• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Getting Disco back in fighting shape

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Played some more golf on Saturday, then went to a beach party in Ponte Vedra where I had a great time and got sunburned.

Couldn't do much yesterday in lieu of the pain.

I don't think I'll be back on the bike today. Probably tomorrow.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Ok... Yesterday I couldn't ride due to the hurricane.

I am about to head out on a ride.

My left leg feels really good.

I'm gonna try to push a little today, and see how that goes.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Just got back from another 10.3 miler.

Did pretty well.

I've messed up my bike computer somehow, and am going to have to read the manual and try to fix it tonight. :dry:

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Ok... Yesterday I couldn't ride due to the hurricane.

I am about to head out on a ride.

My left leg feels really good.

I'm gonna try to push a little today, and see how that goes.

Yeah, that sucked didn't it. Dude, it's been raining in Jax for the past few days now. Today was finally a good day to exercise again.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Just got back from doing 10 miles on the bike.

I was sweating like a mad man, it must be 101 outside.

It took me 40:42... Shaved about a minute and a half off my best time at that distance.

I had an average speed of 14.9 mph... Up from my previous best of 14.2.

:pumpyouup:

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You know it's really cool to see you sticking to your goals. It's inspiring because I'm starting to hit a wall. I notice I get super aggro when I work out and if I don't have a sexual outlet I feel weird if that makes sense. I fast pace walk 6 days a week and then hit the weights. I've tripled what I can lift in a month and I've gone from doing about 170 calories on the treadmill to 250 a day. I too am feeling MASSIVE hunger all the time. Anyway, keep up the good work and thanks for reminding me I'm not the only one out there fighting the good fight lol.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
You know it's really cool to see you sticking to your goals. It's inspiring because I'm starting to hit a wall. I notice I get super aggro when I work out and if I don't have a sexual outlet I feel weird if that makes sense. I fast pace walk 6 days a week and then hit the weights. I've tripled what I can lift in a month and I've gone from doing about 170 calories on the treadmill to 250 a day. I too am feeling MASSIVE hunger all the time. Anyway, keep up the good work and thanks for reminding me I'm not the only one out there fighting the good fight lol.

Good job man. :cheers:

Keep at it.

Anyway...

I just got back from today's ride and I've got some good news. I'm finally back to the distance I was doing before I went to the hospital! :pumpyouup:

Today's ride was 12 miles (8 laps). It took me 45:44 to complete.

And I had an average speed of 15mph!

Not only did I go farther than I have been going, I also went faster. :solidarity:

That being said, I almost threw up while I was riding. I have a tendency to push myself a little too hard.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, I think I was doing that too and my body wasn't healing properly and it was affecting my affect. That testosterone surge is super useful, but if you let it take over... lol.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Just got back from my ride.

Took it easy today, to kind of recover from yesterday. Also wanted to do a little celebrating because I had my first closing today!!

Only did 7.5 miles.

Same avg speed.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Went for a quick ride yesterday before my date.

The ride, and also the date went well.