• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Getting Disco back in fighting shape

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Falcarius was going to post in your ''The Conservative Answer to Liberal complaints'' thread earlier today, but he lost the post as he was auto-logged off the forum for taking too long writing a wall of text.:doh:

It happens man.

No worries.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I was gonna try to get back on the bike today, but the roads were wet and I didn't want to fall on my (still recovering) leg.

Also, my parents said that I should try to take a few more days off to really let my leg heal a little more.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Got back on the bike for the first time today.

I can really tell how much weaker my left leg is than my right when I'm on the bike.

I only did about twenty minutes... basically a warm up, but even though my leg wasn't up to speed yet, I was still managing pretty good speeds on the flats, 13 or 15 mph and 15 to 16mph on the slight declines.

I may need to get a set of fenders if I'm going to be trying to ride after the rain like that.

I weighed 223.5 today.

Two steps forward, one step back.

Tomorrow should be better. :solidarity:

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
224 lbs this morning.

It's killing me to not be able to exercise more.

The medialis on my left quad is now way smaller than on my right quad. :(

My leg is still big, but I was particularly proud of that part of my muscle before, and now it's gone down probably 30% or more in size.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Just got back from a ride.

Stomach started acting a little weird on the second lap, but instead of heading in like yesterday, I decided to push through it and got in another 2 laps.

I'm up to half of what I was doing before I injured myself.

I did 4 laps (6 miles) in 25 minutes with an average speed of 14.1mph.

It felt so good to do more than a warmup today.

:solidarity:

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I did 7.3 miles in 30:30 with an average speed of 14.2 mph.

My legs felt pretty good, but the cardio is taking a little while to get back to where it needs to be.

It's sucks how quickly you lose your cardio.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Took a day off yesterday.

Had an opportunity to go to an arena football game and sit in a box.

Shit was fun as hell. Although the 28 dollar 6 pack of yuengling was not awesome.

I will be heading out on the bike later this evening.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I've decided to go out and purchase a bike when I have the money in order to get me back into shape. You have inspired me disco

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I've decided to go out and purchase a bike when I have the money in order to get me back into shape. You have inspired me disco

I'm glad I inspired you. Although I've just been trying to do the best I can. I'm sure you won't have any trouble doing the best you can as well. :cheers:

I'm about to head out for a ride.

Later bitches. :solidarity:

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I'm glad I inspired you. Although I've just been trying to do the best I can. I'm sure you won't have any trouble doing the best you can as well. :cheers:

I'm about to head out for a ride.

Later bitches. :solidarity:

Yep. I used to be 170 and was ripped. I'm going back to that damn it! Plus I have a very mesomorphic body structure, so I can easily put on, gain, and lose weight and muscle.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I'm back, and am up to doing 3/4's the distance I was doing before I ended up in the hospital.

Went 9 miles in 36 minutes.

For the first time since I've gotten back on the bike, I worked hard enough and got sweaty enough to warrant a cold shower when I got home.

Right now I feel fucking awesome... :cool:

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Just got back from another 9 miler.

I haven't eaten since breakfast, so I was a couple of minutes off my usual pace, but it was still a good workout.

I wish my leg would finish getting better already.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Took today off to let my leg rest.

Laid out by the pool for a half hour instead.

I could use some color.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I played 9 holes of golf today instead of hitting the bike. I walked... no cart, so I sweated my ass off in the Florida heat.