• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge & Soirée

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've got my goals in my sig.

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
The only exercise I have time for these days are these little hand grip spring-thingies I bought at Walmart. I squeeze them hundreds of times each day while I drive from work to school to clinicals.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=6276]Zoom[/MENTION]:

Since I'm still confused as to how the partial week will work with our goals, I'll just go ahead and say that I walked on the beach for 2 hours Monday and played 1.5 hours of tennis today. That means for the partial week I will only be aiming for 3 workouts.

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
[MENTION=6276]Zoom[/MENTION]:

Since I'm still confused as to how the partial week will work with our goals, I'll just go ahead and say that I walked on the beach for 2 hours Monday and played 1.5 hours of tennis today. That means for the partial week I will only be aiming for 3 workouts.

The tracking of progress will be based on the number of workouts per week one is shooting for - if one is going for 4 workouts per week, that is 104 workouts over the course of this challenge. One cheat per two weeks, regardless.

So in terms of this partial week the only way the half week affects ye all is how the weekly progress will be shown for this week. Not the overall scoring. There are still 26 weeks in this challenge, regardless of what weekday the challenge begins/ends on (Wednesday or Monday).

Does that make more sense? :ninja:

Zoom

Enneagram
9w8
Alrighty. Apologies for any confusion, everyone. :blush:

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm going to keep my results in my sig, I think. That is, the change in my weight and my measurements. [MENTION=1125]INTJMom[/MENTION], if you think it will help you to state my goals, I'll be happy to, though. :)

wolfy

awsm
I don't want to put my goals in my signature. I don't like signatures with my posts, doesn't bother me if others have signatures but not me. It's this thing I have.

It would be useful if there was a way of starting individual workout log threads.

Today I gave a thirty minute workout lesson.

Keps Mnemnosyne

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Mm
I'll take a bite at this as well.

Goal: Gain twenty or more pounds by the end.

Methods: Weightlifting three times a week; Diet will be 3500 calories per day; two days off of the diet allowed per week. (Wednesday I won't have much time to eat and I want to have an actual day off if I don't feel well some other day.)

Already have done one workout this week, and one scheduled for tomorrow. Diet is so far so good. I'll report once a week if that's okay. Good luck everyone.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Members who are not logged in cannot see this brand-spankin'-new ready-to-be-filled-with-sweaty-bodies forum, hopefully you guys can though *crosses fingers*

wolfy

awsm
Members who are not logged in cannot see this brand-spankin'-new ready-to-be-filled-with-sweaty-bodies forum, hopefully you guys can though *crosses fingers*

[YOUTUBE="0jsw_r0hILQ"]I can see clearly...[/YOUTUBE]

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My goal isn't about losing or gaining weight, I do however want to lower body fat. Won't be able to give specific goals until I get my body fat measured, in a week or so.

I want to build up muscle in my arms, chest and shoulders specifically, and lose the beer gut.

In the meantime my main specific and measurable goal will be to work out 5 times a week. I go to a 24 hour gym so it should always be achievable, unless sick or recovering from surgery.

Work outs will include 3 cardio-intense sessions, with or without weights, and two weights-only sessions.

It would be useful if there was a way of starting individual workout log threads.

I see no issue with those who are in this seriously to have a thread of their own to track work out/goals etc. Actually, I think it would help.

What say yee oh exercise master [MENTION=6276]Zoom[/MENTION]

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
IT'S ALIVE!!!!

This sub-forum I mean.

Thanks [MENTION=4324]Kasper[/MENTION] :D

And if you find a short cut to blasting a beer gut, lemme know please. Thanks. I don't even drink beer yet I have one. It's a medical mystery, I tell ya.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=6276]Zoom[/MENTION] do I start today, and post by Monday, then?

Zoom

Enneagram
9w8
I don't want to put my goals in my signature. I don't like signatures with my posts, doesn't bother me if others have signatures but not me. It's this thing I have.

I have the same thing, do not hugely enjoy signatures... after trying them and finding it to be thus.

My goal isn't about losing or gaining weight, I do however want to lower body fat. Won't be able to give specific goals until I get my body fat measured, in a week or so.

I want to build up muscle in my arms, chest and shoulders specifically, and lose the beer gut.

In the meantime my main specific and measurable goal will be to work out 5 times a week. I go to a 24 hour gym so it should always be achievable, unless sick or recovering from surgery.

Work outs will include 3 cardio-intense sessions, with or without weights, and two weights-only sessions.

:hifive: Goals. :)

I see no issue with those who are in this seriously to have a thread of their own to track work out/goals etc. Actually, I think it would help.

What say yee oh exercise master [MENTION=6276]Zoom[/MENTION]

Separate exercise threads sounds like a useful idea to me, should others feel like it. It certainly could help some with motivation and consistency, and so this thread in particular does not become unwieldly. :)

Thankee, Kas. :hug:

[MENTION=6276]Zoom[/MENTION] do I start today, and post by Monday, then?

Yes, begin today, and updates by Monday would be ideal, aye. :yes:

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Okay, great! I think I might make my own spreadsheet/log to submit to TypeC. It would be kind of nice if there was some way we could all do separate postings. Or something to keep this an organized process.

Zoom

Enneagram
9w8
Okay, great! I think I might make my own spreadsheet/log to submit to TypeC. It would be kind of nice if there was some way we could all do separate postings. Or something to keep this an organized process.

Do you mean aside from the spreadsheet I said I'll be making at the end of today which will track everyone's progress, workouts, cheats used, etc, on a weekly basis? :huh: Aside from personal goals (I won't know what bodyfat % Kas is reaching each week, for example) everything should be included in there unless I've missed something.