• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge & Soirée

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
As an aside, I will consolidate everyone's goals via their posts in this thread into one post at the end of day on the 31st, so the exact number of workout times per week for each person and who is involved in what portion of this (contest or friendly participant) is confirmed and everyone is on the same page. :ninja:

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
I'm in.

I've already lost about 15 pounds, so my before and after in this thread is not going to be as impressive from this moment forward. I am going after the second set of 15 pounds to lose now. Then I will be at my ideal weight, around 128.

I am going to work towards 10000 steps a day as my aerobic workout (with one day off a week.) I got a new pedometer a couple of weeks ago so I need to start using it and see how much I am currently doing.

In addition, I want to increase my flexibility so will do the stretching DVD 3x a week. Then, as both goals are achieved, I will notch this up some.

Awesome, congrats! Can you share your diet and exercise secrets for success with us?

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Okay, my exercise goal for the contest is 5x a week. I will technically include "active rests", such as hiking or walking, into the 5x a week. However, my unofficial goal is to make 4 of those exercises something substantial, such as jogging, lifting, tennis classes, etc.

My goal is to make 2-3 of those fun, social activities such as tennis classes, and the remaining exercises more training type things like hitting the gym to lift weights. That's not official, but rather FYI.

Edit: [MENTION=6276]Zoom[/MENTION], [MENTION=4324]Kasper[/MENTION] -
My opinion is that any Exercise sub forum (if we even get one) shouldn't be private, since the before / after picture thread is the only thing I can think of that will be personal. We can always create a thread in the Lounge at the end of the contest for that sort of thing. Otherwise, I think what we are trying to do is neat enough that I wouldn't mind guests checking it out.

Of course, I may be missing something here. Will other members be more likely to share progress details such as weight and measurements if it's private?

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Okay.. here's the plan. 20 minute workout 5 nights a week. Either stretches + ropework. or Stretches + bodyweight workout (situps, pushups, pullups, squats, thrusts). If a night is skipped, can double up the bodyweight workout and the ropework.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I was thinking it might be helpful to put our goals in our signature.
What about you guys?

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Tentative Plan

SUGGESTIONS WANTED!!!!

I'm going to set out small, so maybe I will stick with it, and build it up.

Yoga: 1 set a week (at least 5 positions) (about 10 minutes)
or
Walking: 1 half hour a week

Biking: once a week
or
Pilates/sit ups: 10 min or 30 sit ups
or
Push-ups: 10

Dance: Ideally, once a week, for two hours.
Sometimes, I can't do dance every week though.

Weight: 128
Height: 5'3
Goal: 115 lbs
or
Perfectly flat stomach
or
At least one inch off stomach

I'm trying to keep my exercising plan flexible. For now, this is what I want to do. I want one of my main focuses to be dance, because it is such great exercise.

Also:

Meditate at least once a week.

I don't care if it doesn't look like exercise, it is good for you. A good and unstressed mindset promotes weight loss, and I am under some extreme stress.

Comment on food:
Drink more water
Maybe make green smoothies
Eat plenty of fruit/salad

Those are some hopefuls. I love fruits and veggies :biggrin:

This exercise plan is subject to change as I figure out what my schedule is, but dance for several hours a week shouldn't change.

gromit

likes this
I think I want to add that I get one freebie meal each week where I can have white carbs, in case I get invited to dinner at someone's house or someone gives me a breakfast treat (has happened before) or there's like a baby shower or something so I don't have to be rude about it.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think I'd like to join. Still thinking about what some good goals will be. I always get overambitious, or you could alternatively say that I always get lazy.

I'd probably do a mix of some mild exercise (I literally do none right now aside from sports) and some improved eating habits since mine are pretty bad the last few months. I'm not going to set a weight goal but I think I'm about 20-25 pounds from my absolute ideal weight and like...10 pounds from a weight I'd be happy with (what I weighed a few years ago). Assuming muscle stays the same of course which is not a good assumption which is why I'm not setting a weight goal!

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
Edit: [MENTION=6276]Zoom[/MENTION], [MENTION=4324]Kasper[/MENTION] -
My opinion is that any Exercise sub forum (if we even get one) shouldn't be private, since the before / after picture thread is the only thing I can think of that will be personal. We can always create a thread in the Lounge at the end of the contest for that sort of thing. Otherwise, I think what we are trying to do is neat enough that I wouldn't mind guests checking it out.

Of course, I may be missing something here. Will other members be more likely to share progress details such as weight and measurements if it's private?

Hello, all. :) If ye would like input on this matter or have any preference, please state it ASAP (aka today) or it can't be taken into account in time for it to affect the outcome. Thanks!

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have a mild preference for it to be public, but don't care all that much. I like the idea of the forum for it. I am not more likely to share anything if it's "private".

wolfy

awsm
Hello, all. :) If ye would like input on this matter or have any preference, please state it ASAP (aka today) or it can't be taken into account in time for it to affect the outcome. Thanks!

I feel like there might be a difference in me posting pics but in reality it probably wouldn't make that much difference. So, public is okay.

Goals. Performance goals will probably be 3+ 30min+ weight training sessions not including lessons I give. 3+ 30min cardio/metabolic training sessions including lessons I give. And 3 30min+ stretch sessions a week. My outcome goals will probably be better defined abs and increased flexibility and some strength goals.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What about you guys?

I can see how that would be helpful. You might get more people outside of the exercise program to occasionally check up on ya, if that's something you want. :D

Mae

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5sp
I love the idea of having a separate subforum for this. I would prefer for it to be private, but I'll live if it's public.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
What about you guys?
Sounds good to me :yes:. I'll throw mine in there before the start-date.
Public/private doesn't matter to me. I'm not inclined to post that info on here either way, since it would still be on blast to the entire typec community. However, I'd be inclined to post before/after pictures and lost lbs or inches, even in a public subforum.
Numbers just make my soul cringe :laugh:

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm going to post weights and measurements as this thing goes on. I'll definitely do it this upcoming weekend, at the 3 month mark, and at the end. Updates in between those markers will likely be random.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I posted my goal in my sig, thanks [MENTION=1125]INTJMom[/MENTION].

And as silly as this sounds, I think having a green user name that will change if I fail to be steady with my exercising is going to be a dealmaker for me making it through this.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Today, I officially started with a warm-up round. I'll take this week to condition my body, and stabilize myself.

- Monday: Run 1.5 miles, walk 1.5 miles
- Tuesday: Workout DVD level 1, and go to the gym for 20 minutes of lifting weights and 10 minutes of stretching.
- Thursday: Run 1 mile, do mat drill workouts for a quarter mile, walk the way back.
- Friday: Same as Tuesday, with 20 minutes of stretching.

I already completed monday. I'll report back when I have the rest completed. :3

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Haha, great for you [MENTION=4939]kyuuei[/MENTION]! I'm just slacking and eating like crap for as long as I can until this thing starts. :doh:

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
:laugh: I've already started, too. I've been doing CrossFit 3x week since February, minus a week here and there for deadlines and holidays, and a month when I had a weird mole removed from my leg. (I know, weird you're not allowed to exercise! But I did anyway from home, and it stretched my scar out a bit, oops. :/)

But I've been consistent since getting back from our holiday in July. Even when we were on holiday, we did a lot of hiking.