• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Qlip Exercises & Eats Well, Probably

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is going to be a booring blog. I don't really enjoy tracking mundane things, and my goal is to make this as mundane and routine as brushing my teeth. Maybe I should keep track how many reps I do..

8/31/11
Did stretches and 20 mins of bodyweight. I counted, but I don't exactly remember. I'm pretty sure I did 30 pushups, 35 situps, 4 sets of 10 squats, 12 pullups. Then I went back and did as much as I could on a second round, probably half as much. I'll keep better track next time, and actually remember lunges too.

9/1/11
Did stretches and 20 mins of jumping rope. I didn't count.. I jumped 30 very fast and 30 slow until I had trouble catching my breath. Then I took maybe a minute and continued. I repeated this cycle.

9/4/11
Okay, I did my bodyweight workout. I completed it, but there was a small issue.. I'll post about it, we'll see how it turns out.

Last edited:

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
This is going to be a booring blog. I don't really enjoy tracking mundane things, and my goal is to make this as mundane and routine as brushing my teeth. Maybe I should keep track how many reps I do...

If you'd like we could set up a conga line of cheerleaders to make it more exciting. :thinking:

:static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static:

Better?

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If you'd like we could set up a conga line of cheerleaders to make it more exciting. :thinking:

:static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static::static:

Better?

[MENTION=6276]Zoom[/MENTION] Yes, thanks so much. Can they also cheer for when I brush my teeth, and when I put my clothes in my hamper?

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So, well.. I'm not sure how this working out thing is going, or will go. I was on my last squat this morning, and I felt a very familiar twinge in my back.. it's that little twinge I get that means my back will give out soon. I think I know what caused it. It's just me being stupid. I was feeling so good yesterday that I was showing my girls how to kick, and I showed them a couple of high kicks. Usually this just kills my back outright, but it didn't. So, I felt further emboldened and gave them double piggyback rides, i.e. I had my 11 year old on my back, and then my 7 year old on hers, and we ran around the livingroom a bit. Haha.

EDIT: And there my back goes.. need to modify my plans for the day. Lots of walking is always a good choice. Time to do some window shopping.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
9/5/11 Okay, got a workout in. It was not as intensive as it has been, but I gotta hang in there. Gotta keep the name green.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Non-intensive is better than non-workout as it keeps the routine going.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=6276]Zoom[/MENTION], [MENTION=4324]Kasper[/MENTION], [MENTION=4515]wolfy[/MENTION] Truth. That was actually an expiriment, I've never really pushed it that much. I usually give it a week or two, and then jump back in. After I stretched and got moving, my muscles loosened up, my body aligned correctly and the pain receeded some, then it kind of came back later in the evening. The important thing is that I didn't hurt myself anymore and got some movement in. No excuses!

wolfy

awsm
When you have muscle pain you can adjust like this...
Sore to touch: rest
Sore: higher reps, lighter
No soreness: usual thing

Kids move around on your back. It can twist you out and puts force in funny directions. I like the one where you hold their legs and do overhead tricep extensions with them. Also the human jungle gym is great, hold your arms out straight and spread your legs. See if the kids can make it all the way around.

Just watch your back with twisting.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When you have muscle pain you can adjust like this...
Sore to touch: rest
Sore: higher reps, lighter
No soreness: usual thing

Kids move around on your back. It can twist you out and puts force in funny directions. I like the one where you hold their legs and do overhead tricep extensions with them. Also the human jungle gym is great, hold your arms out straight and spread your legs. See if the kids can make it all the way around.

Just watch your back with twisting.

Thanks! That's nice to know. I'm a bit of a special case. I've had two lumbar discectomies, I was being foolish horsing around, but I'm always curious about how far I can push it.. and I always get an answer :D I'm still trying to figure out how this all works, nerve pain vs muscle pain, etc, what the hell exactly happens when I throw it out. And my spinal doctor never really gave me very good explanations.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
9/6/11
Did a half assed bodyweight workout, most of the point was keeping in routine and getting my stretching in.

Also I cooked myself a curry for supper with squash and onions and those Japanese curry squares and had some cottage cheese afterward with some honey and dried cranberries. And most importantly I chopped vegetables and tofu and stuff for quick access for making my lunch in the morning.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ugh.. I commandeered a bavarian cream filled doughnut from the breakroom at lunch, it always sounds like a good idea at the time. I'll save my afternoon break snack for on the road and do some shopping this evening, then make myself a bowl of miso soup when I get home.. that should offset it.

gromit

likes this
9/6/11
Did a half assed bodyweight workout, most of the point was keeping in routine and getting my stretching in.

A lot of the time this is what I do with abs, hopefully trying to establish a routine and build from there...

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A lot of the time this is what I do with abs, hopefully trying to establish a routine and build from there...

I remember reading about how much you hate ab work.. I can relate, I really didn't like how that felt. I did get used to it, eventually. :solidarity:

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Ugh.. I commandeered a bavarian cream filled doughnut from the breakroom at lunch, it always sounds like a good idea at the time. I'll save my afternoon break snack for on the road and do some shopping this evening, then make myself a bowl of miso soup when I get home.. that should offset it.

Hahaha, you totally don't look like you are overweight at all. Are you trying to lose fat or "get ripped" like those late night infomercials are always talking about?

I heard that changing body composition is more about food than exercise. BAH. I try to eat a lot of protein and if I eat a dessert I go :shrug: Look at the long range - which I think can be hard for an NP, especially ENFP.

You know what's really good at keeping you from eating easy snacks? Work out like crazy for a week then next time you reach for a bavarian cream donut (which truthfully, does sound good) think about how much gawdawful sweating and muscle exhaustion you will have to do just to burn off 1/2 that donut. When you are working out a lot, it seriously is good motivation. I don't want to work my butt off just to negate everything with a cheap snack.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Nah, I've got some padding. My body must just hide it well. I really can stand to lose X amount of lbs. I'm not exactly sure what the X is there.

And yeah, I was focusing the calories, but doughnuts just completely mess me up. My body isn't used to dropping that kind of fried fat sugar bomb on it, especially at that time of day. I felt like crap for the rest of the day.

You definitely have a point. It's so easy to mess up all that hard work. Perspective is soo hard to get sometimes. I end up being a food snob.. a lot of the crap I used to eat just isn't worth it to me anymore. If I'm eating something that is all carb and fat, it better be some good tiramisu or something from a good bakery.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Nah, I've got some padding. My body must just hide it well. I really can stand to lose X amount of lbs. I'm not exactly sure what the X is there.

And yeah, I was focusing the calories, but doughnuts just completely mess me up. My body isn't used to dropping that kind of fried fat sugar bomb on it, especially at that time of day. I felt like crap for the rest of the day.

You definitely have a point. It's so easy to mess up all that hard work. Perspective is soo hard to get sometimes. I end up being a food snob.. a lot of the crap I used to eat just isn't worth it to me anymore. If I'm eating something that is all carb and fat, it better be some good tiramisu or something from a good bakery.

Are you much of a cook? I'm a fast/easy cook. I also avoid cooking with meat so I do a lot of stir fry. My friend lost an amazing 100+ lbs - she is completely unrecognizable from college and law school where she gained even more weight. Whole different person. She keeps a food log and only eats out 1x a week. She is INFJ though so she's very good at that keeping track of stuff and keeping on a regimen. But, I chatted with her once and she said if your diet is mostly whole grains and vegetables that's the ideal weight loss/maintenance diet right there and you don't have to sweat the details. When I was eating mostly vegan my relatives noticed my weight loss, even though I wasn't really following a "diet".

Vegan baked goods - not so hot usually and at best similar to an okay real thing. However, it'll help keep the carbs off. :p

Good luck!