• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge & Soirée

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
Could you also please edit a link to this thread into your OP of the other thread?

'Twas already being done as ye typed this post. :happy:

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
BAM.

...and...

Big badda BOOM.

From this point forward please forward any and all discussions, suggestions, recipes, or cruel teasing photos of awesometastic tasty food to the new thread linked above (just click "BAM.")
You lovely, darling lady! Especially for Fifth Element referencing, but I mean the healthy eating thread is cool too.. ya know.. whatevs ;)

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm using P90X, so my goals are based on that:

Weight/strength training - 3x a week
Cardio - 1x a week
Yoga - 1x a week

Bonus cardio on Saturday, but sometimes that day gets away from me, so I'm just committed to 5 days a week for sure. Sunday is rest day.

Permabanned
Hey, that's what I was going to suggest! Before and after pics if you're brave. And if you want to remain anonymous, you could just post before & after pics from the neck down in your workout clothes or something like that.

Or make a silhouette.[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DTlrnvD5TY"]Like this[/YOUTUBE] and [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VySJI450gU"]this[/YOUTUBE]

http://www.gimp.org/downloads/

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Ok. It's Saturday and I need to get ready for the Hurricane and do my exercises.
I think I will go exercise now... right this second... JUST DO IT! :static:

wolfy

awsm
I thought of some goals today. I think it was ten plus thirty minute sessions a week and upper body photos. I can't remember and I think I lost the piece of paper. I'm pretty sure that was it.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Ok... I DID IT!! :D
It was challenging and I'm already sore,
but I'm very grateful to Zoom for starting up this challenge, and for inviting me!
I would not have exercised today otherwise.
I am going to reward myself with a nice hot bath tonight!

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
This is the program I used today.
It's perfect for me since I am over 50.
moving-free-longevity-solution-easy-strength-level-1-f-sebastian-marino-dvd-cover-art.jpg

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I thought of some goals today. I think it was ten plus thirty minute sessions a week and upper body photos. I can't remember and I think I lost the piece of paper. I'm pretty sure that was it.

Me Gusta. :3

This is the program I used today.
It's perfect for me since I am over 50.
[/QUOTE]

Does it have any floor work on it? My mother has trouble getting down and up off the floors, but if it's all standing workouts I might look into getting this for her as well.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Does it have any floor work on it? My mother has trouble getting down and up off the floors, but if it's all standing workouts I might look into getting this for her as well.
Hey kyuuei, yes, I'm afraid it does. But Amazon reviews are the best place to check for exercise videos.
I once got my mom a video that was all done from a seated position... stretching and light exercise. Maybe that would be more in line with what your mom can do? Unfortunately it was several years ago and I don't remember the name any more.

I will ask her if she still has it.

wolfy

awsm
Me Gusta. :3

Chair exercise might be something to look into as well. Just google chair exercise.

Zoom

Enneagram
9w8
Ok... I DID IT!! :D
It was challenging and I'm already sore,
but I'm very grateful to Zoom for starting up this challenge, and for inviting me!
I would not have exercised today otherwise.
I am going to reward myself with a nice hot bath tonight!

I am very glad this has worked out well for ye. :) I appreciate your thanks.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I would like to enter the competition aspect, as competition brings out determination in me, however I will hopefully be having surgery before the end of the year which will probably restrict my exercise to walking up and down stairs at home, slowly, for 2-4 weeks and restricted exercise after that for a bit. Therefore at that point I may have to drop back to friendly participant, not competitor.

Okay everyone, I'm going to THROW DOWN THE GAUNTLET. It's so serious that the seriousness can only be conveyed in ALL CAPS. That's SERIOUS. Seriously.

I'm going to take before pictures.
At the end of six months, I'm going to take after pictures.

I will post these before and after pictures in the lounge no matter what. Even if I gain 5 pounds, I will be obligated to post the before and after pictures. Every time I feel like slacking too much, I will remember this challenge and use it to stay on track.

Is there anyone else that is a bad enough dude to save the president join me?

Bravo brave flying dogman! I say that's the kind of pressure that would have a pressuring effect. I'm down for that, my lazeass P needs pressure!

Last time we threw diet ideas in with the challenge as well, and it worked out well. The down side was that it makes for a horrible reference thread if you want to go back and find recipes, especially as the thread hits 1,000+ posts. A dedicated thread *might* be better for recipes because of that.

I know a seperate thread has been set up, but maybe a special forum set up (ie gauntlet-style) would be beneficial here. Part of why I lost interest in following the thread last time was because of how megga-massive it got.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I am very glad this has worked out well for ye. :) I appreciate your thanks.
:hug:
I am sore all over this morning!

btw: the worst of hurricane Irene seems to be over.
All we got were thunderstorms overnight.
Right now, we've got rain and 10 mph winds,
and only one inch of rain so far...
They say it should be over in about 3.5 hours.

:blush:
Apparently, the hurricane hasn't got here yet! LOL! 75 mph winds predicted for this evening. It's in Connecticut right now.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Bravo brave flying dogman! I say that's the kind of pressure that would have a pressuring effect. I'm down for that, my lazeass P needs pressure!

That totally puts the "P" in "heeeelllll yeeeeeaaaaah"!

I know a seperate thread has been set up, but maybe a special forum set up (ie gauntlet-style) would be beneficial here. Part of why I lost interest in following the thread last time was because of how megga-massive it got.

I love this idea! We can have a dedicated thread for status updates, and informational stuff can go other places. I vote "yes" for Proposition Exercise Gauntlet Forum.

Zoom

Enneagram
9w8
I would like to enter the competition aspect, as competition brings out determination in me, however I will hopefully be having surgery before the end of the year which will probably restrict my exercise to walking up and down stairs at home, slowly, for 2-4 weeks and restricted exercise after that for a bit. Therefore at that point I may have to drop back to friendly participant, not competitor.

Looking forward to having ye participate. :cheers: Could the forum also be a members-only area? Might that be possible? That could assist in keeping things like the photos people might post a bit more private while still in the Gauntlet forum's section...

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
I'm in.

I've already lost about 15 pounds, so my before and after in this thread is not going to be as impressive from this moment forward. I am going after the second set of 15 pounds to lose now. Then I will be at my ideal weight, around 128.

I am going to work towards 10000 steps a day as my aerobic workout (with one day off a week.) I got a new pedometer a couple of weeks ago so I need to start using it and see how much I am currently doing.

In addition, I want to increase my flexibility so will do the stretching DVD 3x a week. Then, as both goals are achieved, I will notch this up some.