• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Getting Disco back in fighting shape

A

A window to the soul

Hmm...how so, NG?
  • similar interests: guns, fighting, outdoor activities.
  • similar writing style.
  • very knowledgeable and articulate on subjects of interest.

I think he's similar to [MENTION=1180]whatever[/MENTION] in the ostentatious way he speaks at times, which there's nothing wrong with that. It just seems like there's balance lacking there when they are like that. I don't know if other members feel this way, but sometimes it's too much, and I start to feel sick and have to logoff. Specifically, when they talk about crude, profane, and sexual things; or curse God.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think he's similar to [MENTION=1180]whatever[/MENTION] in the ostentatious way he speaks at times, which there's nothing wrong with that. It just seems like there's balance lacking there when they are like that. I don't know if other members feel this way, but sometimes it's too much, and I start to feel sick and have to logoff. Specifically, when they talk about crude, profane, and sexual things; or curse God.

sorry for doing this in your thread disco...

do you actually keep up with my posts? :huh: I mostly talk about work... when I DO talk about god it's mentioning that I wish that I could believe in something, but nothing really clicks... and when I talk about sex it's complaining that I DON'T get any from the man :thumbdown:

yes, I swear... I also happen to work in an industry where almost EVERYONE swears (I believe that [MENTION=6724]DiscoBiscuit[/MENTION] works the same general industry), so if you don't like it and everything about my posts so much I'd suggest blocking me :shrug:

I'm nice enough not to judge you based on your posts, so I'm kind of disappointed in your closemindedness and apparent lack of reading... if you're just going to judge people based on the handful of posts that they make that you disagree with though... you really aren't worth my time and effort to argue with... so ciao :bye:

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
  • similar interests: guns, fighting, outdoor activities.
  • similar writing style.
  • very knowledgeable and articulate on subjects of interest.

Are you actually a strong Christian ENTP woman? I've never seen that. You peak my curiosity.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Just got back from my daily ride, my new route is 11.36 miles.

I took the smaller flatter bridge on the way back.

I was pushing the pace a lot harder today, and got a pretty damn good workout in my legs.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I haven't started doing physical exercise again, but I should mention to the people of this thread that I have started to do jelqing exercises to increase my penile length. Today I did 100 jelqs. Wooo! I'm on fire!

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Got back from my ride about 20 minutes ago.

Hit up the same 11.36 mile route I have been.

It was wet as hell, but besides that everything was gravy.

I've officially started going down belt notches. The only problem is that what I'm losing at the waist, I'm gaining in my legs.

Some of my pants are starting to get a little tight in the thigh area. Putting things in my pockets can be a chore now.

I weigh the same which means I must be putting on a good bit of weight in my legs.

Gish

Which side are you on?
MBTI Type
PTSD
I'd recommend augmenting your bike riding with some swimming, maybe even some water polo or something, it's classy as fuck.

Also, I think a paleo type diet would help quite a bit: http://www.reddit.com/help/faqs/paleo

A lot of MMA and crossfit gyms have been pushing it, and it seems to work well for me.

Just some suggestions, you seem genuinely interested in improving and everyone else is derailing this shit.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
New route today...

15.58 miles in under an hour and a half. It was wet as hell again, and I came in dirty as shit, but my legs felt great.

The bike still feels great, but I'm beginning to realize that if I'm going to be putting this many miles on the bike, I'm going to need to start upgrading most of the ancillary components to make my rides more enjoyable.

According to a nifty little calories burned calculator I burned 1274 calories!

That's not too shabby in under 90 minutes.

I'd recommend augmenting your bike riding with some swimming, maybe even some water polo or something, it's classy as fuck.

Also, I think a paleo type diet would help quite a bit: http://www.reddit.com/help/faqs/paleo

A lot of MMA and crossfit gyms have been pushing it, and it seems to work well for me.

Thanks for the advice I'll check that out. :cheers:

Just some suggestions, you seem genuinely interested in improving and everyone else is derailing this shit.

7nTnr.png

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Got fed up with not loosing weight and drastically under ate yesterday. Only had 4 yuenglings (at a Jacksonville UF alumni get together) and some pasta salad for lunch.

I was 2 pounds lighter this morning.

Not healthy, but it's a start.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Rode the 15 mile route again today.

I was hurting by the end of it.

Need to get nutrition under control.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I did laps today around a 1.5 mile block in my neighborhood.

I got a much better workout, no stopping for traffic lights or intersections, and I was pedaling pretty much constantly.

I did 8 laps in about 50 minutes. Not too shabby.

This means I'm up above 13mph! *dances*

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Got fed up with not loosing weight and drastically under ate yesterday. Only had 4 yuenglings (at a Jacksonville UF alumni get together) and some pasta salad for lunch.

I was 2 pounds lighter this morning.

Not healthy, but it's a start.

I think I'd avoid this weight loss method in the future.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Most def.

I just got back from the party at the beaches. My fraternity bro was in town with his rec. kickball team.

A pretty good evening.

So you're a bro huh? You must have gone to one of the following....

1. Lynch's Irish Pub
2. The Ritz
3. Chicago Pizza
4. Fion McCools

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
So you're a bro huh? You must have gone to one of the following....

1. Lynch's Irish Pub
2. The Ritz
3. Chicago Pizza
4. Fion McCools

I've been to all of those, many times.

Lynches can be fun, and I love the live music (my buddies band plays there occasionally), but the crowd leaves a lot to be desired.

The only way I'll have a good time at Ritz is if I'm hammered and have a girl with me, besides that it's pretty lame.

Chicago Pizza is fun for grabbing a bite, or catching a UFC fight with friends, but beyond that I wouldn't go there to party really.

Fionn McCools is my favorite out of all those you listed. It's not as big, and doesn't get as crazy as the others, but if you catch it on a good night, with somebody covering 80's songs upstairs it can be a real blast. This is the only place at the beach that has a crowd I like.

Mark's downtown is pretty good. I haven't been since I moved back, but the crowd is supposed to be a little more sophisticated 20 to 30 something young professionals.

I also hear Dos Gatos is good downtown.

I live in Ortega (specifically Ortega Forest) so I go out to bars in riverside more often.

Since I've been back, I've had the most fun at The Loft on King Street in Riverside. The crowd is a little more hipsterish than I would like, but the last time I went, I got recognized by like 3 different people I went to High School with and hadn't seen for years. Also I was kind of flirting with the bar tender Deana and she's smokin hot.

I've also had a good time at Intuition Ale works, which is a bar inside a brewery. It's literally just a bar inside a factory basically and it's awesome as shit. Their beer is top notch, and the tenders are all super friendly and knowledgeable. Although I wouldn't want to go there by myself to try and meet people. It only works if you have a crew with you.

I've heard bold city brewery is also great (and pretty similar) but I've never been there yet.

If you want the most local joint ever in Avondale, go to Monty's AKA the West Inn Cantina. It's pretty dive-bar-esque but sometimes that's exactly what I'm in the mood for. Some pretty good live music occasionally (can be hit or miss) and cheap drinks, and usually people I grew up with.

Those are the highlights of the places I go, but by no means all of them.

I'm about to go for a ride.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Just got back from the ride.

Pretty wiped out, and am about to go hang out with a very old friend of mine.

:cheers:

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
[MENTION=6724]DiscoBiscuit[/MENTION]

Ha ha! I finally got it right with Fion McCool's. Now I have also been to all the places that you have mentioned except the Westside ones because I live on the southside of town. Also, you should check out the "Green Room" it is an awesome bar as well at the beach. Plus, I love Jam Rock's down there as well or whatever new place they have turned it into. I NEVER go to Aqua club though under any circumstances. It's a great place to get shot.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Just got back from my daily ride.

Took the same 8 lap 12 mile route today.

Didn't push as hard as I have been I needed a little bit of a recovery.