• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

2012 Summer TypeC Health and Exercise Challenge

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
It's been a week since I started riding the bike.

I've ridden for an hour every day for the last 6 days, and I'll take today off to let my legs recuperate.

In the interest of candor, I was doing really well with my eating until last night.

I had a Friars meeting (men's drinking club [basically post grad fratting]) and had more than a few yuengling pints, and ended up going to taco bell. *ashamed*

It wasn't too bad when I got on the scale this morning. 231lbs.

V

violaine

I'm going out for my daily constitutional. I'm going to shoot for an hour and a half.

Keps Mnemnosyne

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Mm
You can always alter it, it's not like you have to stick to the same thing all the way thru to the end. Like say, "For the month of May, due to travel, I'm just going to do cardio 1 day a week and stretch the other 6 days" or something like that, then start a more intense workout in June.
Thanks, I was going to ask if it would be possible.

Due to my jobs as a landscaper and greenhouse worker being busy at this time of year, going to the gym additionally would hurt my goal of gaining weight. So until June or mid-June my goal for exercise is to continue my jobs? My weight goal is to not lose weight...I tend to lose fifteen pounds between the beginning of May to the end of June. After the start-middle of June, I'll switch to what I was doing with at least three gym workouts a week with a diet to gain weight. I'm not sure if this is good enough, so tell me if I need a better goal, and if anyone has a suggestion otherwise. Another idea is that I start in June with only eight skips allowed instead of thirteen as penalty for skipping a month? Thanks Mac for starting up the Exercise Challenge again.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
I'll do this, however next week I'm on a business trip followed by a vacation so I'm taking that week off. DEAL WITH IT.

hophophop. me toooooo~ :bunnyd::bunnyd::bunnyd:

----
[MENTION=3]MacGuffin[/MENTION] how come posts in the exercise forum never show up on "Find all posts" on the user profile?
edit: [MENTION=10780]Patches[/MENTION] can you make it appear?

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Tennis Monday, Tuesday, Friday.
Walked Wednesday.

Making three changes to my diet based on my food journal.

F

figsfiggyfigs

Fuck it. I'm in. Lets see how long I manage to stay committed.

Considering that I'm usually home.

I want to...

Go out for a walk or jog 3 times a week, for ~ 1 hour.
Do yoga 3 times a week, 30min~1 hr, maybe some cardio instead, from time to time.
Eat healthier everyday(cut down on sweets)/Lower daily Calorie-intake. Restrictions.
Basically, just do what I can to be healthier, without pushing myself to something I know I'm too busy/lazy to do.

If the prize is becoming Mod, I'll totes do 20 push-ups everyday. That is saying a lot since I am physically incapable of doing that.

I will start this commitment next week, as I am deathly ill this week.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I'm in. Three weeks ago, for the most part, I gave up consuming anything with more than three grams of sugar and ditched all soda for water only. I'm eating mostly low carb, no bread, pasta, etc, but will add whole grains here and there. My only guilty pleasure is Edy's sugar free, half the fat Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream which I have most days after lunch.

My goal is to not consume more than 1400 calories and work out at the gym at least 3 days a week and two days at home on the elliptical.

Sample menu:

Breakfast: Better Oats plain oatmeal with truvia, cinnamon mixed with a diced apple.
Snack: Boiled Egg and a low fat cheese stick.
Lunch: Starkist Sandwich ready tuna (3 oz) on mixed greens with veggies and plop some light blue cheese salad dressing. Edy's sugar free ice cream.
Snack: Laughing cow cheese on celery sticks and some blackberries.
Dinner: Chicken breast and a half a cup of plain wild rice with salsa for flavor.
All of this with WATER, WATER, WATER! When I'm feeling peckish, I drink a boatload of ice cold water.

I will eat like this five days a week and have one or two "treat" meals that don't have more than 1500 calories each. So for example when we went bowling on Saturday night, I had a couple of slices of pizza and four key lime pie martinis (YUM!). Earlier that day I ate "clean" and resumed the healthy plan on Sunday. This way I don't feel like I'm missing anything and honestly outside of the martinis, the pizza was just "OK". I've become accustomed to eating healthier and don't miss junk food. I hit the gym on Saturday for a cycle class and will try and go three times this week.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Okay, last week was a pass week and my best friend's wedding, so I didn't do great, but this is what I did:
Tracked my nutrition 4 days
Walked 3 days

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I've been sick, so I haven't worked out, but I've been eating well. I decided to switch things up a little since I've been stuck at the same weight for a while, so I rejoined Weight Watchers online and I'm tracking points. For breakfast, I have a whole banana, protein shake mixed with fish oil and greens, light mid morning snack, protein shake for lunch with a large salad (cucumbers, carrots, etc) topped with fat free blue cheese dressing, afternoon snack, which is usually crisp and light wasa crackers with laughing cow cheese and dill pickle slices on each cracker. :drool: For dinner I've been having 6 ounces of protein and one sugar free pudding. Nothing else after that. I will likely lose 2 pounds in a week eating this way without exercise. I did go out to lunch with friends for my Bday on Tuesday and had a burger, but didn't eat the bun, french fries and a few bites of chocolate mousse.

Weird thing, when I work out I don't seem to lose weight any faster than when I don't and sometimes I don't seem to lose any. Some say it's because I am building muscle, but since muscle and fat truly weigh the same, how can that be??

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I know the contest already started like two weeks ago but Im going to join in for fun and health and stuff.

My current goal is to do power yoga for an hour at least three times a week, with speed walking or jogging for 30 minutes the other day or two, equaling 4-5 days a week, minimum, 6 max.

If for any reason I can't attend the power yoga classes Ill resume jogging 3-4 days per week with core strengthening exercise.

Other fun things Im doing this summer include swimming, biking, and roller skating you know whenever.

My diet will be low in refined sugar, and Im also putting an alcohol restriction on myself of no more than three glasses of wine per week or less.

I also need to consistently drink tea or coffee instead of diet soda. I really want to limit my diet soda intake bc of the affect it has on bones.

Usehername

On a mission
I've been erging or running. I had to scale down my rowing plan because my left arm muscles were a lot weaker than I thought they would be and it was hurting in a bad way. I'll work it up as my body lets me.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Last week: not the best. Still no running. Walked 3 days, tracked food 3 days.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Had one cheat day last week (couldn't ride because of the weather) and didn't ride on sat or sun because I was at the TPC on Sat. and it was Mother's day Sun.

I'll be back on it today.

Instead of my agreed to 5 days a week, last week I only rode 4 days.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I've been sick, so I haven't worked out, but I've been eating well. I decided to switch things up a little since I've been stuck at the same weight for a while, so I rejoined Weight Watchers online and I'm tracking points. For breakfast, I have a whole banana, protein shake mixed with fish oil and greens, light mid morning snack, protein shake for lunch with a large salad (cucumbers, carrots, etc) topped with fat free blue cheese dressing, afternoon snack, which is usually crisp and light wasa crackers with laughing cow cheese and dill pickle slices on each cracker. :drool: For dinner I've been having 6 ounces of protein and one sugar free pudding. Nothing else after that. I will likely lose 2 pounds in a week eating this way without exercise. I did go out to lunch with friends for my Bday on Tuesday and had a burger, but didn't eat the bun, french fries and a few bites of chocolate mousse.

Weird thing, when I work out I don't seem to lose weight any faster than when I don't and sometimes I don't seem to lose any. Some say it's because I am building muscle, but since muscle and fat truly weigh the same, how can that be??

you still should work out because this speeds up your metabolism (meaning eat more weigh less, within reason); also muscle makes you look better bc you appear more toned even if your weight is about the same or only slightly lower by ten lbs or so. Muscle also burns more calories than fat.

Its not about weight, its about inches and muscle to fat ratio.

If you drop a fixation on a magic weight number and focus on overall fitness, and looking toned, you'll look good and be healthier...which is what you want, right?

I know some people hate exercise, but it does wonders for your mood sleep and overall health. Plus you don't have to be as strict with your diet (though ofc you still need to eat sensibly.)

Usehername

On a mission
Switching up my exercise plans to go cardio kickboxing with one of my friends. She's got a lot of weight to lose and has been doing group classes at the gym, so I'll probably just adapt to whatever kind of exercise she wants to do.

Last edited:

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday: Tennis. Played a bit of marathon tennis Friday and Sat.
Continued the food journal, although I ate fairly poorly. It's not helping... yet.

I'll have a 3 day weekend for the next two weeks, so I'll be using that to create a new routine that mixes lifting with the tennis.