• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

CzeCze's Calorie Burning Fun Time aka I RULE YOU!!

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Hahahahaahahah! I get my own fitness/diet blog! This is, as the Brits say, "Brilliant!"

You're supposed to do this anyways when you start a diet but I'm super 'P' and therefore fail at keeping track of things. In the past I've just lost weight by working out like crazy and eating smaller portions or eating vegan, not necessarily eating low calorie or healthier. I have in the past hated tracking calories (because it seems too involved and yet inaccurate) but this time around I am super committed to hitting my goals and miraculously (haha) am very certain, nay, COMPLETELY CONFIDENT, that I will hit my goals. Eventually. By the end of 6 months but will be looking pretty good at the end of 3 months.

Also, while I'm participating in the challenge (I think) I was already starting a fitness plan and did a hydrostatic body test (dunk funk) to get my exact starting stats and make informed goals. It just so happened that the TypeC Challenge timed together perfectly. So the stats and timeline I use will be more for my own tracking purposes and not necessarily to win anything. >_<

Anywhoo, here's the starting gun!

Beginning Stats

6/1/2011 Weight: 148 lbs

Hydrostatic Body Composition Test Results 8/15/2011
Height: 5'7
Weight: 142 lbs
Body Fat %: 25.18 %
Fat Body Mass: 35.76 lbs
Lean Body Mass %: 74.82 %
Lean Body Mass: 106.24 lbs (for my height 106 lbs is the norm on the dot)

Starting Measurements
Chest: 36
Waist: 28.5
Hips: 38
Arms:
Thighs:
Ankle: 8 inches

Goal Stats

Realistic Goal (Been there, done that)
Goal 1 Body Fat %: 19%
Weight for Goal 1: 131.2 lbs

Ideal Goal (Will jump for joy once I break the 130 plateau)
Goal 2 Body Fat %: 15%
Weight for Goal 2: 125

Dream Goal (Lasers will shoot out of my eyes and children will cry at my cut rippling muscles)
Goal 3 Body Fat: 10%
Weight for Goal 3: 120
Lean Body Mass: 108 (+2 lbs of muscle gained)

Ideal Measurements:
Chest: 36 (ha)
Waist: 26 (ha)
Hips: 36 (ha)
Arms:
Thighs:
Ankle: 8 inches

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
The Plan

Work out like crazy. Consume less calories than expended. Repeat.

:alttongue:

Acitivity Goals: Cardio 3x a week and Strength Training 2x a week
Ideal Goals: Cardio 5x a week and Strength Training 3x a week

Calories Consumed: 1200-1500 a day, mostly fresh and plant based, lots of good fats like nuts, avocadoes, coconut milk, minimum white carbs

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
ACTIVITY LOG

Cardio = Red
Strength = Blue
Body Work = Lime

Week 1
8/24/2011 -
  • Pilates Reformer 1hr
8/25/2011-8/28/2011 -
  • Half hearted attempts at jumping rope and playing with an S&M bar looking thing that's supposed to be at home Pilates equipment

Week 2
8/29/2011
  • Rebounder Class 1 hr
8/30/2011
  • UJam Fitness 1 hr
  • Pilates Reformer 1 hr
8/31/2011
  • Step Aerobics Class 1 hr
    Pilates Reformer 1 hr
9/1/2011
  • Pilates Reformer 1 hr
    UJam Fitness 1 hr
9/2/2011
  • Massage 1 hr :D :D :D
9/3/2011
  • Ran after lost dog at 6am cursing his name and yelling at him
    when I found him
9/4/2011 -
  • Lounging around inhaling carbs and sweets and completely
    letting myself go

Week 3
9/5/2011
  • Slept 14 hours (don't look at me like that!! Only G-D can judge me!!!)
9/6/2011
  • 1 hr of Pilates Reformer
9/7/2011
  • Absolutely sleep deprived :p
9/8/2011
  • 1 hr of Pilates Reformer
9/9/2011
  • SLEEP
9/10/2011
  • Walked up and down and around San Francisco
9/11/2011
  • Took my dogs for a 1 hour walk and played with them

Week 4
Monday 9/12/2011
  • Inhaled Taiwanese comfort food like there's no tomorrow
  • Walked my dogs for 30 minutes
Tuesday 9/13/2011
  • UJam Fitness 1 hr
  • Pilates Reformer 1 hr
Wednesday 9/14/2011
  • Pilates Reformer
1 hr
Thursday 9/15/2011
  • Pilates Reformer 45 minutes
  • Cardio Kickboxing 1 hr

Friday 9/16/2011
Saturday 9/17/2011

Last edited:

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Colour coded!! Sexy! I'm going to steal that idea.

No! I totally invented the use of color coding! Highlighters? TOTALLY my idea :alttongue:

Thanks, this is my Te getting flexed, along with various rippling muscles. :D

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
It just so happened that the TypeC Challenge timed together perfectly. *snip*

I am very glad it could be so. :yes: Also, very specific and solid goals ye have there. Lovely!

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Today was the Autumn Moon Festival in SF's Chinatown which is so fitting because someone else is on her 'moon cycle' HAHA. This means I crave carbs and greasy foods - especially Asiarific carbs and grease and I am slightly more prone to emotional outbursts. Oh wellz. My body has a staggered results process to working out, it takes 2 or 3 days after the last effective work out for it to show on my body. But, I think I'm seeing results today! Which I quickly drowned out with copious quantities of boba tea and dim sum.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Bah my oversensitive mouse just erased my update.

Also, my OCD went crazy on my list and now it's urgurly. :cry:

In case anyone was wondering, UJam Fitness is:

It is EXTREMELY hard to take myself seriously when I do this and usually it's fun but I was totally distracted today because I was CRANKY. At least I burned some calories.

*edit* Yeah, in some ways it's mortifying to admit that I do this, but how much more mortifying to actually DOING it...in front of other people, even? Whatever works, mang!

PS I'm totally waiting for [MENTION=6164]Riva[/MENTION] and his comments about my alleged "hyper-ness" now. :alttongue:

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Wow my exercise list looks totally messed up now.

Oh wellz. I'm working out everyday, that's what's important.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
>_< ^^

Since I messed up my list before:

Monday 9/19/2011
  • Walked dogs for 30 minutes

Tuesday 9/20/2011
  • Pilates Mat 1 hour
  • U-Jam 1 hour
  • Pilates Reformer 1 hour
    I seriously think I'm gonna drop into bed and sleep for 12 hours

Wednesday 9/21/2011

Thursday 9/22/2011
  • Kickboxing 1 hour

Friday 9/23/2011 Lay in a stupor watching TV in a hotel room DON'T JUDGE ME

Saturday 9/24/2011
  • Pole Dancing 1.5 hours

Last edited:

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Monday 9/26/2011
  • Piloxing 1 hour
  • Trampoline Aerobics 1 hour

Tuesday 9/27/2011
  • U-jam 1 hour

Wednesday 9/28/2011

Last edited:

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Doin' It Well

My trip to LA inspired my personal fitness challenge. I did a road trip and got back very late last night.

I think the pole dancing class I took with other mostly half nekkid women helped refine my visual fitness goals...Keke. You need as little body fat weighing you down and a lot of muscle tone to get yourself up (and down) that pole. Wow. That sounded kinda wrong. I ate mostly raw vegan this weekend with tons of fresh coconut juice and a chlorophyll smoothie that almost killed me. I think it cleared up my complexion. Or that might have just been exhaustion and the afterglow of fun.

That saying "nothing tastes as good as thin feels"? Meh, I'm not rah-rah about it but that is probably more apt now for me than it has ever been. Truly realizing how much what you consume affects your body and offsets or helps the exercise you do is sobering.

My yogi friend is funny, she said vegans in SF looked "dirty and sickly" but that in LA (especially Santa Monica) they looked fit and vain. Well, that last part about "vain" was me, not her. Apparently there is a vegan cafe that is a great place for picking up and getting picked up by tanned vegans with 6 packs. Not of beer. Of rock hard vegan abs. If that's possible.

Anywhoo, as I was eating my post work-out salad tonight I realized this his how I'm feeling about the personal commitment I've made to myself and the progress of my fitness challenge:

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Monday 10/03/2011
  • Piloxing 1 hour
  • Trampoline Aerobics 1 hour

Tuesday 10/04/2011
  • U-Jam 1 hour

Wednesday 10/05/2011
  • Body Bar Strength Conditioning 1 hour

Thursday 10/06/2011
  • Kickboxing 1 hour

Friday 10/07/2011
  • Pole Dancing 1 hour

Saturday 10/08/2011
  • Zumba 1 hour
Sunday 10/09/2011
  • Video Vixen Dance Class 1 hour

This week I seriously need to work out much more. I noticed that I'm going crazy hard Mon-Wed or otherwise just 3 days a week and the rest of the week I do nothing. Partly that's because of my gym. The offerings on Wed are kinda weak, Friday there's only a noon class, Saturday is only early morning (I do NOT do early morning) and Sunday is closed. I'd almost say that gym is not such a good investment but I do get Pilates reformer classes out of it. I just got month trial membership at a "real" gym with 1 whole elliptical machine so I can just cardio it out whenever I want and consistently burn calories every day. My losses seem to have stalled and I work way too hard and eat way too much salad to not see significant results. It's not my fault 3 days of the week are essentially "forced rest" days. Okay, that's not all true. I could get crazy and put on sneakers and run on those days, but I don't run. For anything. Maybe away from something.

That is all.

*edit* I think I seriously sweat out 1/2 a pound of fat on Thursday's kickboxing class. I was so sweaty I thought I'd get hypothermia when I left the building and the night chill hit me.

*edit* Yes, and I'm future loading tomorrow's classes. Because I can.

Last edited:

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I realized I need a lot more cardio in my plan so today I trial joined a 24 hour gym for 1 month. Wheeee.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
So I DID IT!

I worked out every day this week. Just came back from 'video vixen dance class' and a breakfast of egg whites and wheat toast. Now I want to take a nap.

And then walk my dogs and go to the gym.

Wheeee..eee.eeeeee...

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Wait, I just read over my OP. I wanted 10% body fat? WTF wants 10% body fat unless they are an elite athlete. Did I have visions of being a world famous pole dancer or something? :shakes head: No, I don't want 10% body fat.

I'm gonna work out 3x a day if I can for the rest of the week. I will be teh beast.

The number on the scale is not moving at all. Bah.

Tuesday 10/11/2011
  • U-Jam Dance 1 hour
  • Strength Conditioning 1 hour

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I got a terrible sinus infection for three weeks. I think dieting and having a fitness regimen are stupid - unless you sleep the requisite 9+ hours a night your body needs to recover.

I've lost about 5-8 pounds depending on where you take the starting weight from. I work out and do cardio at least 4x a week and I do strength at least 4x a week. At most I do cardio 5x a week and strength 5x a week. For a while I was working out first thing in the AM on an empty stomach doing 30 minutes of dance cardio followed by 30 minutes of strength and balance work. But it was turning me into a zombie by 5pm. Something about glycogen stores etc. etc.

Anywhoo, I'm getting cranky.

But yes, I'm consistent.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I got a terrible sinus infection for three weeks. I think dieting and having a fitness regimen are stupid - unless you sleep the requisite 9+ hours a night your body needs to recover.

I've lost about 5-8 pounds depending on where you take the starting weight from. I work out and do cardio at least 4x a week and I do strength at least 4x a week. At most I do cardio 5x a week and strength 5x a week. For a while I was working out first thing in the AM on an empty stomach doing 30 minutes of dance cardio followed by 30 minutes of strength and balance work. But it was turning me into a zombie by 5pm. Something about glycogen stores etc. etc.

Anywhoo, I'm getting cranky.

But yes, I'm consistent.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
:thelook:

O

M

G

I can't believe how far the lofty have fallen.

:laugh:

Yeah, I was doing 2-3 hours of working out consistently. Like average of every day.

Then my parents came for an extended visit and left at the start of the summer. They have no concept of nutritional guidelines and I was too polite to break with the concept of family meal time but having suffered greatly for that I am only now slowly and painfully crawling back up to a point of normalcy. I quit both those gyms I was going to back in March and that just broke loose the dam of terrible high caloric crap food intake and no movement. I have 4 solid months of terrible terrible terrible habits that I'm still recovering from. I am heavier now than when I started all that tomfoolery with the crazy workouts.

I also threw my back out something turrible to the point I couldn't walk or even get off the floor. It was pretty pathetic. My dogs agreed because they looked at me with PITY. And contempt.

Anyhow, started a gym membership again yesterday. Having been eating much better. Taking control and determining my own healthy pantry/fridge (the good old days!) and and trying to cook more. Etc. I freaking hate all the sitting around modern life brings with it.

Bought a portable stepper to use when I'm home in front of the TV. Small steps.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm, yeah. I'll start posting in this again for accountability.

I just realized how ticked I am that all that hard work and self-restraint went to trash and I'm basically starting over. My own fault really.

GOOD TIMES!