• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Before / After Picture Challenge

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So in the Exercise Thread I threw down a gauntlet. In this thread, I will pick it up so I can throw it down once again!

The concept is simple:
Take some pictures in the next week or so.
At the end of the challenge, take some more pictures, and post both the "before" and "after" pictures.

Depending on how many people join in, I'll either post them in The Lounge or create a separate thread for posting Before/After shots at the end of this.

So is anyone else interested?

The exact type of pictures, and what you wear, is up to you. Ideally though, you want to take pictures so you can see your improvements. I suggest taking a picture from the front, and another from the side. Also, well-fitting clothes (or if you are brave, shirtless / sports top / swimwear) are better than baggy clothes. Contrary to popular opinion, swearing Spandex is not required.

So far, it's:
[MENTION=4722]Udog[/MENTION]
[MENTION=8794]Unkindloving[/MENTION]
[MENTION=6276]Zoom[/MENTION]

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
I agree that swearing by spandex is not a good idea. 'Tis very unreliable.

As it is, I will participate in this portion of it all as well. I have already taken pictures for the "before".

So in the Exercise Thread I threw down a gauntlet. In this thread, I will pick it up so I can throw it down once again!

The concept is simple:
Take some pictures in the next week or so.
At the end of the challenge, take some more pictures, and post both the "before" and "after" pictures.

Depending on how many people join in, I'll either post them in The Lounge or create a separate thread for posting Before/After shots at the end of this.

So is anyone else interested?

The exact type of pictures, and what you wear, is up to you. Ideally though, you want to take pictures so you can see your improvements. I suggest taking a picture from the front, and another from the side. Also, well-fitting clothes (or if you are brave, shirtless / sports top / swimwear) are better than baggy clothes. Contrary to popular opinion, swearing Spandex is not required.

So far, it's:
[MENTION=4722]Udog[/MENTION]
[MENTION=8794]Unkindloving[/MENTION]

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I had intended on participating, but I currently have no good method for self pics. I *may* be able to rig something up, given time.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Oh, and I.

*flexes*

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Udog,
I said I would. So I have to now, LOL. Even if I'm starting late. I will take them on my camera and upload when I have new laptop in my procession.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
When does the challenge end?

wolfy

awsm
When does the challenge end?

Good question, I didn't know when it started either. Here is my before pic...

DSCN3575Small.jpg

wolfy

awsm
It runs August 31st, 2011 to February 29th, 2012.

Cool. That's a long time, I'm going to change my goals after I achieve this one. Performance goals can stay the same the whole way through.

Zoom

Enneagram
9w8
Cool. That's a long time, I'm going to change my goals after I achieve this one. Performance goals can stay the same the whole way through.

Yes. :) Six months, the same length as the challenge which was run two years ago. Your goals will change after ye achieve what one?

wolfy

awsm
Yes. :) Six months, the same length as the first challenge a couple of years ago. You goals will change after ye achieve what one?

I want to define my abs more. I need to think of some numbers. Below 10% BF would be one that comes to mind. It is 12% at the moment. I'll do that first.

Zoom

Enneagram
9w8
I want to define my abs more. I need to think of some numbers. Below 10% BF would be one that comes to mind. It is 12% at the moment. I'll do that first.

Sounds spiffy to me.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE

You beast.

My body metrics testing guy told me that 17% was the lowest reasonable percentage I should aim for. But, then he told my friend she needed to hit 10% to get visible abs! Bah. I think realistically he saw that I'm not aspiring for a visible 6 pack and would probably near kill myself to get to 10%

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
or maybe you have a bigger bust line and he knows realistically you can't achieve the same BMI?

oh and um I am considering this..... mainly cause one shouldn't have full length mirrors on their bedroom closet doors especially when they run the same length as their bed.... *sigh*

the joys of renting.....

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
I got my hub to take a "before" picture last weekend in my fairly fitted workout clothes. I'll post it later.

(I like to remain somewhat anonymous so that I can write incriminating things once in awhile :biggrin:, so I'm going to trim the photo to show only neck down, haha.)

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
I got my hub to take a "before" picture last weekend in my fairly fitted workout clothes. I'll post it later.

(I like to remain somewhat anonymous so that I can write incriminating things once in awhile :biggrin:, so I'm going to trim the photo to show only neck down, haha.)

:rofl1::yim_rolling_on_the_

I don't think I can even imagine posting a before until I have an after.... lol

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
:rofl1::yim_rolling_on_the_

I don't think I can even imagine posting a before until I have an after.... lol

:biggrin: That's a good point, too. :thinking: Especially considering I've actually gained 2 lbs since this started, and I can tell you it isn't 2lbs of muscle. :ranting:

(I've been keeping up with my exercise goals, but ignoring my diet for celebratory reasons - anniversary, birthday.)

gromit

likes this
I don't think it's healthy for women to have too low of body fat percentages. Like you will stop menstruating and other bad stuff.