make this a very occasional indulgence.

The drinking's ok as long as I can refrain from eating ALL THE BAD THINGS...

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
[MENTION=6724]DiscoBiscuit[/MENTION]

That place is badass. I would go there but I'm kind of broke right now, LMAO! And yes, I finally noticed your shorts were from WMA and feel like a dumbass for mentioning it now, lmao. Did you ever do any of the local tournaments around town? For instance, I know that at "Gold's Gym" they had a big fight club thing there.

Also, you need to slack off the Taco Bell bud or you're going to butcher your diet. If you eat there again, I would suggest getting the tacos "Fresco style". They are a lot healthier that way.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Just got back from my hour long 10 mile ride.

I took Saturday and Friday off to let my legs recuperate.

I felt stronger today, I wasn't as tired by the end.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Is there any particular structure to you diet other than to consume fewer calories than you burn?

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I had to skip my ride yesterday due to inclement weather.

Just got back from today's ride.

My legs are a little more sore than they were last time, but I also shaved a good amount of time off my 10 mile ride.

Is there any particular structure to you diet other than to consume fewer calories than you burn?

Not really.

I have terrible impulse control, and am the only one dieting in my house at the moment, so bad food is around.

If I could hold myself to a diet with any consistency I wouldn't need to lose weight.

V

violaine

I am so with you on the running. It sux and is boring. I used to run quite a lot, then I started to wonder what it might do to my face and other parts if I kept it up. No thankee. I'm getting a bike too.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I am so with you on the running. It sux and is boring. I used to run quite a lot, then I started to wonder what it might do to my face and other parts if I kept it up. No thankee. I'm getting a bike too.

Good call in the long run.

Your legs will thank you when you're older!

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Not really.

I have terrible impulse control, and am the only one dieting in my house at the moment, so bad food is around.

If I could hold myself to a diet with any consistency I wouldn't need to lose weight.

WTF? How can an ENTJ (Te first) have terrible impulse control?

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I actually think many ENTJ's probably have some issues with impulse control.

We are built to make snap decisions, that's pretty impulsive.

We may be calculating when it comes to business, but I'd suspect that we really cut loose when it comes to enjoying ourselves after work.

We are (or at least I am) a lot less disciplined when it comes to our personal lives than our business lives.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I actually think many ENTJ's probably have some issues with impulse control.

We are built to make snap decisions, that's pretty impulsive.

We may be calculating when it comes to business, but I'd suspect that we really cut loose when it comes to enjoying ourselves after work.

We are (or at least I am) a lot less disciplined when it comes to our personal lives than our business lives.

Do you have a heavy Se?